This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who can't park.

Ok, so this is one of my biggest pet peeves of all time. People who can't seem to park in the lines, and people who park over multiple spaces, making it impossible for other cars to park(the worst one I've seen was a big van that was parked in four spaces).

Now, seeing as this is a big pet peeve of mine, I've often thought of ways to get the message across that they need to learn to park right. Also, seeing as I'm a writer/ wannabe author, I carry a pen and notebook with me most times. Well, I've got a confession to make here. I found a way to get the message across.

Basically, while I was out one day, every time saw a car that had been horribly parked, or parked where it wasn't supposed to be, I'd grab my pen and notebook, write down a small, not kind but not mean, statement. Then I'd go and stick it under their wiper blade or in the driver side window. I doubt they were to happy, but hopefully they took the message to heart. So yeah, I'm guilty of being a jerk.
    We Pick Up the Pieces

I am sure it has aleady been posted around here somewhere, but:

http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/

Enjoy!
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

....Thank you!!!
      We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Here's another possibility for you...I carry a few of these in my backpack (almost never without it):

http://www.iparklikeanidiot.com/

Comment

I thought I should mention this. It's usually not a good idea to put *stickers* on someone else's car. They could always call the cops and get you busted for vandalism. Not worth it, in my opinion.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I hate the cars that park between handicap cars in the yellow lines between the spaces that are meant for the wheelchair ramps.

And crappy sportscars that park diagonally.
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

yeah, I don't use stickers, just pieces of paper. That way, if they do call the cops, they end up looking like an idiot for overreacting to a piece of paper that takes no energy to remove.
              We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

My favorite is the jackass who has to park so that you only have like 6 inches between your driver's side and his passenger side. Usually it's something like a Ford Expedition or the big Chevy.

Comment

Try TWO massive SUVs who think that it'd be a great time to play "Sandwich the Neon", especially in smaller parking lots like the tanning salon that I go to.

Pfft, jealous of my fuel economy are you?
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    Try TWO massive SUVs who think that it'd be a great time to play "Sandwich the Neon", especially in smaller parking lots like the tanning salon that I go to.

Pfft, jealous of my fuel economy are you?
                    No, they just want to let you know that they could crush you and wouldn't so much as blink. Or something like that. Sometimes I realize they have no choice.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                      My favorite is the jackass who has to park so that you only have like 6 inches between your driver's side and his passenger side. Usually it's something like a Ford Expedition or the big Chevy.
                      I like gimping into customer service desks with the car information and having them page the person, because it invariably contains the words 'blocking the driver parked in the handicapped space, and if not moved will be towed'

The crutches are a great help at pwning sucky parkers ... when they realize that I can legally have them towed for blocking me from getting into my car. I *always* park properly within the lines, so they are invariably the ones at fault.

How freaking hard is it to practice driving until one is competent? I really miss the european tradition where a drivers license is a privilege not a right...
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth d962831 View Post
                        Ok, so this is one of my biggest pet peeves of all time. People who can't seem to park in the lines, and people who park over multiple spaces, making it impossible for other cars to park(the worst one I've seen was a big van that was parked in four spaces).
                        I once parked across NINE spaces at a WalMart - of course, I was driving a long-wheelbase tractor with a 53 foot trailer, the lot wasn't crowded, and I parked at the edge. For those not "in the business", many (but not all) WalMarts allow truck parking.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I can't just can't fathom how so many people cannot park between the lines.

I have a slight issue with angle parking, but I still don't park like a total idiot that way.

My downstairs neighbor.....I don't think she should even be allowed to drive anymore. Her car is always parked on one side of the two lines....never between them. Always off to one side and over one of the lines, and almost always crooked.

How damn hard is it to park?!
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I recently watched a women try to park a smart car(you know those little two passenger cars) take at least 6 attempts to park. I was able to park my SUV in one attempt. really how hard can it be to park a smart car.

When I left the car was still their with the rear driver side tire about two feet in the adjacent space.

Comment

I can back a 23' moving van into a tight driveway with one try. What the hell is wrong with all these people who can't manage to get their sedans and compacts pulled into an angled space without missing or taking multiple attempts.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X