This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it finally happened, I've been fired

If you look back at my previous posts over the last two years, you will see all the crap I've been through with the current owner.

Today the owner took my husband aside and said "So how is your wife's job search going?" He said "She's been looking". The owner said "Well her last day is Friday and she's done".

So a bit of an update on whats been going on. It's the busy season and I couldn't leave the job a few months back because we were in the process of buying the house. If I had left, we'd have lost it. Not long after moving here, I got horribly horribly sick and was sick for 3 weeks so no job hunting then. I've finally gotten to the point of looking again.

Now according to the owner, I haven't done anything wrong, but how dare I speak to the other owner and tell her that our staff has been complaining about the housekeeping supervisor because she's riding them too hard. No sooner do I do that, than the owner walks into the weekly meeting and announces that I'm going to be leaving and that's that.

This is a work at will state. We are screwed. I've seen alot of crappy bosses and behaviors in all my working years, but never ever have I been treated so badly as I have since I moved to the US. Everything in Canada looks seriously lightweight in comparison.

I am sick to death of working under someone else. Sick of it, I tell you.
    Last edited by Moirae; 03-31-2015, 11:14 PM.

That sucks. And it's even worse because I'm guessing that your husband still gets to keeps his job? Yeah, totally sucks. Sorry to hear it. But kind of not sorry because at least you won't have to deal with that place any more. So everything will sunshine and rainbows in the end!
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

That really sucks, but I have a little different view then Trixie... at least your former boss wasn't such a complete asshat that he fired your husband along with you in a general vengeful sweep. Either way, though, the whole situation sucks.

Comment

Agreed, the situation sucks. OTOH your boss just shot himself in the foot, where else is he going to find someone as knowledgeable and hard-working?

Best of luck to you!

Comment

After reading your posts, I am seeing this as positive. Your job sounds like my last one..absolutely soul sucking. Good luck finding a new, and better job!

Comment

That sucks. I hope you find a better job where they actually appreciate you. Good luck on the hunt!
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
              Today the owner took my husband aside and said "So how is your wife's job search going?" He said "She's been looking". The owner said "Well her last day is Friday and she's done".

than the owner walks into the weekly meeting and announces that I'm going to be leaving and that's that.
              What a coward
              Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
              Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

grem, you want to know coward? He couldn't even fire me himself, he made my husband do it.

Comment

He probably thought you wouldn't be able to guilt trip your husband, but you'd turn on the waterworks and guilt trips for him.

Frankly, after having read so many of your posts, I suggest unemployment and look for a job that really wants to keep you.
                  If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Agreed, from your earlier posts on this nonsense, it sounds like Sucky owner did you a favor by canning you.
                    Do put in for unemployment (and don't forget the withholding) and look for something better. They'll miss you at your old location, sooner or later.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                    X