This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free peep show!

Monday night was going great...then this happened.

A visibly intoxicated man came in to the Restuarant at the peak dinner hour wanting an application for employment. He asked for a job as a dishwasher, I told him I didn't know what exactly we were hiring for, but he could turn it in anyway because we keep applications on file. My answer (of course) wasn't good enough. He had to speak to our manager, S.

So S appears from his office, and proceeds to tell the man the same thing. The guy nods and leaves. I head to the back for more time with the milkshake machine, since I still had a drink order to finish preparing.

The milkshake blender is close to the back door where the employees enter and exit...they aren't exactly soundproof either. This is relevant in that over the sound of the milkshake machine, I hear a commotion coming from the back. I figured somebody had dropped something, but no such luck...

Apparently, the drunken man had decided our answer wasn't good enough, and had walked through the Restuarant's front lobby, through the smoking section, and into the back door to where the baker's station was at. The dishwasher had panicked and led him back out to the front, worried he was going to attack her.

Oh wait....it gets even more fantastical.

Flash foward five minutes or so. The same drunken man is now outside, on the bench in front of the Restuarant, completely passed out. L, the graveyard cook, is outside on a smoke break, and has her camera phone out to take pictures. He is so drunk that his hat falls off and he didn't even notice. L even pokes him, but he doesn't stir. So L comes back inside and calls the police, telling them there's a drunken asshole outside our doors scaring customers away.

Meanwhile, several customers have come up to me to complain about the man. Like it's my fault he's still there! I spent a good chunk of time reassuring them that we had called the cops, and they were on their way. That seemed to placiate everyone for a bit....

However, the silence lasted too long. A woman comes rushing inside, nearly shouting, "He's peeing himself! He pulled it out in front of children! You need to call the police!"

Me: "I know ma'am, the police are on their way. I am so sorry that this happened..." (keep in mind I am absolutely mortified at this point....)

So poor S heads outside to tell this guy to put it away...only to discover him passed out again. Wow. I give him points for his ability to fall asleep after peeing himself in public. That's gutsy.

S comes tearing inside and calls the police, this time giving him a piece of his mind. He was not happy that this was happening and the police still hadn't bothered to show up in the last 45 minutes.

Flash foward another ten minutes....Drunk Guy abruptly stands up and decides to stumble away....only to fall into the middle of the street. S starts yelling at him to stand up...but it's obvious it isn't helping.

Mercifully, the cops decide to pull up at that moment. They immediately cuff Drunk Guy and put his smelly, pee coated self into the back of their car. Crisis everted, thankfully.

We just had to keep telling the customers as they left, "thanks for staying through our free floor show. if we hire him, he'll be back on Saturday night."

Worst part; I think the Restuarant might hire him anyway. Please oh please...nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......
    check out my new blog!!!!

http://pitofdespairblog.blogspot.com/

feel free to comment/send me the links to your blog!

Is S the manager?

Quoth cloudiko View Post
    Worst part; I think the Restuarant might hire him anyway. Please oh please...nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......
    Even if you are a chain, if S is the manager I can't see him keeping a the job for long. And if you are not a chain why would S hire him?

Comment

Working...
    X