This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's idiot

Totally at a loss as to how I could've made this customer happy.

She called & asked for customer service. We don't have an advertising customer service dept. She then asked about a confirmation she received after placing her ad with us - in the middle of June. She read off a list of dates that didn't sound right, so I looked up her ad.

Told her it's been running since mid-June and told her the expiration date. She kept asking about the confirmation email, and claimed that someone had told her that her ad wasn't in the paper.

Again, I assured her that it was, told her the dates. Then she said she uploaded a photo (actually some kind of graphic) and asked if it was there. I said we never received any graphic, maybe the file was too big? "No, it was just a little picture." I could not make her understand the difference between what it looks like on paper and the file size.

Offered to have her send it to me. "To this phone number?" No - it has to be emailed. We work on land lines. You can't text a photo. "I don't have access to email on my phone." Advised her AGAIN that we can't accept texted photos.

Then she started yelling to someone in the background, and the word "bullshit" got tossed around. Then she got mad because "the ad is almost up" and why bother? Please note that this ad has been running since MID-JUNE.

So, to recap: She kept obsessing about the dates on the confirmation email, despite my assurance that her ad was running as ordered; she wanted to send us a graphic but ONLY to a phone number, and then she didn't. And she ended the call saying she would call back "And get customer service."

Good luck with that. They closed that dept. about five years ago.

TL;DR; Customer is an idiot.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

"Someone told her her ad wasn't in the paper." Yet apparently she cannot be bothered to buy a copy (or even go to the library to read their copy) and look herself. She's just complaining. She doesn't deserve any customer service.

Comment

That's what I was thinking. She doesn't sound like a multi-national corporation, so I'm assuming she's fairly local, and thus her business is fairly close to the newspaper's catchment area. Get your lazy butt out the door and CHECK IT OUT YOURSELF.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

If I had paid for an ad in the newspaper, one of the first things I would have done on the first day it came out would be to buy a paper copy and look to see where it was.

Comment

Working...
        X