Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find a lot of Lucky Brand jeans at TJ Maxx. Even at their slashed prices I still won't buy them.

And $80 for a pair of jeans is actually the Buckle's low end.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      coprorate
      You did that on purpose. Didn't you.

Comment

HAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!

Oh, man, I just did a double take on that and I about peed on myself.

Comment

I hate getting bombarded when I walk into a store to look around. Which is why I refused to do that when I still worked at The Bullseye. During my last few months there, my lead that took over in electronics was a stickler for us getting out there and asking Every. Single. Person in the electronics/entertainment area whether they needed help. Um... no. Just no. For one thing, I never went over to books unless I was putting stuff away or specifically got asked a question, because it was the section that was furthest away from the counter and there were no call buttons over there, and heaven forbid if a call button went off (seriously, what were they there for, then). So, I stuck around the area that had six fucking call buttons to cover my ass on that. Second, I refused to wander around and ask people if they need help when they obviously didn't need help. If I wasn't sure, I would ask. If they were obviously just browsing and having a grand old time being left alone, I left them alone. And I figured that if someone needed help, they could come ask me. It's not like I was hiding down an aisle all the time; I made sure I was very visible so people could come to me if they needed my assistance, and I wandered around like I was supposed to, I just didn't feel the need to make conversation with everyone there. I didn't work on commission, why the hell should I act like I do?

Don't even get me started on some of those vultures. I stopped going into a furniture/appliance store because of that. When my husband and I were checking out prices on coffee tables, we made the mistake of going into that store and those people would not leave us the hell alone! We saw a couple of tables that looked nice, but never ended up going back because we couldn't handle being stalked.
          "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
            You did that on purpose. Didn't you.
            No, it's a typo. I don't even get the joke.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              No, it's a typo. I don't even get the joke.
              "copro--" == prefix denoting "shit". e.g. "coprolith" = hardened lump of feces that gets lodged in the intestine; "coprolalia" = irresistible urge to speak obscenity, such as is seen in Tourette's syndrome. Derived from Greek "kopros", meaning dung.

Now you see why I figured you did it deliberately?

Comment

"coprorate" is my new favorite word.

It NEEDS to be a real word.

As far as I am concerned, it is a real word.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                  "copro--" == prefix denoting "shit". e.g. "coprolith" = hardened lump of feces that gets lodged in the intestine; "coprolalia" = irresistible urge to speak obscenity, such as is seen in Tourette's syndrome. Derived from Greek "kopros", meaning dung.

Now you see why I figured you did it deliberately?
                  Wow, my single greatest moment of win I'll ever have in my life and it was completely by accident.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

That's the absolute best kind of win, my friend.

Comment

Yep, totally.
                      "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                      - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Working...
                      X