This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    yes, all I can hear is static, occasionally you can here what sounds like maybe music in the background, but mostly static.
    Was there ever a room 150? Like the rooms were renumbered or something?

I wouldn't mind visiting a haunted hotel, though it would interest me more in sleeping in the haunted room, which would be a bit problematic due to the lack of an actual room

I actually would love to plan a road trip based on staying in haunted hotels and B&Bs =)
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

That is seriously CREEPY!

I never believed in stuff like that until I started my paper route. Then after a couple of...experiences...I don't know what to believe anymore. I just know I'm seriously creeped out.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        Was there ever a room 150? Like the rooms were renumbered or something?
        No, never was a 150. There have been room number changes...
        Room 101 was converted into the office, room 131 was converted into housekeeping (the housekeeping room was expanded), rooms 124 and 125 are placeholder numbers for the space used by the fitness room and jacuzzi, 224 is the placeholder for what used to be the office and is now a storage room and 225 is the placeholder number for the conference room. The non-room extensions are 151 for the cordless phones, 260 for the lobby phone, and 198 for the front desk (though 0 routes to the desk also). So, there is no room nor extension for 150 (at least none with a phone attached) and never has been...
        So we're all at a loss.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Ghost/shadow person issues aside, has a technician been out to look at your phone system and see if anything else might be causing this issue?

Comment

The next time you get a ghost call from room 150, pick up the phone and ask the ghost to please not dial 911 as that's not something to play around with, and to at least cut back on the frequency of his calls to the front desk. If he's actually a ghost and not malicious, and you ask politely, he'll probably accede to your request. It's quite possible that he's just bored and lonely and looking for some attention.

If you're feeling really bold, make an offer to visit with him if he'll come show himself.
            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
              The next time you get a ghost call from room 150, pick up the phone and ask the ghost to please not dial 911 as that's not something to play around with, and to at least cut back on the frequency of his calls to the front desk. If he's actually a ghost and not malicious, and you ask politely, he'll probably accede to your request. It's quite possible that he's just bored and lonely and looking for some attention.

If you're feeling really bold, make an offer to visit with him if he'll come show himself.
              IIRC he has shown himself, wasnt there a pic of the lobby on the board last year?
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I remember that. Kinda odd and shadowy like, wasn't it?

Maybe good old Smiley would be kind enough to grace us with an encore.
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Thats pretty weird. The place I work at is haunted by I only had one incident, and all that happened was that I heard voices and a dog. I do know other people have actually seen a ghost and one person refused to work the night shift anymore after it happened.

Comment

If your using an old Panasonic PBX then what is going is this.

An extension 150 was set up in the system, its most likely the placeholder for a phone tree or voice mail. The systems logic boards are either failing, or have collected junk info causing it to ring the main from that extension. Preforming a cold restart the system will generally fix this issue. Or the system wont power back up due to the faulty board. This is very common on any Panasonic PBX.

Or

There was a another cordless phone that was set up in the system and still plugged in somewhere. Older cordless systems where analog and loved to pick up random signals. Cordless phones dialing 911 by themselves is not an uncommon occurrence 10-20 years ago. A forgotten base with the extension 150 is not outside the realm of possibility.

Comment

Daskinor, I am not entirely sure that it is possible to do a cold restart on our system, it has no switch and has an internal battery back up... short of unplugging it and waiting for the battery to die (which I don't want to do) I can't think of anyway to do a cold boot... that said, it's a Mittel, not a panasonic, so it may not even be the same issue (for that matter it may not be the same issue if it were a Panasonic... after all, I have actually seen the entity before... on more than one occassion, isn't hard to believe it has something to do with it.)

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                        after all, I have actually seen the entity before... on more than one occassion, isn't hard to believe it has something to do with it.)
                        Smiley, the entity has shown you no hostile intent before that you've shared here. I would think it is more likely an issue with the hardware rather than spiritual in nature. I'd suggest a call to a tech to trace the 150 number in the software.

Besides, I don't have personal experience, but everything I've read seems to indicate the spiritual world doesn't get along with complicated electronics. If it was your visitor, it would likely just cause the machine to cut out, rather than specific, repeating errors.
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Is it an Mitel SX series

Comment

Just because there's been no hostile intent shown doesn't mean that the ghost might not either pull a prank or perhaps be trying to make contact, which would explain the phone calls. Considering that smileyeagle has seen the ghost, it makes it a lot harder to write it off as a technical issue.

I tend to be a hard realist and skeptical of these types of things. However, I have had supernatural encounters myself, so I wouldn't be quick to write it off.
                            The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Quoth incognitocook View Post
                              Just because there's been no hostile intent shown doesn't mean that the ghost might not either pull a prank or perhaps be trying to make contact, which would explain the phone calls. Considering that smileyeagle has seen the ghost, it makes it a lot harder to write it off as a technical issue.
                              But from what Smiley has said, it's not a ghost. It's a shadow person and those need to be put out. And usually it has to be done forcefully. Believe me, I know. I've had to do it.
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                                But from what Smiley has said, it's not a ghost. It's a shadow person
                                as a clarification, I only said I suspect it is a shadow person... it does not meet the classic characteristics of a ghost and does have a few traits in common with shadow people... that does not rule out that it isn't just a ghost that doesn't follow the classic characteristics (as I understand it there are just as many ghost types as there are ghosts )

Comment

Working...
                                X