Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 03:20 PM
Chairman of the Board

Did you have to work during the midnight launch for the XB1? If so, how did it go?

Old 11-24-2013, 07:23 PM
I need a life

I've actually been looking forward to the PS4 release date... my beloved PS3 is on it's last legs and now that the PS4 is out, it will be a lot cheaper to replace my PS3 when it finally dies
Though, really, I much prefer PC to console... the main games I play are RPGs which play better on the PC than console anyway, except for a few franchises that are only available on Playstation. And then just a few shooter games to round things out on the console, and a lot of sim/tycoon games on the PC (seriously, I've fallen behind, but at one point in time, actually about a decade ago, if it had the word sim or tycoon in the title, I owned it).

Old 11-25-2013, 03:20 AM
The Hero CS Deserves

I need to do the same -- a friend who worked (past tense, *sigh*) at a computer repair shop had me send my PS3 to him when the thing went belly-up last year (60gb launch model system). His intention was to fix it up in his spare time, for free ^_^ ... Once he was able to get it properly tested, he discovered that the motherboard had fried after all those years. He said he could get a replacement cheap enough that he wouldn't have to charge me for it...again, ROCK. Unbeknownst to me, he meant a cheap replacement system and not replacement board o_O I found out after the fact that he had done this. And told me not to worry about paying for that (yes, I offered to!). Yes, said friend is fsking AWESOME ^_^

Unfortunately, the replacement unit, with my old hard drive in it, died 2 weeks after I got it, but not before it glitched out on me and decided to "reset itself"...which apparently meant wiping a hard drive with over three years worth of game saves on it >_< I know my Ps1/Ps2 saves I had on the original unit were history when the mobo died, but this took the ps3 saves as well. Now I have a dead Ps3 on my hands and nowhere near enough spare $ to replace it with again x.x and he doesn't work at the repair shop anymore. Le Argh.
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival. ~ C. S. Lewis

"French is my favorite ... Especially to curse with ... It's like wiping your arse with silk. I love it." The Merovingian, "The Matrix: Reloaded"
"Customers are like van Gogh. They intentionally remove their ears when it suits them." TheDangOofMan, Reddit
Closed Thread

Tags
facepalm , games , gamestop