Go Back   Customers Suck! > Site News > Site News

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 12:57 AM
Lunatic posing as normal!

Quote:
Quoth Ree View Post
When the final straw was laid on, and a temp ban was issued, this person spread the most vile lies about me in particular, and posted what was allegedly a quote of my words, but they were rather badly twisted and paraphrased so that it looked like I had said something else entirely. They attacked the site and the management.
So, it was pointed out that saying:
Quote:
So there's a site I visit daily, as I've done so for years, which is basically a forum setup where people can go to write up their personal stories of their recounts with horrible customers. I wont name the specific site, but let's just say cs.com
or
Quote:
My one outlet. The cs.com site.
is not, technically naming the site, but it's pretty darn close, considering that the link to their page was actually posted here, and that's what started the mess.
Also, this is not technically identifying me
Quote:
One person even went so far as to say <removing identifying details of situation, but, as mentioned it was supposed to be paraphrased comments I had made to them, but they were very badly twisted to put me in a bad light> I later found out that woman was a mod/admin on the site.
but, again, it's pretty darn close, considering that I had actually messaged the person with a slightly similar message, but with an entirely different meaning than what was ascribed to them.
Why wouldn't I post the actual message to clarify what I had truly said, since I knew to whom the comments were referring? Also, since the message to the member had my name with "Moderator" as my title, why was it only later that they found out I was a mod if they had been coming to the site daily for years?
See? Playing fast and loose with facts and truths.

Last edited by Ree; 06-28-2013 at 03:45 AM.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:14 AM
Assistant Manager

Just a suggestion? I had a feeling as to who this was, as the requests for help seemed to be the primary goal with a little bit of posting to make it seem legit. However, if you hadn't seen that over the last few month(s), you'd probably have a hard time guessing who this is. Searching for posts and seeing a deleted account seems to confirm it. I'd suggest maybe removing the references to the gender of this person in the comments on this post as it narrows things down a fair amount as to their identity.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:37 AM
\_(ツ)_/

Looks like somebody is about to live the second part of my sig.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Old 06-28-2013, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Quoth Ophbalance View Post
I had a feeling as to who this was, as the requests for help seemed to be the primary goal with a little bit of posting to make it seem legit.
Well, to be fair and accurate, this was not a new member who joined simply to beg for money. They had been a member for a while. However, they had not posted on the site in well over a year, until this terrible personal situation arose for them.

What saddens me in this whole thing is that so many concessions were made for this person, and they would still be here, posting and having an outlet and community support. All they had to do was stick to the request to stop directly soliciting and link in their signature to the approved site request only.
Just a simple request that we would expect from all the other members of the site.

The whole thing is such a terrible mess.

I'm very sure this person doesn't need all the added stress.
That being said, when one is given a break and special concessions, then don't go crapping all over a place when it gets pointed out that you've overstepped.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:35 AM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth Ree View Post
Well, to be fair and accurate, this was not a new member who joined simply to beg for money. They had been a member for a while. However, they had not posted on the site in well over a year, until this terrible personal situation arose for them.
Totally get that. And I empathize with the situation. My wife and I went through (the same) issues as well early on in our marriage
It just seemed... over the top, the postings for help. To me. I realize I've not been a member overly long, but I've been a long long (loooooooong) time lurker. If my memory isn't completely gone, this site had an incarnation in the late 90s that I used to visit. I had left retail at that point and just lost track of this site until the last year, maybe year and a half.

Last edited by Ree; 06-28-2013 at 04:57 AM.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:43 AM

What I am finding so odd is that there are accusations that we made assumptions that our site was being trashed, and threw the first punch to start this mess.

So, this person had been banned from another customer venting site, which by their own admission was their ONLY outlet, and was ironically named "cs.com" on exactly the same day as they were banned here, and a mod there had sent a message saying that
Quote:
she has her own personal problems, having fallen behind on her mortgage, that this was 'just as bad if not worse' as (my situation), and that I should be 'ashamed' for asking for help, as she would never 'stoop so low',
when, oddly enough, after the member said that they "really do pray that (I) never have to go through an experience like the one I am currently enduring," I sent a PM saying:
Quote:
I may not have gone through exactly what you are dealing with, and I never will, but I have experienced my own share of pain and misfortune.

I am this close to losing my home because my 45 year old husband died with no insurance 5 years ago, and I have been struggling on my own ever since.

I have had all my utilities cut off in the past year.
I have lost my phone and internet service.

I have had creditors and collection agents calling me daily.

I am under incredible pressure at my job.

I have stress and pressure in my home life.

Not once have I appealed to the membership to please help me keep my home.
I have never started a charitable request asking for help from the membership, and have NEVER mentioned my troubles on the board outside of the mod forum.
Yeah, it's not the same thing as (this person's situation), but it's pretty damn stressful thinking I could be homeless any day.

So, as the old saying goes, walk in my shoes before rushing to judgment or making comparisons or assumptions that a person has no idea what it's like from your side of the glass.

As a matter of fact, I am in the middle of a great deal of personal stress, so, if there are any more questions, please pass them on to Rapscallion or another of the mods, as I do not have the mental strength at the moment..
Hmmm...so I jumped to a conclusion that I was being referred to???
Another mod on a completley different forum which we shall call cs.com also mentioned mortgage issues???

What a bizarre universe we live in.

And, lest I be accused of "doctoring the PM," as happened on the FB page where it is being claimed that I jumped to my conclusions and was wrong about the site and mod being referred to, I do have a screenprint, but hesitate to post it as it would identify the person.

Last edited by Ree; 06-28-2013 at 04:52 AM.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:29 AM
The Christmas Tree Ninja!

Quote:
Quoth Ree View Post
And, lest I be accused of "doctoring the PM," as happened on the FB page where it is being claimed that I jumped to my conclusions and was wrong about the site and mod being referred to, I do have a screenprint, but hesitate to post it as it would identify the person.
I think most of us have figured it out by now.

But unlike the person in question, we are following the request of the MODs to not mention them.

I've been on this site for what, five years now. I know full well that the MODs do not ban people willy-nilly. They have a good reason for doing so. (and violating Rule #1 so many times doesn't count ) This person definitely overstepped the boundaries.

BTW, without going too much into the situation at hand, there is help out there that they could've accessed. The fact that they didn't suggests to me that they are more focused on the goal that caused them to get banned in the first place.

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Last edited by fireheart; 06-28-2013 at 06:12 AM.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:13 AM
Auto Parts Clerk

Quote:
Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
Looks like somebody is about to live the second part of my sig.
This is being wildly and hilariously misrepresented elsewhere as you saying you hoped shit would hit this person in the face, and apparently this also means we wish this person harm. I'm...done commenting on it in that other place. Anything I say is going to blow up in my face.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:23 AM
The Christmas Tree Ninja!

Quote:
Quoth Dentarthurdent View Post
This is being wildly and hilariously misrepresented elsewhere as you saying you hoped shit would hit this person in the face, and apparently this also means we wish this person harm. I'm...done commenting on it in that other place. Anything I say is going to blow up in my face.
Pretty much me as well. I'm also going to refrain from commenting further here since what I'm saying seems to be adding fuel to her fire and I'd rather not risk a ban on here. I do apologise for my actions though-they did appear to have been "helpful" but from her perspective, it appears to have been harmful. I'm not expecting help from the forum on this one-I can do this on my own.

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Old 06-28-2013, 06:28 AM
Customer

Have issue. Beg for money. Get told to stop begging. Get pissy. Happens all the time.

Though I hear pan handlers make pretty wicked cash actually. So there ya go
Closed Thread