Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone--probably the tenant below us as they have two small kids and their bedroom is directly below mine--has Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy as an alarm clock this morning (clearly audible through my closed window...how loud was it in their apartment?). It served its intended purpose--got me out of bed so I could get away from it.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

My partner who worked at Geoffrey's toy store heard the same 20 Christmas songs all day everyday from about august to the day in question. Every Christmas the same songs for five years. He hasn't worked there for 12 years he still shudders when he hears Christmas music.
      Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

The songs where I work are finally starting to grate on everyone. If I have to hear All I Want for Christmas is You (both my Mariah Carey and her duet with Bieber) someone will get hurt. They are up to playing it three times a day. THREE. TIMES. A. DAY. I usually get bummed when all the holiday music stops on the 26th but not this year.

This year started okay. Songs we knew by people we could recognize and then it seemed as if most of the good stuff dropped off and like 10 songs went into heavy rotation. No wonder I haven't been listening to it much at home.
        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

We don't have a PA system here at the bank, so everybody's got music at their own workstations. It's almost funny to walk around the bank and hear the competing music. Especially since my coworkers' music tastes are so varied.

I set up a Pandora station for my holiday music so I can get some variety but also control it easily. I just denied "Last Christmas."
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
            They are up to playing it three times a day. THREE. TIMES. A. DAY.
            There's some kind of glitch with the Muzak at work, where we are forced to hear the same song two or three times in 30 minutes. It'll play "I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus" then a regular song, then repeat it, then a regular song, then repeat it again. Customers have been noticing it, too. I'm so miserable at work anyway that I haven't really noticed it.

The only song I like that I've heard is a particular version of Frosty the Snowman. It's funny because a lot of people really hate this version since it's on a slightly different key than normal, slower and lower.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Lemmy Kilmister, Dave Grohl & Billy F. Gibbons - "Run Rudolph Run":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxl3Jx6Zn9c

Trans Siberian Orchestra- A Mad Russian's Christmas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P9xxJ4V7no

You Ain't Getting Sh*t For Christmas - Red Peters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srHM2sIll68
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
              X