X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The e-mail attached to the resume I read today

BEYOTCH72 @*****.com

Last edited by Ree; 07-06-2010, 12:20 AM. Reason: Removed tag

yeah THAT will get you a job real quick!

Comment

I might have been impressed with "BEYOTCH#1", or even "YOURBEYOTCH", but "BEYOTCH72"?

I'd have to check out the qualifications of BEYOTCHes 1-71 first.
      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I know, right?

My sister works at a debt collecting company, where a lot of the accounts are product based, so they have e-mail addresses.

She's seen everything from "unicornsrsexy@*****.com" and "ilovepossay@****.com"

But for a job? Really.

Comment

Like I'm gonna hire the guy who was 72nd in line
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Insane - especially when you can get personalized gmail accounts for this kind of thing in a flash. I have one that I use for emplyment puposes only - its ONLY given out on resumes/applications - when I get emails I know its job related.
            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

I learned from a job recruiter that if they see an email address like that on a resume, they just pass. . . since it shows no professionalism.

I myself have a personal email. A older email which I use for spam (used to be my old personal one) and one of business.
              "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                Like I'm gonna hire the guy who was 72nd in line
                Right? If you're #72 obviously you have a problem being on the ball.
                Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Quoth neecy View Post
                  I have one that I use for emplyment puposes only - its ONLY given out on resumes/applications - when I get emails I know its job related.
                  Same here. I figured I needed something more professional than my Star Wars related personal account.
                  I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Not excusing it, but 72 could be the year of birth? It is mine.

There I go revealing all about myself in post number 1.

Comment

Beyotch....yeah....like that email doesn't scream toss this resume in the round bin.
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth jajwhite View Post
                        Not excusing it, but 72 could be the year of birth? It is mine.

There I go revealing all about myself in post number 1.
                        More likely he was the 72nd person to try to use that username.
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

or if it's like some email/chat systems if your name's already taken it'll spawn a list of possibilities.

i knew before i started job hunting that my email... well it's not offensive, but it's not professional either. so one of the first things i did was open another gmail account and base the email off of my own name (but shorter cos my last name is long and Polish).

i figure unless you have a really messed up last name, that's the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                          X