Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i've got one (scratch that... TWO) from a week or 2 ago... (and they happened on the SAME DAY)

sucktomer number one!: we run a wagon ride for the kids every night... kind of a hay ride, without the hay... anyways, this day a SC had parked his car a little close to the road, and we couldn't get the wagon through, so we asked nicely if he would move his car a little. so he proceeds to back his own car into a tree, and then gets mad at us, trying to say it's our fault somehow. not only did he back his own car into our tree by himself, we also have a little disclaimer on our receipts that i've read so many times i have it memorized now... "I agree management assumes no responsibility for accidents, injuries, or loss of any kind."

sucktomer number TWO: i don't remember the details on this one, so i have NO idea how this happened, but one of the kids playing in the playground managed to get a paint chip up under their big toenail somehow. i remember even at the time it happened all of us in the office were standing around going "how the f***???" anyways, they take the kid to the hospital, and turns out they need to take the poor kid's whole toenail off to get the chip of paint out. we felt sorry for the kid, cuz that sucked and all... but "I agree management assumes no responsibility for accidents, injuries, or loss of any kind." the parents were REALLY displeased when we pointed out that we weren't covering their hospital bill, and why. oh well.

Comment

I agree management assumes no responsibility for accidents, injuries, or loss of any kind."

actually that doesn't prevent you from being sued in every case. If say you were to drive at him with that wagon and he had to swerve to miss you or risk crashing, you would actually be liable because its gross neglience on your part. But yeah I assume you were stopped while you watched him back into a tree then its all on him.

We used to get the I'll sue even when I worked at Disney. I can not tell you how many people would say " This is the happiest place on earth and I am NOt F*KING Happy what are YOU gonna do about it? ( Give you a map to california buddy. Since those are the ones who claim that shit. )

Anyway we used to get threatened to be sued for luggage that was lost by the airlines (not our fault obviously) or sued because they needed their medicine which was in the packed bags which were lost. or they wanted us to pay for their new medicines or replace whatever was in their bags.

Disney has a pharmacy they use but they do NOT accept insurance and its fricking crazy expensive. I remember a diabetic lady lost her insulin. I have NO idea how much it costs regularly but for a five day setup they wanted 250 bucks.

Disney also has a policy that we do not replace obviously luggage that someone else lost. We will if you are nice get you a toothbrush, deodorant, toothpaste, shampoo, soap etc from the gift shop and maybe if you are really nice or down and out we might MIGHT get you either a change of clothes or a fresh shirt pjs/ whatever.

I remember one specfic instance where a guy decided he wanted to use our hotel check in for the airport. The rule is 2 hours. You have to check in no less than 1 hour early. Airport was maybe 25 minutes away give or take. This guy had a 530 am flight. And he wanted the clerk who does not even open til 5 am to check him in. No dice. at that point he needs to get to the airport and junk. First off the check in is ran by someone from the airlines or airport. Its not a disney employee and disney people aren't trained for that. So yelling at the front desk to open the airport check in will get you no where. So instead of taking a cab or getting on the shuttle to get to the airport, he decided to wait. yes thats right he missed his bus ON PURPOSE to wait for the airport checkin at the hotel instead of going to the airport.

All we could do was watch and wait for fireworks. And there were fireworks. Dumbass started yelling at the clerk the minute she got to her station and then proceeded to get violent. When she told the front desk to call the police, we obliged. He saw us pick up a phone and literally RAN and jumped the desk. We got into the office locked the door and called. All the while he was pounding away.

Hauled off by Disney PD first. Who then turned him over to the police. Who took him to the airport. Except by that time the clerk had called the airlines and told them what had happened. Douchebag was banned from the airline. His family was supposedly allowed to board without him but he was told in no uncertain terms he was not welcome and told to find other means to get home. No refund or anything. They flagged him in the system as hostile and the sister carriers refused to carry him either. I know because he tried to come back and tell us he was gonna sue us for the costs of having to book on another airline at another airport for 3x the cost. And yada yada. He was banned from Disney property so while he ranted at the front desk, Disney PD came back and hauled him off to jail for trespassing.

Then you have the people who threaten to sue cause their keys don't work, they got caught having sex in the bushes, in the pool and were made to leave etc.

Comment

well yeah, if we accidentally hit his parked car with the wagon (which is what i thought had happened at first... i LOLed when i found out the actual details) or we run him off the road with the wagon or something it's our fault. but in this case the wagon driver sat there patiently with his wagon load of screaming kids waiting for said SC to back up his car.

for the rest of the evening, when we didn't have any customers, we cracked jokes in the office about counter-sueing him with a bill from a tree doctor for damage he caused to our tree

Comment

This person didn't threaten to sue, but she said we were doing something illegal... Back when I was at the roofing company, I hear the boss answer a call (he likes to talk to people, and would rather I spent my time on paperwork) and hear is his side of the conversation.

"So we can come out Wednesday to do the estimate. What's your name? *pause* Okay, I have your address, what's your name? *pause* I do need your name. Yes. Well, do you own the house, or is it a rental? How about this, who do you want the estimate written out to? I DO need name." He hangs up at this point. He's shaking his head about it when she calls back. "No, we aren't going to be out on Wednesday without a name, and at this point even with a name we won't come out. No, it's not illegal to refuse service, goodbye."

*sigh* I think it's only illegal if we're discriminating, and why would she be okay with us on her roof, but not with her first or last name? Also, lots of people call for other people if that was her concern. Maybe on behalf of an elderly parent. So she could say "I'm Jane calling for my mother Judy." That's fine. No name at all? Not fine.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth cleorose View Post
            I can not tell you how many people would say " This is the happiest place on earth and I am NOt F*KING Happy what are YOU gonna do about it?
            Those people probably woke up feeling Sleepy and Grumpy - with the other 4 watching.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I got threatened with lawsuits so often, I just let them roll off my back.

Waited 3 hours in the ER for your cut finger? Want to sue? Good luck with that. We take life threatening issues first.

Called 911 from the waiting room because you were so impatient? Oh, you're going to sue because the paramedics won't drive you around the corner of the building to the ambulance bay? Good luck with that.

Got tossed from a patient room because you were being disruptive, and now you're going to sue? Good luck with that.

Mad because you want to charge your non-work related injury to Workman's Compensation? Oh, you want to sue? Yeah, good luck with that.

Good luck with that was my catch phrase when I was an ER nurse
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                Those people probably woke up feeling Sleepy and Grumpy - with the other 4 watching.
                There's seven dwarfs.

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
                  There's seven dwarfs.
                  Sleepy isn't up yet.

Darn, that didn't sound half as dirty when I thought of it.
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
                    There's seven dwarfs.
                    Yep. Happy (who, according to the post I was replying to, wasn't involved with the complainant), Sleepy, Grumpy, and the 4 who were watching.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                      Ugh, these types of accidents are the worst. Doesn't matter what you dropped, you'll be finding splatters and possibly bits of glass for days/weeks to come. I'm still finding splatters from a whoopsie from nearly two weeks ago. I thought I cleaned up everything, but it's amazing just how FAR those splatters go!
                      Try a full gallon container of open salad dressing with the lid off. Said Sever dropped it straight down and it erupted like a volcano lava plume. Yes the dressing went EVERYWHERE including the ceiling where most of the "damage" landed.
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

My personal favorite was when I was vacuuming our foyer. SC came in & I pointed to the cord, telling her "Don't trip on the cord." Naturally, she pretended to trip &"caught" herself by putting her hand against the wall. Cue the DRAMA. "OMG, you made me trip! I'm going to sue the store and you personally. I'll have your job!" So I pointed to the camera & told her, "See that camera? It recorded me pointing to the cord. It also recorded you allegedly tripping. Have a nice day."

Naturally, she reported me for being "rude." Having an awesomely wonderful Assistant Store Mgr, he asked me about it & I told him what happened & that she was full of shit. He pulled up the video, laughed his ass off & burned it to a CD, just in case. Amazingly, she never sued.
                        Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

Comment

Quoth cleorose View Post
                          * Disney PD came back and hauled him off to jail for trespassing.

Is it wrong that I imediatly imagined Micky Mouse in a Police uniform, complete with large ears and, surprisingly effective, over-sized handcuffs?

Now I am imagining Micky Mouse laughing and giggling as he wreasle the suspect, then pulling out an ACME co. TAZER. With cartoon lightning bolts coming out.

All joking aside, I am glad you were OK.
                          I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Hospital lawsuite

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                            I got threatened with lawsuits so often, I just let them roll off my back.

Waited 3 hours in the ER for your cut finger? Want to sue? Good luck with that. We take life threatening issues first.

Called 911 from the waiting room because you were so impatient? Oh, you're going to sue because the paramedics won't drive you around the corner of the building to the ambulance bay? Good luck with that.

Good luck with that was my catch phrase when I was an ER nurse
                            I am in the stroke unit, because I had a minor stroke on Saturday morning. I had to crawl on the floor to get to the phone to get 911.

They came.

While waiting in the Emergency room to be assigned a bedroom (Love Canada's system - no bills for a single room) some guy started yelling at the nurses.

From the sound of his voice it was clear he could hardly breath but he was arguing with the nurses because he did not like the oxygen tube in his nostrils yet was complaining his chest was tight.

Then said it, "I am getting my lawyer and suing all of you to do it the way I want it!"

I held my breath, but I did not hear the words I wanted to hear:
                            "I am sorry, now that you have bought a lawyer into the discussion, we can do nothing to help you until your lawyer settles procedures with our lawyer, good day."

Why threaten someone who may be you remaining lifeline to living?

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                              I am in the stroke unit, because I had a minor stroke on Saturday morning. I had to crawl on the floor to get to the phone to get 911.
                              Hope you're alright.
                              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Improving

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                                Hope you're alright.
                                I seem to be improving very fast, but because of how the system works I will not have a valid driver's licence for 2-4 months. However, long it takes for them to be sure I don't have another stroke while driving on the highway.

Comment

Working...
                                X