COVIDIOT gets what they deserve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVIDIOT gets what they deserve.

So for those of you who don't know, I left my previous job (hence the lack of posts. My new boss is insane but actually has standards for both employees and customers) after a customer assulted one of our staff and the sups did fuckall about it.

Anyway this isn't about that.

I have my nights back!! No more shitty evening or day shifts.

Anyway, because of the risk of robbery we give cops free drinks to encourage their frequent presence. Not at all because some of those cops look p a r t i c u l a r l y good in uniform. And I do not oggle thank you very much.

So this asshat comes in without a mask and throws a tantrum like a child when he's told to either put his mask on, buy one, or leave. Goes on this tirade about how he has a right to not wear a mask and we're infringing on his freedom I'm sure you've heard the same shit before.

Meanwhile. While he's at the counter refusing to wear a mask and throwing a increasingly creative tantrum this lovely specimen of a cop walks right up behind him and starts writing. He sees me smile because I know exactly what the cops doing. He's stupid not me. And takes offense. Tries to throw a punch and slams into the plexiglass instead because he's a clever cookie. Goes to turn around and leave, with all the theatre of his 8th grade drama class.

Almost trips over the cop.

Who slaps him with the standard COVID fines for not wearing a mask in businesses. For being a belligerent asshole, for attempted assault, apparently there's an actual law against using loud profanity in a public place. An old blue law that was never taken off the rulebook from what I was told later. And every other ticket they could. When I asked how much that was the cops shrugged and said probably around $5000.

We gave him the donuts from write-offs to take back to his buddies. Their only like half a day old, not even expired.
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Ah, yes. The old "good cop" and "bad customer" story. I love those.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

We know you are just want to help the cops, we know you are not eyeing them when they come in, or watching their bums when they leave. It is just innocent business sense.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
        We know you are just want to help the cops, we know you are ...
        ... just checking for smuggled budgies...
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Good customer service is all about being aware of your customers. You're doing your job to the best of your ability.
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

heh. You do NOT irritate the officer to the point where he feels the need to stretch his imagination and memory. Even if half the stuff gets taken off, idiotboy is still getting a nice rude wakeup to reality. (Not that it'll stick, but still...)

For that kind of performance, I'd have forked out for the FRESH donuts, at my own expense. (And as you've noted, it helps keep the friendly blues around) Just the laugh and the tale are worth the cost.

Comment

I used to work by a Marine base. Our 2nd floor office was right by their jogging route. Its amazing that the window washers didn't quit over the fingerprints and drool.

My husband is a COVIDIOT. It was a hoax, if he was forced to wear a mask, he used it as a chin strap. Face masks never really caught on in Arizona, so there wasn't any social pressure. No vaccination. (I got my jab early March.)

He's going into his third week of COVID and is just now starting to get well enough that I'm thinking about saying "I told you so!".

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                I used to work by a Marine base. Our 2nd floor office was right by their jogging route. Its amazing that the window washers didn't quit over the fingerprints and drool.

My husband is a COVIDIOT. It was a hoax, if he was forced to wear a mask, he used it as a chin strap. Face masks never really caught on in Arizona, so there wasn't any social pressure. No vaccination. (I got my jab early March.)

He's going into his third week of COVID and is just now starting to get well enough that I'm thinking about saying "I told you so!".
                It's real, the "controls" are the hoax
                AkaiKitsune
                Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Covid is a hoax, the Spanish Flu in the 1920's was a hoax, the Black Death was a hoax... Can you feel the sarcasm dripping? Meanwhile, I'm going to keep right on wearing my mask even after I'm vaccinated (it's scheduled), because of all this hoax. Gonna keep wearing my mask up until I'm told I'm not allowed to, then I'll switch to one of those clear face shields. No one in my house has been sick since the pandemic started. We've all been careful about masking and distancing and washing our hands frequently. I like not being sick.
                  You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
                    Good customer service is all about being aware of your customers. You're doing your job to the best of your ability.
                    Oh believe me I am very aware of at least certain customers 😏 There's one cop who basically looks like a
                    younger but not cradle robbing age version of Idris Elba. Another that looks eerily like Henry Cavill with a butt that may very well have inspired Michelangelo and the kind of bright green eyes that if you saw a picture would make you think photoshopped. And not to leave the ladies out but if you picture aishwarya rai (I may have misspelt that.) but with heterochromia (one slightly darker then emerald green eye and one hazel that is more gold then brown)... Yes I have my types and I'm a sucker for pretty eyes. There's also a pair of redheads that happen to be twin paramedics of the not identical kind one male and one female that may or may not feature in a few NSFW daydreams.... The kind of redhead that is really dark red, um slightly darker then auburn but not so dark as to look black/brown and still clearly a redhead. I don't normally go for redheads but.... Sadly they were not the paramedics that responded when I had to call last week.

Yes I have a thing for men and women in uniform.

Hehe, we had one of the hot cops come in off duty and without a shirt...we were a little to busy NOT oggling to bother enforcing the no shirt etc no service rule (hell with a body like that feel free to wander naked). But damn.... wish I hadn't been caught staring at his ass when he bent over to grab a case of water but ... Absolutely no regrets.🤤 Besides, I was already caught staring why bother looking away?
                    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                      Can you feel the sarcasm dripping?
                      Maybe we should adopt the "/s" informal bit that redditors use for that purpose.

/s
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        Maybe we should adopt the "/s" informal bit that redditors use for that purpose.
                        there's a whole load of them, I'd not realised they'd become so formalised... handy in some situations, for sure!

https://tonetags.carrd.co/ even has translations
                        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I've only ever seen the one.

However, I do often see /x used as if it were a closing tag in an html document or programming code. E.g. "No, I am your father" /vader
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                            My husband is a COVIDIOT.... He's going into his third week of COVID and is just now starting to get well enough that I'm thinking about saying "I told you so!".
                            Aw, man. Sorry about your husband, hope he recovers without the nasty aftereffects.

The people who claim "it's a hoax," I have to ask, "what's the point of such a hoax?" I've never gotten a sensible answer.

Me, I've gotten both doses of the Fauci Ouchie. I'm still wearing the mask, partly because there are still anti-vaxxers running amok, partly because it's pollen season and the mask does a great job of keeping my allergies at a low level.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                              The people who claim "it's a hoax," I have to ask, "what's the point of such a hoax?" I've never gotten a sensible answer.
                              I think my favorite is the "it's all a multi-govt conspiracy it's not real" people. Like when has ones own govt managed to cooperate with the various parts of itself? Whenever have two seperate govt from seperate countries managed to cooperate without it falling to pieces almost immediately? Never mind each and every govt being on the same page and cooperatively trying to do anything....

I'm not certain if I'm getting the second shot as I had a really really bad delayed reaction to the first one. You know your in trouble when the paramedics start expanding on your already extensive vocabulary of swear words. As it is if I am allowed to get the second one I have to do so in the hospital and stay for 72hours for monitoring...which I'm not exactly thrilled about. Assuming they even allow me to get it at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X