Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this unbelievable scene yesterday at the nearby pawn shop when I went in to make a payment (have a piece of jewelry that I borrowed against and am getting the bill down so I can pay it off and bring it home soon.)

Guy at the counter has a printer in a box that he's wanting to sell and a discussion ensued about the fact he couldn't get anything for it.

Why couldn't he get anything for it? It was in pristine condition and had the original box and everything.

The printer in question was an Epson that was at least 20-25 years old (Actionprinter I think the box said - had a photo of a vintage late 80's Macintosh style desktop PC on the front) and no drivers are available for the current Windows versions, let alone it's dot matrix.

Guy ended up taking his printer and leaving. It was all I could do to keep from laughing.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
      ...Guy ended up taking his printer and leaving. It was all I could do to keep from laughing.
      What'll ya give me for this $2000 daisywheel?
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        A while back someone said they always bought laser printers at yard sales. He would use them until the toner ran out, then buy another one. He said it was much cheaper than buying toner.
        Interesting idea. He's right. The toner cartridges themselves can go for about $70 or more depending on the type. And now that I think about it, I've known people who bought new inkjets every time they needed to replace a cartridge.

Maybe I'll hang onto the one printer for awhile. I just found an unused toner cartridge for it.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
          Interesting idea. He's right. The toner cartridges themselves can go for about $70 or more depending on the type. And now that I think about it, I've known people who bought new inkjets every time they needed to replace a cartridge.
          We actually have a client who does that. They now have over 20 printers on their fixed asset ledger...
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I recently bought a new KonicaMinolta 1600W as a sneaky way of getting a new set of cartridges for my KM 1650EN. Why not just use the new printer? Well, the old one has a network interface that the new one doesn't, plus the 1650EN is higher resolution.

Unfortunately there seems to be something else wrong with the damn thing, and now I don't think I can remember which parts came from which machine...

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
              ...Unfortunately there seems to be something else wrong with the damn thing, and now I don't think I can remember which parts came from which machine...
              Have your Igor give it a few hits of Lightning+™, guaranteed to make your monster shamble.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
              X