This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really don't think its such a big deal okay

So I haven't been around much for a few different reasons, hopefully now I will have more time to come back.

I am currently working in an office. I like it more than my past retail jobs, my "customers" are clients or staff and so I get protection from my manager if they are exceptionally nasty. My boss leaves me alone for the most part, he is far too overloaded and basically told me I could be autonomous. The pay is good, the duties are fairly easy. There is even room to move up, my boss expects me to go back to school (they pay) and move into a career path.

Why then do I hate it....the people.

For the most part they are great, but there are a few (why are there always a few who make the whole group miserable) who make me want to gouge my eyes and ears out. They comment on reception as if it was a prison, we have a few, very few, but a few restrictions. We can't eat a meal there (a full lunch, snacks are ok),we can't wear jeans and we can't read at reception.

People constantly comment on it and I mean it's multiple times a day, "ohhh you poor thing, it must SUCK not being able to read!" .... ahh no Im too busy WORKING to read but thanks. "Does it SUCK to have to wear the dress code instead of jeans on a Friday?".... not really I wear work clothes at work, no biggie.
    "OHHHHHH you missed lunch you must be SO hungry, but I think its totally unprofessional to eat at reception I mean YUCK!".... I think eating at your desk is unhygienic and I can eat here, just not full meals but thanks.

If they were even sincere about it I could handle it, but it's only a few people who say it over and over and over and STFU already!!! They say it like they are bragging that they can, and they have to remind me and the other receptionist day in and day out. These people are lowest on the pecking order of their department and of course don't exactly work that hard. They even have to cover my lunch break and try to wear jeans, read papers or magazines and eat at reception.... then throw a tantrum when I gleefully inform them that they CANT HAHA!!!

ARGH I seriously don't care! These are such freaking petty things that you are trying to hold over my head!
    I DONT CARE I DONT CARE I DONT CARE SHUTTTTTTTTUPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!
    All you are doing is making me feel sorry for you
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

I got a job in an office a couple weeks ago. It's a really casual environment. My boss (the owner) doesn't care what I wear, just as long as it's decent. That's not hard for me to do. I also get an hour long lunch break but usually come back early to answer the phones. He doesn't care if I eat my lunch or breakfast at the desk. He'd rather have me there eating and answering the phones.

He's also okay with me listening to my ipod while I do data entry. I have one earbud in my ear and one ear free so I can listen for the phone.

I don't wear jeans to work even though I can. I don't have that many pairs because I've never been able to wear them in a work setting outside of my college jobs. I've always had a faux professional retail dress code.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
      If they were even sincere about it I could handle it, but it's only a few people who say it over and over and over and STFU already!!! They say it like they are bragging that they can, and they have to remind me and the other receptionist day in and day out. These people are lowest on the pecking order of their department and of course don't exactly work that hard. They even have to cover my lunch break and try to wear jeans, read papers or magazines and eat at reception.... then throw a tantrum when I gleefully inform them that they CANT HAHA!!!

ARGH I seriously don't care! These are such freaking petty things that you are trying to hold over my head!
      I DONT CARE I DONT CARE I DONT CARE SHUTTTTTTTTUPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!
      I hate that shit! I always get it from customers though, especially the remarks they make about having to work holidays. At least with those coworkers, you can get even with them a little when they give you your breaks. I wish there was a way to deflate the customers like that!
      Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

I eat at my desk all the time I can multi task better that way.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
        X