Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Um ... thanks ...
Old 01-11-2019, 02:48 AM
Area Manager

Default Um ... thanks ...

I walked in for my shift today and was heading for my locker when the woman in the payroll/human resources/whatever room came trotting down the hall after me.

"Pixelated, I think this is yours," she said, handing me what looked like a pay stub. For a horrible minute I thought I was being let go, although it occurred to me they'd not likely do that in the middle of the hallway.

"Yeah, this has been sitting around for a while; it must be from before you gave us your direct deposit information."

Yep, folks, that's right ... it was a PAYCHEQUE. An actual paper cheque. And since I started in October, the damn thing has been sitting there for what, three months now ...

OTOH, unexpected money is never a bad thing.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:48 PM
Seasonal Tax Preparer

Quote:
Quoth Pixelated View Post
it was a PAYCHEQUE. An actual paper cheque. And since I started in October, the damn thing has been sitting there for what, three months now ...
Better late than never. OTOH: how much longer 'til they would have to start paying you interest? Also, how did you miss that all this time?

Who is John Galt?
-Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Old 01-12-2019, 02:04 AM
Area Manager

I dunno about interest, but apparently after six months, the cheque becomes null and void ...

As to how I missed it, I am truly terrible with money. I think it might have been from "orientation" rather than actual work hours -- ironically, another coworker came in today having been notified of exactly the same thing ...

Old 01-14-2019, 01:39 AM
Just Peachy

When I first got hired at the Warehouse sometime ago, I was given a paper check -- something I hadn't seen since I worked at Random Craft Store in the early 2000's.

Old 01-14-2019, 02:14 AM
Assistant Manager

If multiple people are just NOW getting checks, it probably means some MiM put them some place 'safe' and promptly forgot about/buried them. At some point, someone unearthed them (or accounting had a query...) and they were rushed out.

Old 01-14-2019, 04:07 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth Buzzard View Post
If multiple people are just NOW getting checks, it probably means some MiM put them some place 'safe' and promptly forgot about/buried them. At some point, someone unearthed them (or accounting had a query...) and they were rushed out.
I think you've nailed it, consider the cheque was dated October something-or-other 2018 ...