Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My side has been laughing at this whole thread. I dislike fights enough that I wouldn't get into anything (ok, I'm a gigantic wimp), but that doesn't stop me from thinking about taking snotgobblers like these down a notch or two.

You guys are all made of awesome.
    Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 02-24-2009, 08:38 PM. Reason: fixing things.
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
      The McDonalds in my story, there are 3 total drive thru windows. The line can be as long as the entire building.

I think with MOST McDonalds around here, there are 3 windows, but the 2nd one is ever used....the McDonalds in my parents' town only has 2 windows and it backs up quite often.
      Mine has only one window. We are really tiny. The most I have ever seen is two windows,though. Three? Wow...
      "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Yep, 3. I only brought up the size to paint a mental picture of just how many vehicles can fit in line at one time, and how I was in no one's way, that guy was just being a huge ass and having no idea what was really going on.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post

I didn't give him any more attention than a half-assed middle finger out the window and continued getting my stuff pulled away...because let's face it, making sure your debit card is facing in the right direction is way more important than bothering with some guy with spatial issues...and he slammed his car through the, oh, 30 feet of empty lot next to me to pull up right beside me and keep honking. I just kept the finger in the window until I was finished, then went on my way with him still honking and looking stupid.
          I think the best part is probably how little effort you put into responding the guy. Bad enough - in his eyes - that you don't move, but even worse you can't even be bothered to pay attention while you're flicking him off!

Long time ago I was driving down a street where it merged from three lanes to two but it was set up so that drivers had LOTS of notice that it was coming. Guy driving his girlfriend in a shitbox car decides he's too good to merge so he decides to floor it (sounded like a go-cart revving up) and stay in the merge lane until the last second.

[Now I LOATHE tactics like this. I can't help if someone else lets a driver like this but I will NOT do so unless the person has been trying to merge for a while and just can't.]

So this guy zooms up next to me and signals that he wants in, which I ignore. He honks on his horn and I ignore that too except to glance over to see him gesturing angrily at me. He keeps honking and when I look over again he's giving me the bird. My response? I look over and wave, and then blow him some kisses, which apparently sent him through the roof. Best part was that no one else would let him in either and it looked like he lost more time with his little stunt then if he had just merged like a normal person.

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          You know, my car has this problem where when that sort of horseshit happens, it stalls.

I just don't know what that is about. It's like the noise from their horn causes my car to stall or something. I just don't understand. Sometime it stalls multiple times and I just can't get it to go. I can't do anything but just sit there like a wart on a fat man's ass, you know, totally blocking the way. Gosh.

Oh, well, the mysteries of life.
          Wow! And here I thought my car was the only one that has that problem. I find that when someone is tailgating me, especially when I'm trapped behind other cars, that my vehicle just starts to slow down for some odd reason. Maybe without the extra air coming from the tailpipe, my engine malfunctions? Anyway, the strangest thing is that I slow down just enough so that I'm right next to the car in the other lane... as soon as my tailgating buddy backs off, my car starts functioning properly again!
          Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post

Long time ago I was driving down a street where it merged from three lanes to two but it was set up so that drivers had LOTS of notice that it was coming. Guy driving his girlfriend in a shitbox car decides he's too good to merge so he decides to floor it (sounded like a go-cart revving up) and stay in the merge lane until the last second.

[Now I LOATHE tactics like this. I can't help if someone else lets a driver like this but I will NOT do so unless the person has been trying to merge for a while and just can't.]

So this guy zooms up next to me and signals that he wants in, which I ignore. He honks on his horn and I ignore that too except to glance over to see him gesturing angrily at me. He keeps honking and when I look over again he's giving me the bird. My response? I look over and wave, and then blow him some kisses, which apparently sent him through the roof. Best part was that no one else would let him in either and it looked like he lost more time with his little stunt then if he had just merged like a normal person.

Geez, I hope that guy didn't get any that night.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I

Wow! And here I thought my car was the only one that has that problem. I find that when someone is tailgating me, especially when I'm trapped behind other cars, that my vehicle just starts to slow down for some odd reason. Maybe without the extra air coming from the tailpipe, my engine malfunctions? Anyway, the strangest thing is that I slow down just enough so that I'm right next to the car in the other lane... as soon as my tailgating buddy backs off, my car starts functioning properly again!
              My car has a similar problem when someone's tailgating me, especially when I'm behind another car. As soon as the person backs off, then the car works fine as well. It also has this strange thing where if I'm waiting until traffic dies down to turn right on a red light and someone honks at me, it stalls.

I think that person was a few cars behind me in a drive through lane a couple of weeks ago, but the replacement penis was an SUV. The car in font of me had an order that was taking longer than this person wanted, so he honked his horn several times .

Comment

So this guy zooms up next to me and signals that he wants in, which I ignore. He honks on his horn and I ignore that too except to glance over to see him gesturing angrily at me. He keeps honking and when I look over again he's giving me the bird. My response? I look over and wave, and then blow him some kisses, which apparently sent him through the roof.
                I must try this sometime! Blowing kisses at someone who is losing their mind seems like an immensely satisfying way of getting back at them.
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
                  I really wish I had a bazooka or a machine gun turret on my car so I could deal with all the road rats I come across.
                  Particle thrower. Nobody will ever find the remains...if they do, they won't be identifiable.
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
                    I must try this sometime! Blowing kisses at someone who is losing their mind seems like an immensely satisfying way of getting back at them.
                    It was not only entertaining for me - especially since he did go apeshit - but it also sends the message "Hey - You're such an assclown that you're not even worth flipping the bird too!"

Comment

I think instead of blowing kisses, I'll just wink and flip my hair.....

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
                        My husband did that to a guy and the guy's machismo could not bear the implication. He went berserk. As part of going berserk, he laser-sighted his attention on my husband and ended up rear-ending a pimped-out, classic Impala that had been waiting to pull into the local pot club. As my husband watched, four young men came rolling out of the Impala and headed for the berserker.

My husband drove by there about half an hour later. Police and ambulance were there. The berserker did not look too good.
                        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                        HR believes the first person in the door
                        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                        Document everything
                        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                          I think instead of blowing kisses, I'll just wink and flip my hair.....
                          Any response along those lines is a good one - as long as the other driver knows you can't even be bothered to take him seriously!

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                          My husband did that to a guy and the guy's machismo could not bear the implication. He went berserk. As part of going berserk, he laser-sighted his attention on my husband and ended up rear-ending a pimped-out, classic Impala that had been waiting to pull into the local pot club. As my husband watched, four young men came rolling out of the Impala and headed for the berserker.

My husband drove by there about half an hour later. Police and ambulance were there. The berserker did not look too good.
                          While a beating probably wasn't warranted, all I can think is: Karma's a bitch.

Comment

It's only safe to assume that after last Friday's incident, the guy who got pissed at me probably either went back to work and trashed his office, or went back home and probably beat the hell out of his roommate or girlfriend.

He was going literally insane in his car. I could not believe it....

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                              It's only safe to assume that after last Friday's incident, the guy who got pissed at me probably either went back to work and trashed his office, or went back home and probably beat the hell out of his roommate or girlfriend.

He was going literally insane in his car. I could not believe it....
                              I suspect with that display of "personality" the only kind of girlfriend that guy could seemingly have would be inflatable.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

While a beating probably wasn't warranted, all I can think is: Karma's a bitch.
                                Oh I'm sure he ran his mouth. I doubt hitting the back end of someone slowed his attitude.
                                "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Working...
                                X