X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marina Chronicles: Short Digest

may be added to as the day goes on.

Why do we care?

There is a snake in the most west-ward corner of the lake.

Caller is scared.

Why do we care, Round 2?

Caller calls to inform us there is a bunch of gas on the water near the north-east corner of the lake.

This is a genuine concern.

However, it is not our concern.

When trying to figure out what we should do about it, she asked if she could have her boat brought in to check for a leak, to make sure it isn't her.

Caller has given all indications that it is not her, by saying it looks like the gas wasn't coming from any of the boats, including her's, and she still has a full tank of gas, despite gasmageddon occuring on the lake.

Caller mentions she might have to call DNR.

I tell her that is a good idea.

Seriously?

We call a lady at 7 A.M. She had asked to be put on the 'I want my boat before the holiday' wishlist. We were going to grant her wish.

She informs us that she is having:

"A very seriousch dischussion"

We ask, with as straight of a face as possible, if we should call back later.

Seriously?!

She calls back around 4 P.M. sounding much more sober, wanting to know what she agreed to in the first call.

When I told her she had agreed to nothing, and re-explained the conversation to her, she said that was fine, and hung up.

Reportedly, this same lady also showed up before I was employed, grabbed ALL THE BUTTS, then hitched a ride with complete strangers to her house.

The complete strangers were horrified, but too polite to kick their unwanted hitchhiker out.

Nobody got time for dat!

A guy came in and asked for a fishing license. We encourage them do to this at home, since it wastes valuable computer time for us to give him one of our computers to fill one out.

I encouraged him to come back behind the counter. He does so, while my coworker gets the fishing license website up.

Me: It's all yours.
    Him: What's this?
    Me: You have to fill it out yourself.
    Him: Well that takes too long, I'm leaving.

Alrighty then. Way to sell yourself short. It's going to take just as long if we do it, and more people get to know your address, weight, height, eye color, hair color, credit card information... everything we need to skin you and walk around as you. Wait, that went to a dark place for a moment. XP
    Last edited by Cooper; 06-11-2013, 06:57 PM. Reason: Last SC of the day

Um....all the butts???? And fishing license guy is stupid

Comment

Quoth Sunshine View Post
      Um....all the butts???? And fishing license guy is stupid
      I'm thinking the detritus you find in an ashtray. Leftover cigarettes.
      But the paint on me is beginning to dry
      And it's not what I wanted to be
      The weight on me
      Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Hello, I would like to obtain a fish license for my pet fish, Eric.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          How did you know my name is Eric?

Comment

Quoth Cooper View Post

Reportedly, this same lady also showed up before I was employed, grabbed ALL THE BUTTS, then hitched a ride with complete strangers to her house.

The complete strangers were horrified, but too polite to kick their unwanted hitchhiker out.

For the love of god, I don't know why but I found that to be HILARIOUS

Comment

Quoth Sunshine View Post
              Um....all the butts????
              Sheesh! Anyone with littles knows it's not a real motorboat without butt-butt-butt-butts!
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                He IS ... AN ... 'ALIBUT!

Comment

Was fishing-license-guy a senior? The kind who clearly think that if they just ignore all this new-fangled technology, it'll go away, and we can go back to the good ol' days when they could order the yungun's to do it all for them?

I mean, I can sympathize, but time to get into the 21st Century....

I'll bet there was the one crotchety old guy who was the last one in the village who hadn't upgraded to a clovis point and was always yammering about how everyone else would be sorry when their arrows all fell apart due to that big "Y-20K" bug thing he heard about, and boy will everyone look stupid when they don't have a good ol' hand-held rock to fall back on like HE does! No sir! Can't trust that new technology! That's only for them fancy-loincloths!
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Ohhhhh ok...my dirty brain went to some mass marina booty grab....lol

Comment

Quoth Cooper View Post

Were they going to her house anyway? Or did she climb into their car and say 'take me to 123 Main Street'? Or grab a butt and then said 'take me home '?

Enquiring minds want to know.
                      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                      X