Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That kid must get his ass kicked on a daily basis for being such a mama's boy. I don't condone bullying, but in this case the little puke deserves it.

How many of you think he'll grow up to become of those creepy basement dwellers who live their moms until the old lady dies?
    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Half of America is being raised to become creepy basement-dwellers.

That article is the same exact thing I've been preaching at the over-protective for the last decade or so.

I could write pages on how much I hate the coddling that goes on these days, but this is not the place.

But that kid who called his mom to have her bitch out the clerk is exactly why we need to let kids get hurt so they know how to avoid it, and more importantly, why.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

There is this little thing called layaway . . . I get asked numerous times if an item can just be "held," that's when I say "nope, but you can put it on layaway." Basically, we have a small register area, I don't want my co-workers tripping over the item for the next six hours. Nine times out of ten, people don't even come back for the item anyway. . .
        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

actually alot of places even walmart are getting rid of the layaway option. belive me i have tried to put a new puter on layaway because i need one so badly and i cant get a credit card for some reason (not that i want one) at this point im gonna have to get a loan from the bank to get a new puter before this one dies. (puter is about 9 years old still runs 98se and is corrupted to the point that i cant use my usb ports at all, im lucky that i can use my burner)

anyway yah there is a difference between i need money for something needed mommy please help me and whaaaaaaa i cant put this on hold so that gramps can get it for me so i can be like my best friend.
          "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

The rule should be holds only on paid items. Especially something as high-demand as a game console.

By holding the thing for somebody who ultimately did not purchase it, BB lost sales to the competitors when the customers went their to purchase their consoles.

But that's customer service for you.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

lost sales because of non holds is one thing but the elimination of the layaway option is a bit hard to deal with. when you put something on layaway you put money down on it usually about 25% i think, and then you sign a contract that says you have to make the payments by a certain time and pay it off by a certain time, if you dont make the contract you get a cancellation fee and the item goes back to stock.

for people who cant get a credit card or do not want one, its hard to buy big ticket items at once, and be able to take advantage of sales.
              "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Him getting his mother to talk to you was well, different, LOL! But I could understand him asking you to hold it for him. I know some stores will do that, clothing stores in particular will sometimes hold something for one or two days.

Comment

Has Wal-Mart really done away with layaway service? I've heard they were getting rid of it, but there is still a layaway desk at the Wal-Marts where I live. That would suck.
                  The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
                    Has Wal-Mart really done away with layaway service?

One of the ones by me (I live between 2) is using gift cards as the excuse to get rid of the lawaway area.
                    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Okay, gift cards are fine. However, that doesn't help if you haven't already been stashing money away to buy a big-ticket item like a computer. It might be here today, but it could be gone tomorrow unless it can be put on layaway. I know I have to creatively budget my money when it comes to making big purchases. I can't just pull a big wad of cash out of my pockets or piggy bank.
                      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
                        Has Wal-Mart really done away with layaway service? I've heard they were getting rid of it, but there is still a layaway desk at the Wal-Marts where I live. That would suck.
                        I think so. At my store the layaway area stayed as it was after the company got rid of layaway. There was still the big "layaway" sign over it, so people got confused.

We used it as a storage area until it got remodeled into a walk-in clinic.

K-Mart is about the only discount store I'm aware of that still has layaway.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Cut the freakin' umbillical cord already, kid. Perhaps his testes never dropped?

I see this with older "kids" (read 19 yrs-26 yrs old...sometimes older) at work all the time. Irks me to hell when I deal with them and they are being babies about everything. Even worse when they bring mummy and/or daddy in with them to do all the dirty work.

*walks away grumbling.....*
                          -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                          -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Cut the freakin' umbillical cord already, kid.
                            There's no happy medium in parenting anymore. People either coddle their kids to death or they freakin' neglect them.

By the way, BusBus, I love your avatar!!
                            "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Quoth BusBus View Post
                              Cut the freakin' umbillical cord already, kid. Perhaps his testes never dropped?
                              It's not really the kid's fault. Obviously mommy has micromanaged his entire life and robbed him of developing any sort of initiative or spine.

My ex was one of those kids, actually. His mom did everything for him until he turned 18, when he was supposed to suddenly start doing everything for himself with the skill set she never let him develop.

That woman has got to be one of the most clinging, passive-aggressive, self-martyring woman I have ever had the misfortune to spend time with. The woman had a bad back, but rather than have her out-of-work, boozing husband do any cleaning, she did it all herself. I think it was just so she could whine and pity herself later on when she was in pain.

It's people like her churning out these pathetic, useless, wimpy kids that then go on to make the rest of us regret it.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                                One of the ones by me (I live between 2) is using gift cards as the excuse to get rid of the lawaway area.
                                I don't get it.

Deanna, I love your avatar!!!! :swoon:
                                Unseen but seeing
                                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                                3rd shift needs love, too
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X