Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get that too. Yes, boys. I wear skirts. I wear lipstick. I'm straight, sorta. I like pink and flowers and ruffly junk. I AM A GAMER! Go ahead, ASK ME THE WHITE WOLF QUESTION. If I can't answer it, my fiance can or I CAN LOOK IT UP FOR MY OWN SELF!

/rant.

Comment

Quick question for you girl (seeing as i dont trust most male gamers with my decisions)
      Which would you buy?
      A PSP or a Wii?

Comment

My husband got me started on Everquest II and I haven't hardly touched my XBox since, poor thing. I have several games for it waiting for me to finish.
        I'm lucky, my husband keeps me hooked up for my anime and video game addictions

As for PSP vs Wii: Well, what's more interesting for you? Are you wanting a portable machine that you can also load movies and other data on, or do you want a fun console? We have a PSP, haven't gotten a Wii, though. The PS3 is very pretty, though, and I like my 360.

Comment

PSP vs Wii?

Wii, definately. The PSP, like the PS3, seems to be just a big fancy overly expensive bragging right that doesn't really do much except cost a stupid amount of money. My coworker has a PSP, I have a DS. I've yet to see one thing on his PSP that looked remotely decent. The PSP movies use a propriety format disc ( Bad bad idea ) and stores are already phasing out carrying it because there's not enough interest ( Why buy a movie you can only watch on a PSP? Better off with a portable DVD player so you don't have to buy it twice if you want to watch the movie again at home ). Plus they charge you out the ASS for the memory cards. They're twice as expensive then an equivalent SD flash card. Once again, a propriety hardware format.

My DS cost me $100 flat. I have it modded to use SD flash cards. It plays movies and mp3s. Runs NES, SNES, Gameboy, GBA, Gamegear and Genesis roms. It reads txt and doc. It displays gif, jpg and bmp. It can use Wifi points, get on IRC, check email, browse the net, etc using homebrew free software off the net. It can use any SD flash card so I card around a couple gigs worth. I also cart around a small card reader/writer so I can plug my portable data into any computer I'm around or into my DS if no computer's around. ;p

My PSP loving coworker often borrows my second DS ( I have the original and a Lite ) so that he may partake in Elite Beat Agent action. ( I love that game so much....and its Japanese predessor, Ouendan. Just beat Ouedan 2 on 4 star as well. ^^ ).

I don't know what Sony's doing lately. Every time one of their CEO's opens his mouth he makes a complete ass of himself.

Comment

the funny thing is i like the concept of both systems (ive only used psp before) but would buy either for two reasons each.
            Wii- I can buy trauma center and play it because it sounds fun
            - It looks like fun to play

PSP- I can buy Loco Roco and play because im already addicted
            - DS always seem like little girl toys.... and i like Serenity...
            Plus side is both have a Sonic game...
            Last edited by Sliceanddice; 06-14-2007, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
              ecause im already addicted
              - DS always seem like little girl toys.... and i like Serenity...
              Plus side is both have a Sonic game...
              The DS is full of win. I bought it out of curiousity to begin with and it ended up being the most interesting system I've owned so far ( Course I haven't found a Wii yet. ). The amount of gameplay variety you open up by having a touch screen is surprising. It has roped in quite a few people who are not normally gamers and I have to applaud Nintendo for that. A touch screen interface is just vastly more intuitive for the lay man or casual gamer. No controls to learn or memorize, you can figure everything out just by looking at the screen.

Elite Beat Agents is still awesome. ;p Not to mention all the Final Fantasies are moving over to the DS including Tactics Advance 2 and the seqeal to Final Fantasy XII. They already remade Final Fantasy 3 in glorious 3d on the DS and they just announced that Final Fantasy 2 (4?) is getting the same treatment.

Cecil and Rosa in glorious 3d with remastered music and a better script translation? Hell yes, sign me up.

Comment

I think my problem is nitendogs... its just soo..... sad...

Comment

I think my problem is nitendogs... its just soo..... sad...
                  How so? Virtual pets have been around for years and years. They're just becoming more advanced. If you don't like dogs but your kids want one I think a $30 game would be a nice compromise. ;p

Wait, why are you up so late? ( early? )

I'm only awake because they're paying me.

Comment

.... i... am wake... because....i have insomnia and have the good fortune to only have two phone calls and a court date on my plate tomorrow...

and the thing about nitendogs is that it was over advertised and kind creepy and i hate those virtual pets (i think because my meimei loves them) and i prefer my Claire-a-bell...

if you rather ill read Luna instead of browse the forume

Comment

.... i... am wake... because....i have insomnia and have the good fortune to only have two phone calls and a court date on my plate tomorrow...
                      Someone is taking you to court for a date? Not really romantic and definately not a gamer geek. Dump him.

Virtual pets, might not be a bad compromise for parents and can also be a test for their children to see if they really will care for a real pet and not dump it on the parents.
                      Quote Dalesys:
                      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

lol i cant dump my dad dragger.... if i did then i would probably have a funeral to get ready for.....

oh and i would dump any guy always

Comment

lol i cant dump my dad dragger.... if i did then i would probably have a funeral to get ready for.....
                          Hmm, OK then, I guess you wouldn't want to go on a romantic date with your dad.
                          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

if you rather ill read Luna instead of browse the forume
                            I'm not chasing you off, silly, get back here. I may be a hideous nocturnal troll but I'm actually rather amiable. I was just curious. I'm only stuck here because I'm at work and its still 3 more hours before I can go home. -.-

I prefer real pets as well but can't have them where I live. Not that I've filled the void with virtual ones or anything. Just saying that that could be the case for some people as well.

Comment

lol ok... but now i have this odd dicision..
                              Wii for the awesomeness
                              PSP about to become out of date i bet but!! has loco roco... and i like loco roco... its fun and weird and totally fucked up...

(im buying a game system some time this summer... for my stress... yeah thats it... stress...)

Comment

Why not download Nesticle and get some classics? Really, games today just don't stack up to the games of yesteryear.

Atari 2600 rules! I want my Adventure back!!

As for the PSP, won't Bleem fix that?
                                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                                X