This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
    Does it make me a bad person that I wasn't sorry when the lawyer was eaten sitting on a toilet?
    If any one was upset at that scene, I couldn't hear it over the uproar of laughter in the theater.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Pizza Reverend View Post
      Seriously, who brings a 5 year old to opening night of a Juraesic Park movie? Really?!
      Probably the same ones who bring kids that age (or younger) to Hannibal. I kid you not!!
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
        Probably the same ones who bring kids that age (or younger) to Hannibal. I kid you not!!
        Ugh. I remember when that movie came out. I was still working at a movie theater at that time. We started cracking down on underage moviegoers in R-rated films. Heavily enforcing the "1 ID per ticket" rule. I don't think we had any parents trying to take five-year-olds into Hannibal, but it wouldn't have surprised me.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I remember being traumatized by how farking cold it was in the theater when I went to go see the first Jurassic Park.

Other than that it was awesome.
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

I took my 12 and 14 yr old nephews to a manatee showing Jurassic World this weekend (their mom had absolutely zero interest in going with them). Not a bad movie but we wound up a few rows behind an extended family with a couple of 6-7 year olds. The little ones spent the 2nd half of the movie screaming as the dinos did their thing.

Still not as bad as seeing the 5 and 7 year old traipse in for a 10pm showing of "South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut" and then run amok for the entire showing. The mother was a customer at my old grocery store and was well known for her questionable parenting skills in herding those monsters around.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
              The original Jurassic Park traumatized many a kid back in the day.
              Heck, my mother spent most of that movie hiding in the bathroom at the theater because she doesn't like jump scares. At all. Even to this day, she will not watch any of the Jurassic movies. I remember being around 8 or 10 or so the first time she let us watch it on video. But we weren't allowed to see the 'raptor scene in the kitchen. That is until she went out of town one weekend and Papa Jedi let us watch it. In his defense, he didn't know about that rule because we didn't tell him. Though Li'l Bro would have been around 4 at the time and Papa Jedi should have known better; despite Li'l Bro being the biggest dino enthusiast of all of us. He used to school the PTA ladies about dinosaurs and was able to pronounce the names correctly at a very young age. He was totally adorable. Wonder what happened there..... But anyway, yeah, I think we all had nightmares after that.

Mr Jedi and I went to see Inside Out last week and loved it. The kids in the showing were pretty well behaved. The family next to us talked through all the previews but at least they shut up when the movie started.
              I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                Does it make me a bad person that I wasn't sorry when the lawyer was eaten sitting on a toilet?
                A huge tyrannosaurus ate our lawyer. Well, I suppose that proves they're really not all bad.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  A huge tyrannosaurus ate our lawyer...
                  Whatever happened to professional courtesy?
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

"The only one on my side is the blood-sucking lawyer!"

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                      "The only one on my side is the blood-sucking lawyer!"
                      "........thank you."
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                        The Belcher. This guy sat behind me and every ten minutes or so let out the most disgusting rumbling belch. The kind that sounds like it bubbled up from someone deep, deep, deep in his gut.
                        When I went to see Black Hawk Down, someone in the theater had horrific gas. As in "all of my nose hairs yanked themselves from their moorings and ran screaming for the door" atrocious. As in "was there chemical warfare in Mogadishu?" toxic Smellovision.

I don't go to the movies much anymore.
                        PS - where's the "vomiting" smiley face?

Comment

Quoth Boomslang View Post
                          PS - where's the "vomiting" smiley face?
                          Click [More] under the 15 top smilies for a second page full of goodies or type : puke : (without spaces) directly into your text.
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                            Click [More] under the 15 top smilies for a second page full of goodies or type : puke : (without spaces) directly into your text.
                            Damn, I was kidding. You guys are equipped for Apocalypse.

Comment

The only time we took our kids to a movie it was to a drive-in showing one of the Herbie movies (I think it was The Love Bug one). My oldest was around 2 and a half and my youngest was a newborn. Julie (the baby) slept thru it. I do remember being very uncomfortable ( it was only weeks after she was born. But if it hadn't of been a drive-thru we wouldn't have gone.
                              "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

The boy thing wanted to see Jurassic world and I was up for a date night.

I spent 10 minutes hiding in his shoulder - I have a phobia of birds. Still haven't fully forgiven him.

Comment

Working...
                                X