Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carding people who think they're so special.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never been carded in my life, and I was buying cigarettes at thirteen and alcohol at fourteen. I could also watch eighteen rated films at the cinema at fourteen. Mostly cuz I was tall for my age and developed boobs at age thirteen, so I looked a lot older than I was. This is why I never trust on how old a person looks; I always ask for ID. Once I asked a woman for ID and she turned out to be forty years old! I apologised, but she said, "Don't be sorry, I can't wait to tell my husband when I get home!" XD
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
      In 1985 I was 7 years old and my mom would send me into Rite Aid to buy cigarettes for her.
      When I was 16 & 17, my dad would send me to a tobacconist for his special blend of pipe tobacco. He apparently had a credit line there as I only had to sign for it.
      I was carded when I locked the keys in the car. I managed to acquire a hanger from a dry cleaner and was questioned by a police officer when breaking into the vehicle.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
        Did they have to swipe the card through your register? If so, it might be recording your ID information, because, if I remember correctly, cough syrup is an ingredient in making meth, and the authorities like to know who's buying what, and how much, of certain items.
        I doubt if it rang any bells in my case. I had doctor-diagnosed bronchitis and just wanted to get some sleep.

Comment

Quoth Sparklyturtle View Post
          I doubt if it rang any bells in my case. I had doctor-diagnosed bronchitis and just wanted to get some sleep.
          Oh, it wouldn't ring any bells unless you bought an unusual amount. It's just one way the authorities know where to look for illegal activity.

A few years ago, a friend of a friend got raided because the electric company's billing software noticed unusually high electric usage and sent up a flag. That alone wasn't enough to get a warrant, but it did clue the police in that something unusual might be going on there and that they should take a closer look.

Comment

I got carded for beer today I'm afraid that my response might have been a little sucky because I was paying cash so it couldn't have been to check my ID against my plastic.

Clerk: Can I see some ID?
            Me: Sure, why?
            He pointed at the sign that said that if someone looked under 30, they would need to show id for tobacco or alcohol purchases.
            Me: Really? Here's my ID, could I take a picture of you pointing at the sign?
            Clerk: Why?
            Me: Because I haven't looked that young in about 25 years and my husband won't believe me without pics!
            Lady behind me who looked to be about 50: I'll be right back, I suddenly need a bottle of wine.
            Man behind her who looked to be about my age: Yeah, I suddenly need some beer.
            Young man behind him who looked to be about 18: I'll just go and put this beer back, I, uh, forgot my ID.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
              Young man behind him who looked to be about 18: I'll just go and put this beer back, I, uh, forgot my ID.
              I guess he picked the wrong lane to get in.

Comment

I once carded someone who turned out to be 37. He was a few inches shorter than me, and I'm 5'5", and he had a beard, so I couldn't tell how old he was. This was back in the mid 1980s before the rules got so stringent. He told me he'd just turned 37 and had been feeling like he was getting old, so being carded made his day. He walked out with a big smile on his face. Through the door I could see him telling a friend waiting for him in his truck, and the friend suddenly cracked up laughing. Glad I made them happy.

Comment

I'm not getting carded anymore. General rule around here is anyone who looks under 40 gets carded. In 36. Makes me depressed. . Though I have had coworkers think I am in my late 20s, so there's that.
                  "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I haven't been carded in many years, but people consistently guess my age to be late 20s... I turned 40 this year.
                    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

I haven't been carded in forever.

I don't think I'm vain, but this hurts my feelings.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I turned 21 while I was studying in a country that had a legal drinking age of 18, but when I returned to my university in a small college town and went to a bar for the first time upon my return, I was very surprised to not be carded, especially as everyone else in my party was carded. That was pretty much how it went when I was younger. These days (I'm now in my mid-40's), I'm only carded at a store where they card everyone, including people who are clearly senior citizens. I've accepted that I may be young at heart, but I'm old in face.

Comment

I was out to breakfast yesterday with my mom, my sister, and one of my brothers. My mom and sister order alcohol. My 32-year-old sister still got carded.
                          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

When I was a "check out dude" back in college, the rule here was if they look 25 or under, ask for ID. Had two women come through my line once and I dutifully asked for ID. They laughed and asked me how old I thought they were.
                            After my brain finished its Ackbar moment of "Woman asking how old you think they are, ITS A TRAP!", I replied "24... 23ish?"
                            They laughed again and told me I was their new best friend, they were 26 and 27. XD

Becks, to make you feel better - this forum has a age requirement of 21 or over (under no authority what so ever XD) - Can I please see your ID? :P

As for me being carded, I wasn't getting carded when I was under-age. Even at the strip-bar that one time. Got past the age and got carded a few times, then never again. Must be the beard or handlebar Mo I always have.
                            "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                            Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
                              When I was a "check out dude" back in college, the rule here was if they look 25 or under, ask for ID. Had two women come through my line once and I dutifully asked for ID. They laughed and asked me how old I thought they were.
                              After my brain finished its Ackbar moment of "Woman asking how old you think they are, ITS A TRAP!", I replied "24... 23ish?"
                              They laughed again and told me I was their new best friend, they were 26 and 27. XD
                              Wait... two young women, pleased to be mistaken for a whopping 3-4 years younger than reality? I could see it if they were, say, 46 and 47...
                              Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                              OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                              she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                              Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
                                Becks, to make you feel better - this forum has a age requirement of 21 or over (under no authority what so ever XD) - Can I please see your ID? :P
                                Sure can.
                                Unseen but seeing
                                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                                3rd shift needs love, too
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X