Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun fact: Cats can exist on a diet of purely "wet" food, and in many cases it's better for them. Cats are strict carnivores and the non-meat byproducts in dry food is not good for them. Also, dry food doesn't contain nearly enough moisture to keep a cat properly hydrated. Cats would naturally get most of their moisture from eating meat, not from drinking it.

However, to keep their teeth healthy, they also need a decent amount of bone meal in their diet.

However, most cats can do just fine on dry food diets with a steady supply of fresh water. But some cats will actually become fatter due to the vegetable portion of their diet being stored almost completely as fat because it's not a natural part of their diet.

Dogs are a lot easier since they are closer to being omnivores and can do just fine with a dry food diet and sufficient fresh water.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Pablo only eats dry food; it's just out and whenever he's hungry he can help himself (though he doesn't eat if no one's home so if he's alone all day he will go straight for the bowl (after he lets you catch him for a snuggle, of course)). My dog when I was a kid used to eat wet food once a day and also had a bowl of dry out all the time.

My cats have dry food and a water bowl (slash-wading pool ) out all the time, and they split a small can twice a day (we usually give them each 1/4 of the can each feeding, because they never eat it all). They will only eat 2 flavors of Meow Mix wet food. They like the fish flavors; chicken, beef, turkey...they barely touch those. And other brands we've tried, they won't eat. My mom just donated most of a box of some other brand to the vet's office. The boy seems to prefer the wet food, though, and the girl seems to prefer the dry...
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Auto View Post
        Well, going by what everybody's posting in another thread, what if she's a dealer buying tons of cat food for resale, thereby depriving other customers who only need a can or two?
        From the OP: P: No I don't think we got them in. D, this woman says Manager ordered 8 cases of cat food for her did they come in.

They special ordered the original batch, thus negating your argument. She is not taking away from the regular order stocked to normal sales volumes. Try again.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          They special ordered the original batch, thus negating your argument. She is not taking away from the regular order stocked to normal sales volumes. Try again.
          She buys the cat food, because she hates the taste of Cup Ramen?

Comment

Working...
          X