This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacon number

I was reading Facebook when Wil Wheaton said his Bacon number is wrong on Google. He's says it should be 1 as he was in a movie with Kevin Bacon.

I counted mine and I'm 3:
    Me and James Brolin in Last Will
    James Brolin and K.C. Martel in Amityville Horror
    Martel and Bacon in White Water Summer

What's yours?
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Mine's 3

My mom went to high school with Mickey Rourke, who was in 'Diner' with Kevin Bacon.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I'm 3 as well!

The pastor of the church I went to in high school is Chris Ellis's cousin, who was in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon.

Comment

Four billion or so? To my knowledge, the path to Bacon for me would be so long that it would not be funny.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Kevin Bacon was in "A Few Good Men" with Tom Cruise. (1)

Tom Cruise was in "Born of the Fourth of July" with Stephen Baldwin. (2)

Stephen Baldwin was in "Firefight", a movie that my brother-in-law worked on the set of. (3)

So, I guess I'm a 4?
          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

No, no, no... he's so prevalent that the path is likely to be no more than 6 degrees.

My bacon number is 3 or fewer. I was an extra on the Fur and Loathing episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and the eight different cast members that I know were also on site (I actually spoke to both Petersen and Helgenberger) are all 2 degrees away, and all with different paths.

I used the Oracle of Bacon for my research. It seems fitting for use by fellow CSians.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I was very perturbed when my attempt at finding out the Bacon number failed for Uwe Blab. The game never was supposed to be restricted to just actors! Totally ruined a good joke at Mr. Blab's expense.

BTW, I read somewhere that we're all 45th cousins or closer.

EDIT: OK, now for my Bacon number.

(1) R. Lee Ermey and Kevin Bacon in Murder in the First

(2) Stanley Kubrick and R. Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket

(3) I met Stanley Kubrick when I auditioned for the part of the kid in The Shining. (Didn't get the part, because I was allergic to the dairy products proffered in the film.)
              Last edited by Zoom; 09-14-2012, 10:15 PM.
              Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Heh. For the oracle, you have to go to "More Options" and check the rest of the boxes.

Unfortunately, un-checking the "awards shows" box while having TV shows checked still brings back awards shows. >_<

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Kevin Bacon was in Trapped with Pruitt Taylor Vince. (1)

Pruitt Taylor Vince*was in The Cell with Jake Thomas. (2)

Jake Thomas went to school with my brother. (3)

That makes my Bacon number 4.

My brother met Taylor Swift as well and through her I have a Bacon number of 4 as well.
                  Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                  Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Oracle Bacon number is 3, having met most of the cast of Drop the Dead Donkey.
                    Last edited by rvdammit; 09-14-2012, 11:10 AM. Reason: typo fixed
                    ludo ergo sum

Comment

My mother went to high school with stuntman Dar Robinson
                      Dar Robinson did stunts in "Bachelor Party" with Tom Hanks
                      Tom Hanks was in "Apollo 13" with Kevin Bacon

I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Me
                        Don Lind (astronaut)
                        James Lovell (astronaut) [real Apollo 13, film cameo]
                        Kevin Bacon

My Mao number is also 3.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                          Four billion or so? To my knowledge, the path to Bacon for me would be so long that it would not be funny.
                          Your Bacon number is 3
                          You met me.
                          I went to school with Stephen Andrzejewski
                          Steve was the Location Manager for Novocaine
                          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                          Save the Ales!
                          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Amazingly (at least to me), my Bacon Number is 2:

Kevin Bacon was in Loverboy with Sandra Bullock.
                            I danced with (and did magic for) Sandra Bullock in Key West several years ago.

In another way, I have a Bacon Number of 2, though some would say it's 2. I'll explain.
                            Kevin Bacon was in Picture Perfect with Jay Mohr.
                            Jay Mohr went to the same high school at the same time as me, for a year (my second high school).
                            The reason some people might say this is a 3 rather than a 2 is that I have no memory of the guy at all, but my little sister did hang out with him. Can someone give me a ruling on this? I mean, I'm sure I saw him around the halls, but we didn't move in the same circles. (My sister moved in, shall we say, shadier circles.)

I also have a Bacon number of 3:
                            Kevin Bacon was in Enormous Changes at the Last Minute with Ellen Barkin.
                            Ellen Barkin was in Up in Smoke with Cheech Marin.
                            I have had several beers with Cheech Marin in Key West.

I also have a Bacon number of 4:
                            Kevin Bacon was in Enormous Changes at the Last Minute with David Straithairn.
                            David Straithairn was in L.A. Confidential with Simon Baker.
                            Simon Baker stars in The Mentalist, on which [Name Withheld] is a writer.
                            [Name Withheld] was my radio show partner in college.

I could go on and on, and can find several examples of 3 and 4, but you get the idea.

That being said, while researching this post, I found out that the owner of my bar has a Bacon Number of 3. Which means that, while he is far more famous than me, I have a better Bacon Number. Go figure!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

I would have zip. I don't know any actors, scriptwriters, people who work on movie or TV sets in any other capacity, or anybody else who's likely to have been with a light year of Kevin Bacon.
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X