X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the Saddle Again

First day on the new job. I think I'm gonna like it here. ^^

First, I'm only working with 2 people: Bossman, and L who I'll get my assignments and training from. Both are super-nice and we are all the same way about eating: if we don't get food, all Hell breaks loose.

So everyone can have snacks. ^^

I got to do some Accounts Payable spreadsheets with L looking over my shoulder just to make sure I didn't mess up. Which I didn't.

It's not a perfect gig, sure. Only part time right now, but that should change by January. I get to learn Quickbooks and do Payroll, which were two things that kept me from finding a job sooner. More than makes up for the half-hours.

Also, I can afford things like food, comics, and self-respect again.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
    Also, I can afford things like food, comics, and self-respect again.
    All very important, though not neccesarily in that order.

Congrats on the job.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
      I get to learn Quickbooks and do Payroll, which were two things that kept me from finding a job sooner.
      Quickbooks is easy. You have it made now! You'll grasp the program rather quickly and will be just fine. Congrats on the new job.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
        All very important, though not neccesarily in that order.

Congrats on the job.
        True. Comics should be first.

Quoth Luna Baby View Post
        Quickbooks is easy. You have it made now! You'll grasp the program rather quickly and will be just fine. Congrats on the new job.
        Thankies. ^^ I got trained on 3 methods of Payroll today. It's a cinch.
        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Yeah, QB isn't too hard. I do tech support for it (I don't work FOR them, tho) for a living. If you get stuck on it or it starts acting up on you, drop me a PM ^_^...As long as it's not payroll-related or an actual "you should be asking a CPA this" question

Ditto anyone else who needs a hand. I can't promise I can respond immediately, but I do usually check the boards daily.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
          X