Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 01-07-2019, 10:56 PM
Cashier

Sounds a bit like our "Reichsbürger" - people who think laws don't apply to them cause the "Federal Republic of Germany" was never really created.

They're idea is that the former ... well ... "Governments" of Germany were never really "replaced" by our actual legal state.

Of course they also don't agree among each other. Some of them think the Nazis where never really shut down. Other think the Weimar Constitution ist still the "right" law. And some even argument the German Empire is still at work.
And of course - each of them thinks he is the "head" of "their" countrys.

Sometimes they create their own Passports, Driving-Licences e.t.c. and proclaim they are valid. Some people buy these documents, for example people who are not allowed do own a driving license anymore.
And of course they think they don't have to pay taxes to the "fake Government" currently running our Country. (Of course they have to )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichsb%C3%BCrgerbewegung

Old 01-08-2019, 01:11 AM
Et tu, Pixie?

Just a heads-up, we're keeping an eye on this thread. Y'all been doing just fine so far so please don't let it go downhill.

Thanks!

<tips his mod hat>
"I don’t know what English did to you or your family, but I cannot in good conscience sit here and watch you do this to it. You sir, are a monster." ~ Gravekeeper

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon

Old 01-08-2019, 03:57 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth Smapti View Post
There's a Court decision from Canada a few years back, Meads v. Meads, where a man in the midst of a divorce was trying to use these "corporate person" arguments to get out of paying alimony or something of that nature. The judge uses the case as a springboard to catalogue as many of their arguments as he could find and elaborate on why they're all nonsense.

It's an interesting read if you have an hour or two to spare.
Thanks, I will check that out. I'd love to access this "secret stash" for sure.

I don't understand why people want to believe that a government would go through all the folderol of setting up these secret accounts and dumping money into them, only to play silly buggers with the populace so that said populace can access this money.

Had a former classmate invite me to let her help me (translate: hire her, would be my guess) find "lost" money. Don't know whether it was this nonsense or actual monies from actual bank accounts that I'd forgotten about. In any case, I declined. I have checked with some reputable sites that really do look for forgotten bank accounts and such; my name, alas, is not on any of them.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:37 AM
I'm not bitter. I'm informed.

I recall a thing we ran into at work, where some state offices were part of something called the [State] Master Account. Apparently it was some sort of accounts payable system that SOME (read: very few) state offices used to pay bills, including for things like recruitment ads.

So we ran into this problem where certain accounts would say, "Oh, we're part of the [State] Master Account, you have to bill them," and, well, not only was it a very complicated system, it turned out that a LOT of them weren't actually part of that system. They might have been in the past, but no longer were, I think. I'm fuzzy on the details.

It wasn't a scam, but I lot of people did try to use it to get us to bill someone else for their advertising, and getting any money out of that "master account" was a major PITA. So we were told to tell such offices that we did not work with the "master account" system and would be billing them directly

Old 01-08-2019, 06:31 AM
Car Snatcher

Governments also have financial arms, with tax IDs and such, but that's because they need to have them so Federal employees can get W2's and companies that contract with the Government can get paid/recipts for what they do, from the guy who sweeps out the tiniest rural Post Office up to Lockheed Martin aircraft for building fighter planes....

The koo=koos just look at that as "proof" the govt. is really just a buisiness/bank/tax scam because "It has a tax ID! It's no different than YOUR employer who has one toO!"

Old 01-08-2019, 12:37 PM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth notalwaysright View Post
I mean, we all want to pay less for stuff, but mostly we know when something is too good to be true. I wonder, really wonder, about people who believe click bait. There's some age where kids learn what a lie is, I can't remember what age but it's young, and these people never got there apparently?
That kind of reality-testing is something where different people have different levels of talent... and then you get into school, which enforces class-based standards who who gets to develop that talent,

The very best schools will be trying to teach rational evaluation to all their students (along with various other skills such as self-discipline and courtesy). The next tier will be trying to teach these things to the "good" students, that is the ones with natural talent and/or in-home backup for learning them. The majority, the "gray wash" of schools with limited (public) funding, will (like the rest of the world) reward those students who do learn such things, but won't do much for teaching them, except where exceptional teachers happen to pop up. That's where most of your SC's are coming from....

And then you get to the "black hole" schools, whose real goals have little to do with education. Those will actively punish students who are "insubordinate" (standing up against abuse), or "fail to obey authority" (when they spot the double binds set up for them). Part of their purpose is to methodically train students in unquestioning subservience to authority, and to officially taint ("discipline problem", arrest record, no diploma for you) any student who "fails" that training. Teaching those kids to recognize and effectively deal with the systems set up against them... is not in the program. This is where a lot of your Stupidest Criminals come from -- the ones who got driven out of the education market, especially cut off from anything that could have helped them get ahead in life or deal effectively with hostile authorities.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:45 PM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

I'm not sure I agree with your summary there, but I am pretty certain that we are headed rapidly in the direction of Fratching.... So I think we should probably change direction promptly!

How about them Cubs?

Old 01-09-2019, 01:25 AM
Escapee

Well I was talking about like the general age at which kids come to realize that there is no Santa, that it's their parents bringing presents. That sort of thing. Santa is too good to be true, the same as a secret account, etc.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:17 AM
Et tu, Pixie?

I have already had to hide a post in here. So, yeah, this is getting close to Fratching material. As always, feel free to remake the thread there and drop a link in here.

Any more escalation and we'll be locking the thread (for starters)...
"I don’t know what English did to you or your family, but I cannot in good conscience sit here and watch you do this to it. You sir, are a monster." ~ Gravekeeper

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon

Old 01-09-2019, 06:28 AM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth Smapti View Post
There's a Court decision from Canada a few years back, Meads v. Meads, where a man in the midst of a divorce was trying to use these "corporate person" arguments to get out of paying alimony or something of that nature. The judge uses the case as a springboard to catalogue as many of their arguments as he could find and elaborate on why they're all nonsense.

It's an interesting read if you have an hour or two to spare.
I actually read that a while back via TVTropes (Under, unsurprisingly, frivolous lawsuits). It is really an epic read and highlights all the arguments really well.
The original guy who tried to use said arguments did later go back and do things properly (Wikipedia followup) - the judge had major levels of patience for the guy.

I've seen similar arguments pop up down here from time to time in Ausland. (The straw man argument not so much, but similar sovereign citizen arguments have cropped up) There was a guy who tried to use a variant of the conspiracy theory in a custody case down here (the summaries are published on the court website, with any identifying information redacted). Unsurprisingly, he lost.

There is also the Hutt River Principality - basically this conspiracy theory taken to its logical extreme. More information here