Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude! It was your stories that brought me to this site in the first place! So glad to see you're doing ok. I won't say good, because with a sister and a wife with similar issues, I know good gets reserved for special days.

Be sure to check out Agrabara. He seems to be filling the void quite nicely.

Comment

AD - I used to take Gabapentin for diabetic neuropathy. It worked rather well -- Then it went and got Scheduled (made a Controlled Substance with a capital C) ...or something...last December or so, and suddenly, the generic shot up from the usual $10 price to more like $80-120 for the same amount/dosage. Way out of my price range for a twice daily med x.x They have me on Amitriptylin now, which almost kinda sorta works, but only when my toesies are really giving me major trouble.
      Last edited by EricKei; 10-23-2017, 01:22 PM.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth CaptainThrifty View Post
        Dude! It was your stories that brought me to this site in the first place! So glad to see you're doing ok. I won't say good, because with a sister and a wife with similar issues, I know good gets reserved for special days.

Be sure to check out Agrabara. He seems to be filling the void quite nicely.
        Same here! I was linked to a GK story, then ended up signing up on the forum and reading GK's entire posting history. And then I found a few others...

Gravekeeper, I'm glad you're retired, just reading your threads would make me tired on your behalf. Take care of yourself, and feel free to post some re-runs if you're bored.

And thank you for all of the laughs, dropped jaws, and wide-eyed astonishment!
        The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

You have been missed, hope that your more quiet lifestyle will allow some healing. Glad to hear you have a cat, kitties can sure make life interesting

Comment

When I first joined is about the time you last posted. I did back read everything a long time ago and was glad for it.

All well wishes to you in your days of retirement and hopefully we'll see you around again.

Thanks for letting us know you're still about.

Comment

Side-track: I lurked for a long while, and enjoyed GK's stories immensely. When I contemplated joining up, I gave some thought to a user name. I thought about "GK Stalker" for a bit, and then read that someone had actually stalked him in RL! I took another look, and realized that such a user name was, umm, well beyond the bounds of reasonable taste--even apart from there being an actual stalker!

So I decided to use one of the frequent tropes from GK's posts as my user name, in tribute to him.

Yes, GK, you have been missed.
              “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
              One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
              The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

GraveKeeper: As a fellow call center convict (15 years and counting) I'm glad to see you're back and no longer working at that dread location. You're a fantastic writer and I always looked forward to your posts; it just sucked that it had to come at the cost of you working there. I hope you're able to get better and enjoy your time now.

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post

I feel it's also worth pointing out there are two types of call centers: Ones directly run by the company they are taking calls for and ones run by companies CONTRACTED by the company they are taking calls for.

It's the latter that have a reputation for really sucking. My first call center fell into that category and it was horrible. I came in at the end of February with a training class of 25 people. By June 1, I was the ONLY ONE left.
                Amen to that. Our current call center supplements our staff with contract or "Vendor" staff, who aren't paid well, don't get benefits,don't get the full training regime, and are tossed into very tough situations. It's no wonder we lose about 95% of them within a few months.

Quoth EricKei View Post
                AD - I used to take Gapapentin for diabetic neuropathy. It worked rather well -- ...
                I was diagnosed with a mild case of diabetic neuropathy a few years ago, but have been fortunate enough that I don't need meds yet to deal with the pain and tingling. My doctor brought up Gabapentin as a "Just in case" drug, so I'm glad to hear it's effective in helping the symptoms.

By the way, how are you enjoying Darkest Dungeon?
                Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

I really missed your writing. It was something to look forward to every week, knowing that there would be something laugh out loud funny that also understood the bitter and ugly underbelly of customer service.

Here's to hoping that your health improves steadily and surely.
                  To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
                  To pursue it with forks and hope;
                  To threaten its life with a railway share;
                  To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

AS - I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I'll pick up the expansion during the next set of Steam sales (most likely gonna be the usual 2 or 3 from mid-November til Dec 3 or so, then Dec 16 to Jan 4th, IIRC). Pleasantly dark, though I would have liked to see/hear more variations on the comments for killing enemies (you can only hear "Destroyed!" or "Obliterated!" so many times in an hour before it becomes old hat Love the narrator's voice, tho.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Erm....guys... Gravekeeper's back... Seraph returned... I see four horsemen lining themselves up now!!
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                        Erm....guys... Gravekeeper's back... Seraph returned... I see four horsemen lining themselves up now!!
                        We don't need to worry until Covered With Fish shows up.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Covered With Fish???
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Just make sure they watch the road, remember what happened to GBH and Really Cool People...I forgot the name of the other one.

Good Omens was such a good book.

Comment

Gabapentin can help, so can cymbalta. Also, and this may be a weird suggustion, but hubby has severe nerve pain and medical marijuana takes it away completely.
                              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                                It's when you see me buying new walking shoes that you really need to worry...
                                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                                X