This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Skunk in the Orange Apron

This was told to me by my DM, several coworkers, and overheard by some OA employees.

Apparently a skunk decided to come visit inside of OA. It didn't come through garden though (where I was working), it came through the front door. And what do some of the OA employees do?

They went after it.

With a forklift.

Soooo as I'm sure ya'll can imagin, the skunk wasn't happy. It sprayed TWICE. Some of my coworkers said the smell was so bad that they ended up choking and having tears running down their face.

But we had to continoue counting anyways.

The best part? My DM fled from that side of the building and stayed on my flow's side the rest of the day. Poor N's flow and part of Overhead flow was stuck with the skunk smell.

*falls over laughing*

I'm sorry but how stupid can one be to chase a skunk with a forklift? Those on the forklift got exactly what they deserved.

Comment

I question the wisdom of chasing off a badger with a broom, but at least the badger can't bite you with the broom in between.

With a skunk, I wouldn't know the right way to chase it off, just because of the possibility of being sprayed.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

You call animal control, thats the right way.

You could even try herding it back towards the door. The skunk only sprays as a last resort, if you were calm and quiet you might be able to get it to go. If not be ready to run if it gets ready to spray.

Comment

Quoth elsporko View Post
          The skunk only sprays as a last resort, if you were calm and quiet you might be able to get it to go. If not be ready to run if it gets ready to spray.
          and you get warning-they actually stomp their little skunky feet before spraying-it's actually quite adorable.....
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I'd recommend seeing if anyone has any berries (rasp,straw, blue) crush em a bit so you get the scent, and lay a nice little trail out of the store. Skunks are omnivorous, and they do like berries

Comment

this is one seriously pissed off skunk ... if you see them fluff up the tail, and get bouncy and make a hissy sound, leave them the hell alone or get ready to stink.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                and you get warning-they actually stomp their little skunky feet before spraying-it's actually quite adorable.....
                You can go "Ooooh! Cute!" ... I'll beat feet!
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

They tried to battle a skunk with a forklift? Balls or abject stupidity. Maybe both.

I would not go up against a skunk with a tank and a heat seeking missle while wearing a spacesuit.

Little suckers are the most feared creature in the universe.

Comment

Happened to my mom when she was little.
                    Apparently, she walked into the kitchen where my grandmother was cooking, and started talking about this cute kitty she had found and brought home. She wanted to keep it.

My grandmother turned, got one look at the 'kitty', shrieked, and my mom got a tomato juice bath later.

I'd love to have one descented as a pet. Just to mess with people. Keep it inside away from aggressive animals of course, but the reactions would be priceless.
                    Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
                    Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

There are clubs and shows for Skunks. There are differant colors than the black and white.
                      "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                        *falls over laughing*

I'm sorry but how stupid can one be to chase a skunk with a forklift? Those on the forklift got exactly what they deserved.
                        Reminds me of a story of my Grandad during WW2 when he was in Africa in the 7th Armoured Division (Desert Rats) he had to be physically held back by his CO cause he wanted to jump in his tank and run over a massive spider he'd seen.

He really didn't like spiders
                        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                          *falls over laughing*

the mental image of this tiny little skunk being chased with a forklift also had me laughing. AT 1 in the morning. (Australian Central Standard Time)

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          You can go "Ooooh! Cute!" ... I'll beat feet!
                          And whenever I see a cane toad I'll do the exact same thing!
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Wow, there is someone dumber than Mo (my former coworker) out there!

I had a thread about this a year or more ago, but we had a huge issue for several weeks at work with a skunk getting way too close to our smoking areas because people fed it, along with wild turkeys. The skunk was a bigger issue, though, as a few times, he'd get so close people would just throw their smoke and run inside.

Idiot Mo, multiple times, would whip out her cell phone and try to take pictures of it as close as she could get to it, while everyone else was slowly creeping away from the skunk as it started getting into the gazebo.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                              Reminds me of a story of my Grandad during WW2 when he was in Africa in the 7th Armoured Division (Desert Rats) he had to be physically held back by his CO cause he wanted to jump in his tank and run over a massive spider he'd seen.

He really didn't like spiders
                              Perfectly understandable.

Skunk story: Friends of mine have a shed in their backyard where they keep lawn equipment, barbecue accessories, etc. There were stray cats hanging around once and they would leave some food and water in the shed for the cats, with the door propped open. One day one of my friends went into the shed for something and noticed a (he thought) black & white cat eating the food. Then he got a better look at it, and yes of course it was a skunk. He backed out very carefully and left it alone!
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X