Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No, don't put your child in danger for money you will probably lose.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mafiagodfather View Post
    ...about ten years ago an eleven year old and his friends raped a 13 year old, and the eleven year old taunted the police about how he cannot be charged because he was under 12.
    "Nyah-Nyah, can't touch me, can't touch me...."

**BLAM!!** Self-Defense!!

Sorry. But seriously, harassing cops actually is a crime in some places (I know here it's tacked onto Obstruction of Justice).

Comment

Quoth Swordsman422 View Post
      I'm 27 going on 12, so I still buy toys on occasion. ...
      *jumps on bandwagon*

*hides his Magic cards and TMNT action figures....not dolls, ACTION FIGURES*
      If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

I still buy toys too

The sickest part is that the courts give these kids back to these awful parents. I don't get it. I will never understand it and it infuriates me when I hear about it. The whole idea that children are better off with their "birth parents" is the biggest crock of crap in the world. If your birth parent is a crack whore who beats you then ANY other parent would be better - that's common sense? How does common sense elude our justice system??? Augh it just makes me so angry.

Comment

Quoth air914 View Post
          If your birth parent is a crack whore who beats you then ANY other parent would be better - that's common sense?
          Not all foster parents are any better then abusive crack whores. Some of them, while not physically abusive, are mentally abusive because they ignore the kids and give them psychological disorders, and to try and earn attention, they get into drugs, sex, alcohol, theft, petty crimes, gangs, etc. So sometimes it's not better to put the kid in foster care. And the mom always gets custody unless the father can prove that she can't handle the kid.
          Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
          Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
          The Office

Comment

It is very sad and sick that some people love money more than they love their own children. I feel very sorry for those kids, and hope they have the strength and willpower to NOT follow their parents' ways.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
              Not all foster parents are any better then abusive crack whores. Some of them, while not physically abusive, are mentally abusive because they ignore the kids and give them psychological disorders, and to try and earn attention, they get into drugs, sex, alcohol, theft, petty crimes, gangs, etc. So sometimes it's not better to put the kid in foster care. And the mom always gets custody unless the father can prove that she can't handle the kid.
              You're right, there's bad foster parents too - they're in it for the money and not the kids. It just amazes me. It also amazes me the parents that will FIGHT for their kids - just so they can beat them and ignore them, etc. Look - if you don't want kids - DON'T have kids! And if you do and you don't want them - GIVE THEM UP to someone who does! It's just beyond my comprehension. Foster parents probably need to be checked out better too - there's just not enough people in social services to handle all of the cases......... it's just sad. I wish you did have to have a license to take your baby home from a hospital - b/c we can't keep people from having sex, but we could (theoretically) keep their baby if they seem like an unfit parent and don't take parenting classes.....

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                For shame! A grown man buying toys! <quietly hides his autobots>
                RW bought me a RC '67 Mustang for my birthday. It's a blast! Toy stores? Love them.

My whole philosophy on life is to have fun, which is why I always say I'm 37 going on 12, and that combined with my genes is probably why I am often mistaken for much younger than I am.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

There is a contingent of parents that will intentionally harm their children in order to get attention and sympathy. The behavoir pattern even has a name. Intentionally making children put themselves in danger to start a lawsuit could be a result of mental illness. Doesn't make them suck any less, but it may explain some of the evil behavoir.

Abusive parents fight for their kids for the same reason abusive spouses/boyfriends fight to keep a woman from leaving. They largely abuse in order to exert control over someone that can't (or won't) fight back. If an outside force tries to extract the abusee from the situation, that means they don't have as much control as they thought they did. But if they can get their kids back, that means they still have that control.
                  A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Quoth Tigress View Post
                    There is a contingent of parents that will intentionally harm their children in order to get attention and sympathy. The behavoir pattern even has a name.
                    1. Why does every fucking thing have to be the result of a "Syndrome"? Why can't we just call these fuckers abusive and be done with it?

2. That's attention. There's a BIG difference between "pay attention to me" and "give me cash".

Comment

Munchausen syndrome isn't about law suits, it's about parents making their kids sick in order to get sympathy for themselves. A law suit requires to much thinking to be a disorder.
                      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Aren't all guys X going on 12? Thank god I'm a girl!

<quietly slips the stuffed-animal menagerie in her car into the glove compartment, no wait, the duck can stay!>
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                          Aren't all guys X going on 12? Thank god I'm a girl!
                          No no no, we're X going on 16! Get it right!
                          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                            1. Why does every fucking thing have to be the result of a "Syndrome"? Why can't we just call these fuckers abusive and be done with it?

2. That's attention. There's a BIG difference between "pay attention to me" and "give me cash".
                            They're not tryng to excuse the behavior (there is none), they're simply tryiing to explain it. Big difference.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                              <quietly slips the stuffed-animal menagerie in her car into the glove compartment, no wait, the duck can stay!>
                              Wait... your menagerie actually will fit in your glove box?

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Estil View Post
                                They're not tryng to excuse the behavior (there is none), they're simply tryiing to explain it. Big difference.
                                There is a disorder for harming children for sympothy but it has nothing to do with a lawsuit. These parents have an illness that they want attention so badly they are wiling to make thier chidlren sick. These parents were trying to defrud the legal system. They could have some form of a disorder but their real problem is greed. People with this disorder do not want money they simiy want attention. These parents wanted money and would use their chidlren to get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X