Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Forum games

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 08:32 PM
12 year old WoW nazi

question for the story teller...

you say we'll be starting off already knowing each other...so where were we all when the "transmission" hit? did we know each other at that point?

exile....really you went with cook....cause that sounds *nothing* like the concept you told me >.>

Old 10-02-2013, 01:01 AM
Tech Support Monkey

I would imagine Chocolate is a rare commodity like fresh fruit.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Asura Mesmer

Yeah, I can imagine chocolate being seen as a rare delicacy, with people raving over it, and Lizzie getting left out because the couple of times she's tried it, she's gotten terrible migraines. That would totally suck.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Pedestrian of the Apocalypse

Quote:
Quoth Exile View Post
How's Zhānmǔsī? Or "Zhan" for short. I think it lends an air of how the cultures mixed in the arcs to form the Anglo-Sino Alliance, reflecting that one can end up with clearly oriental elements to a person's name despite being clearly caucasian.
I think that's a good name, and it makes me think of Simon & River Tam. Given names that sound more Western, but a surname that sounds more Eastern. Zhānmǔsī "Zhan" Cook it is.

Quote:
Quoth Exile View Post
- I'll have to get back to you with more detail.
You don't have to think on it too hard. There may not be much information on other laser pistol makes/models in the source material (either the show or the RPG books), so feel free to fabricate one.

Quote:
Quoth Ghel View Post
Elizabeth "Lizzie" Lock
Nice, I think we have our medic.

Questions for Lizzie Lock:
- Presuming that Lizzie's brother fought for the Alliance in the war, but regardless, what planet/battle did he die on/in? And please, don't make it one of the "known" battles listed in the source material. Let's try to diversify and come up with new "canon" stuff for our story.
- What firm/company does Nathaniel work for?
- Tell us the story of Lizzie's last great bender. The one that prompted her to limit herself to one drink and that perhaps she's most embarrassed about.

Quote:
Quoth Sarlon View Post
question for the story teller...

you say we'll be starting off already knowing each other...so where were we all when the "transmission" hit? did we know each other at that point?
Our story will begin about three months after the Miranda Broadcast. The crew will have been working together at least three months prior to that.

Now that we have the majority of the crew (at least one more crew member), let's start figuring that out. Feel free to discuss it here in the thread, in PMs with each other, whatever, but let's start putting the pieces together.

Thus you'll now need to figure out what kind of ship you're all crew on, what it's called, and perhaps just some brief blurbs about how the crew came together. It could be a case of one crew member brought another one on board (a sort of "I know a guy who needs the job") or someone answered a Cortex ad, or whatever.

Can I also just say that I like that we seem to have gotten a bunch of Core-worlders on the crew, ones who happen to know the Alliance is not nearly as "evil" as the series made them out to be. Joss Whedon did say in interviews that the Alliance only comes across as the villains in the show because it's being told more or less from Mal's point of view (and he's not exactly unbiased) and was set more in the Border and Rim planets. He's said if the story had been from the POV of someone from a Core world, it might have focused more on all the good the Alliance genuinely does for folks, and the Browncoats might not have seemed so sympathetic.

There are only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Old 10-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Tech Support Monkey

Quote:
Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
Can I also just say that I like that we seem to have gotten a bunch of Core-worlders on the crew, ones who happen to know the Alliance is not nearly as "evil" as the series made them out to be.
This is actually the main reason I decided to be a Core Worlder and former Navy. Figured it would be an interesting side of the story to explore.

I think the important decisions as far as a ship are concerned are this:

1: Weapons: Do we want them
2: How many passengers do we want to carry
3: How cramped/spacious do we want it

I'm using some of the Serenity RPG source books for this, but if I had to choose I would say we go with an ALST or a Cargo Lifter.

The ALST is slightly larger with more room for crew and passengers which means it also costs slightly more to maintain.

The Cargo Lifter is an extremely common ship according to the books and is far more easy/common to modify for various uses.

Both ships are fairly reliable and low maintenance cost.

Ship Names are always fun, but I think that one should be up to the Captain. It's his ship after all.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:27 PM
12 year old WoW nazi

Sama has grown up on a alst style ship most of her life (they had a smaller one till they got some government contracts that allowed them to afford a larger ship.)

I think sama would of just answered a "help wanted" ad while in port, looking for a new ship, most turned off by her age.....and her temper.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Asura Mesmer

Quote:
Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
Questions for Lizzie Lock:
- Presuming that Lizzie's brother fought for the Alliance in the war, but regardless, what planet/battle did he die on/in? And please, don't make it one of the "known" battles listed in the source material. Let's try to diversify and come up with new "canon" stuff for our story.
- What firm/company does Nathaniel work for?
- Tell us the story of Lizzie's last great bender. The one that prompted her to limit herself to one drink and that perhaps she's most embarrassed about.
Yes, Andrew Lock fought for the Alliance. (Making up a battle here: ) When the Independents tried to free the planet Greenleaf in order to have access to its medicinal plants, Andrew was among the troops sent by the Alliance to reclaim it. He was struck down in the initial battle.

Nathaniel Lock works as an accountant for the Museum of Art at the Londonium Museum.

After seeing their final grades, a group of Lizzie's classmates decided to go out and celebrate their imminent graduation. Lizzie remembers little of that night except waking up, with a tremendous hangover, among a pile of passed out and snoring people. During the next few days, up to graduation day, Lizzie was approached by about half a dozen of her classmates as well as two people they must have picked up at one bar or another. All of them thanked her for the amazing time they had. One even asked where she learned "that thing." Lizzie tried to play it cool, but she regretted getting so drunk that she couldn't remember the great time she must have had. Lizzie already had a reputation at the school for being easy, so little changed in that regard. She still wonders if there wasn't more that happened that night that she doesn't remember/know.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Support Monkey

I figure Webb is on the ship for one of a few reasons:

1: Saw Cook was in need of a pilot, recognized the name as someone who had a reputation in the Alliance for being a "good man."

2: Cook being in need of a Pilot heard about Webb and recognized Webb's name and sought him out.

3: Webb being in need of work saw Cook advertising for need of a Pilot and won out the job by impressing cook with his skills. Neither really recognizes the other, but they recognize the demeanor of a former alliance military man in one another.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Asura Mesmer

Exile and I discussed how Lizzie joined the crew, and this is what we came up with:

Lizzie is fired from her last job on Londonium and can no longer find work. She tries looking for work on Londonium, but her reputation precedes her, until she runs out of money and is about to be evicted. While doing so, she spends time in a club near her apartment and meets a handsome patron of the club she'd never met before, mutual seduction between Lizzie and the patron occurs. Afterwards she mentions she's about to lose her place and laments that despite medical degree she cannot find work. Patron mentions sometimes transport vessels need medics to patch up wounded in space where accidents have been known to occur with no other medical personnel within days of travel. After the patron leaves, she takes the idea and searches codex for possible job postings on travelling ships. Though she wants to stay on Londonium because of friends and lovers there, she feels she must do whatever it takes to not end up destitute. Replies to cortex post, meets crew member Mando Alvarez who has been authorized to handle hiring of medic. Mando accepts Lizzie after trying to arrange vidconference with captain and being told to "handle it". (Wouldn't even read the resume.) Lizzie quickly grabs up belongings with help of crew. Later after having left atmo, set course, and contacted next port destination captain finally emerges to meet the crew's new medic. Lizzie "officially" meets Captain Zhan Cook, recognizing him as the patron that suggested she find work on a transport vessel.

Last edited by Ghel; 10-23-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:17 PM
12 year old WoW nazi

*bump*

So when are we getting this party started?