This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not in the mood to deal with your kids today

As I mentioned elsewhere on these forums, I have a toothache. I have an appointment for Monday afternoon but meanwhile I'm finding minor things ... like chewing ... a challenge.

And today we seemed to have a flood of Sucky Kids. Several of them appeared to have been sugar'd to the max, because they were dancing or spinning around in the store.

One kid kept picking up breakable stuff. His mother kept telling him to stop it. He didn't. I was hoping he'd get a nice shard of glass in the leg from dropping something. Alas, he didn't drop anything.

Another one was the offspring of a customer I was dealing with. He kept helping himself to free samples and his mother kept telling him "Enough!" He kept ignoring her. Finally they started to walk out (having bought nothing) and he reached for the handle on the Fetco in the store's entryway. His mother said "No!" again and again he ignored her.

So I put my hand over the handle before he could grab it and said "THAT'S ... ENOUGH!!" with accompanying angry glare.

Oddly, his mother looked at me and said, "Thank you!"

The kid turned and glowered at me as they walked away. Bugger off, you mooching little brat.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

It's a coffee urn
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
    TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Thanks for the picture. I had no clue what a Fetco was.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

You have one of those within child reach?! Yowch, that could have gone so badly... At least the parents were saying no, even if they didn't appear to have any respect from their spawn.
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

We don't have anything nearly that exotic, LOL. Ours don't actually make anything; we steep the teas behind the bar and then just pour them into the Fetco. Ours is more like a super-sized Thermos with a handle.

But yes, it still has the possibility of going badly, especially in winter, when we have hot teas in them.

Sorry, Seanette. I've been working with those things for so long I've forgotten that "Fetco" doesn't mean a damn thing to most people.
          Last edited by Pixelated; 06-17-2017, 04:10 PM.
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
            ... that "Fetco" doesn't mean ...
            A supplier of specialized *appliances*?
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              A supplier of specialized *appliances*?
              Wow, we'd have NO trouble reaching our sales goals!
              ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Most pharmacies have temporary broken crown attachment putty. You can use that to cover the offending tooth and reduce pain. I've also found that two 500mg Tylenol plus two ibuprofen is enough to get the pain down to manageable levels if you're an average-sized adult.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
                X