Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 01:22 AM
A/P Manager

Quote:
Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
Good for boss #2, shame on boss #1.
I think Boss #1 was laughing at the customer being rightfully told off, not at his employee being groped.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:35 AM
Heavy Metal Admin

I'm glad your bosses backed you up. A friend of mine got fired from a bar where she waitressed, after she slapped a guy who grabbed her ass.
Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Old 11-24-2013, 04:04 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
I think Boss #1 was laughing at the customer being rightfully told off, not at his employee being groped.
Quote:
Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
At least happy to know one of my bosses has my back when shit like this happens.
Not the impression I got.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:49 AM
Is not a mind reader

Try being a somewhat hot (at the time) 20-something girl and bartending part time.

UGH. I *really* need to compile all my stories from that era into a big rant/post.

At least with bartending, you expect the freaks because they have the alcohol excuse. Doesn't make it right, but it's not as shocking when it happens.

But at a record store? Jesus - that's so gross!

Old 11-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Cartooning PC Store Clerk

Quote:
Quoth KatherineB View Post
I'm afraid I would have started bending his thumb back as soon as I got hold of his hand. Self-defence and all that.
I actually did that to a (n EX) co-worker that tried to cup my boobs in a WORK MEETING *insert facepalming, mortified Shiro here* I dunno WHAT he was thinking.

I also once headbutted him (swung my head back, caught him in the brow bone) cuz despite ample warnings, he kept blowing on, touching and playing in my neck and if you're not my boyfriend you have no business existing near my neck, capisce?

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:30 PM
Mistress of the House of Books

There's a nerve bundle in the armpit.

Being a female, in the proper dance hold position, your thumb is a -very- short distance from that nerve bundle.

One of my dance teachers (yes, a male) showed me that. And told me that if I EVER have trouble with a dance partner, I am not to hesitate to use it.

It's not a likely situation to be in if you don't socially dance - but the dance position does put the female in an otherwise vulnerable pose. So if you have a lot of weddings coming up or anything like that, you might want to find a dance teacher who believes in safety....

Long story short: HELL NO, he had no right to grab you for a 'waltz' in the first place. And dancing with someone is not permission - implied or explicit - to dirty-dance with them.

Said dance teacher above could make a tango very intense, very erotic to watch, and yet very safe-feeling. I could do it with him without ever feeling like he'd go one step beyond what the dance steps themselves required. The only way he'd touch anything other than shoulder and small of the back was if I started to fall and he was catching me.
But oh boy was it fun to dance.

And THAT is what dance should be. (except when dancing with one's beloved - and even then, privacy!)
3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:49 PM
I like pie. MMM...pie.

Quote:
Quoth Seshat View Post
Said dance teacher above could make a tango very intense, very erotic to watch, and yet very safe-feeling.
I always thought the above description was the best type of dancing with the real emotions existing in the eyes and faces of the dancers.

But if the old man had gotten his fingers broken then and there, I would have had no problem with that.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Urge to kill, rising...

I hate being touched, save by certain people. And only Fiance ever touches me in private places. So that old man would have been on the floor, cuz I would probably have panicked and punched him in the face. Seriously, it frightens me when my bubble is invaded.