This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EricKei View Post
    AK - Not sure what the proper legal term is, but maybe your lawyer could look into requesting that the sentences be served simultaneously (as opposed to consecutively)...?
    Do you mean concurrently?
    Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

The woman deserves to have everything she did made public - the pain she caused you, the pain she caused the orphaned foals, the pain and suffering she caused the mare and how her actions put the animal's lives in danger and how it ultimately lead to the mare's death.

She deserves to pay the highest fines possible and to serve the prison sentences consecutively.
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

AS - Yes! That's the word I was thinking of. Thanks
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
          The woman deserves to have everything she did made public - the pain she caused you, the pain she caused the orphaned foals, the pain and suffering she caused the mare and how her actions put the animal's lives in danger and how it ultimately lead to the mare's death.

She deserves to pay the highest fines possible and to serve the prison sentences consecutively.
          I certainly hope her story is publicized, if for no other reason than to warn off anybody else whom she might approach down the road (once she's out of jail) to sell her anything other than a pet rock.

I just read the updates now. I am so very sorry for your loss, and I am sorry for the mare and what she went through. As you say, at least she is at peace now, and nobody can harass her ever again.
          Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Pix - Agreed, but maybe hold off for a while. An overwhelming amount of publicity could result in a judge throwing the case out because it's hard/impossible to get an unbiased jury, or her attorney could seize on the precise wording of things said in the media. Maybe wait until the case is done, save up all of the info, and THEN release it if the case is not sealed by the Court.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

I don't get the reference for lemon chunks as a doggie deterrent, but the funny thing is it works. Some breeds, at least, HATE the smell of citrus. It also really works on cats. A few lime wedges around the base of a Christmas tree and kitties won't go near it.
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Fun fact: The "no shock" versions of bark training/invisible fence collars spray a citrus fragrance along the dog's lower jaw as the "consequence of your action".
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Fun fact: The "no shock" versions of bark training/invisible fence collars spray a citrus fragrance along the dog's lower jaw as the "consequence of your action".
                  Guess that elemonates the problem. Especially if it's an IoT thingy. Unless it's fruity, then it iLimonates it.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                    I don't get the reference for lemon chunks as a doggie deterrent, but the funny thing is it works. Some breeds, at least, HATE the smell of citrus. It also really works on cats. A few lime wedges around the base of a Christmas tree and kitties won't go near it.
                    Cats hate citrus. This is why I was totally baffled by the existence of citrus-scented cat litter.
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Pix - Agreed, but maybe hold off for a while. An overwhelming amount of publicity could result in a judge throwing the case out because it's hard/impossible to get an unbiased jury, or her attorney could seize on the precise wording of things said in the media. Maybe wait until the case is done, save up all of the info, and THEN release it if the case is not sealed by the Court.
                      Ugh ... I should've remembered that, having been a newspaper reporter who covered court for nearly a decade!

Yes, let's hope THE TRIAL is widely publicized. Definitely pre-trial publicity by anybody involved in the case would be a bad thing.
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Yup. You know how it works as well as I do (former tech dude at a small-town paper) -- If in doubt as to whether or not to break a story like this one, wait for someone else to break it first and see if it stirs up any trouble. Then, if needed, quote and cite them before providing your own evidence/info. ^_^

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
                          Yup. You know how it works as well as I do (former tech dude at a small-town paper) -- If in doubt as to whether or not to break a story like this one, wait for someone else to break it first and see if it stirs up any trouble. Then, if needed, quote and cite them before providing your own evidence/info. ^_^
                          Yep. And if there's any screaming about being "scooped", the screamer should remember the cost of being scooped versus the cost of a lawsuit ...
                          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                            Ugh ... I should've remembered that, having been a newspaper reporter who covered court for nearly a decade!

Yes, let's hope THE TRIAL is widely publicized. Definitely pre-trial publicity by anybody involved in the case would be a bad thing.
                            Instead of tossing the case out a lot of the time the case is just moved to the next county.
                            Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

• I'm so sorry your mare passed. *offers hugs for you and lumps of sugar for the foals*

As was said earlier, I hope she's found peace. <3
                              Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 08-11-2017, 02:12 AM. Reason: caught a typo
                              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                              -----
                              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• This breaks my heart. Growing up my baby sitters' mom rescued abused and starved horses. She did it out of the goodness of her heart and used a settlement from medical malpractice to buy a ranch out in the country. When we were there they had my tiny sister to retrain the horses to carry a rider because she was light and was magical with animals. I had several broken toes from the horses stepping on my feet while I was brushing them. I just remember the horses being so innocent and needing so much reassurance. They were huge and so lost. I am so glad there are big hearted people who rescue horses.

Comment

Working...
                                X