Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electronic Checks --- JUST MOVE ON TO DEBIT ALREADY PEOPLE!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Checks --- JUST MOVE ON TO DEBIT ALREADY PEOPLE!!!!!

Had one guy come into my store. It's kinda funny cuz he looks like the stereotype a**hole. He is tall, skinny, very wealthy, and has the long curly french mustache and acts like he owns the place. I've dealt with this joker twice, and I'll tell you about each time how they went.

1st time:

Me: *Runs check through and finishes processing it* Okay, now I'll just need you to sign on the pin pad so that we may receive your electronic signature on the check.

Him: Why am I signing this when I already have my check signed?

Me: We are obtaining an electronic signature from you sir. It's pretty much signing your check since you are receiving yours back from us.

Him: No no no, cancel that and run it through manually. My check -HAS- to go through my bank.

Me: I'm afraid I can't allow that sir. Our system is specially designed to recognize checks electronically only. (We can override it, but he was being a douche about it)

Him: Then I want to speak to your manager. It is against the -LAW- to run a check through without telling someone you're doing it electronically, you're STEALING my money!!

Me: Yes sir *Pages manager*

MOD: Can I help you sir?

Him: First of all, it is against federal LAW to process a check electronically without informing the customer that you are about to do so, so don't worry cuz I'm already sueing yall's pretty hind ends for that, but I'm also going to get you on account of theft, and I am requesting this young man be fired!

MOD: I'm afraid I can't do that sir. I apologize that you had not been informed of our policy, but sir, to say that we STOLE----

Him: Look, my check has to go through my -BANK-!! Your cashier -STOLE- my money!

MOD: Sir, you handed our cashier a financial instrument with the intention to purchase your products. I'm afraid he had only been doing his job, which he does very well by the way; thus, to say that he STOLE anything is irrational and invalid. I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store, and if you want to press your luck in court with that for an excuse then I will be more than happy to give you the number to all seven of this store's attorneys.

Needless to say after that threat the man vowed he'd never return and would fight this in the corporate level, but I kept my job and the managers just laughed at him.

2nd time:

*He comes back in for a box of envelopes*

Him: I remember your sorry a** from before. You still processin' checks electronically?

Me: *Smiles my biggest msot innocent smile* Yes sir.

Him: Well that's not gunna do, my checks have to go through the bank.

Me: I'm afraid we can't do that sir. All checks are electronic.

Him: We've been through this befor----

Me: Yes sir, and LIKE before the answer is no. We'll be more than happy to accept credit, debit, or even cash!

Him: MY. CHECKS. MUST. GO. THROUGH. THE. BANK.!

Me: I'm sorry sir, was there anything else I could assist you with?

Him: You will run my check through manually, or ELSE!

Me: Are you threatening me sir?

Him: Run my check through!

Me: Are you threatening me sir?

Him: YES BECAUSE IF YOU DONT RUN THAT CHECK THROUGH IM GOING TO THROW YOU THROUGH YOUR REGISTER I JUST WANT MY DAMN CHECK RUN THROUGH!!!!

Me: Yes sir, lemme run that check through for you.

Him: Thank you! *Fixes his suit and everything like he won*

Me: *Runs his check through electronically (read his outburst VERY carefully)* Here you go sir, now I'll just need a signature.

Him: *Mouth drops and stays that way for several minutes*

Me: You have a nice day sir!

I can be evil when I wanna.... it's true I could've been simple with him but... hey he started it. *shrugs* I don't put up with a lot from buttholes.

Quoth PriceytheCashierKing View Post
    Him: YES BECAUSE IF YOU DONT RUN THAT CHECK THROUGH IM GOING TO THROW YOU THROUGH YOUR REGISTER I JUST WANT MY DAMN CHECK RUN THROUGH!!!!
    Throw you through your register? Sounds like a threat to me! If I were you, I would have gotten my manager and told them that I had been threatened with physical harm by some jerkoff, and that they could deal with him, for I was finished. I've never been threatened like that by a customer, but if it ever happens.. woe to the customer that does it. Retail workers don't get paid enough to put up with that bullshit.
    My Myspace, add me!

Comment

see this is why if i ever work a job where i have to run check at a register im keeping my cell phone with me and dialling a number for every time i felt threatened... AKA the moment he really threatened me it would have been dialed and i would have the nice operator on the phone. and since his names is on his check unless he actually attacked me (hmmmmm i may be tiny but i throw a 250 piund man...) i would be able to get him arrested for the threat... then arrest for the attack...

Comment

people are just funny, i cant even believe this, if its in the us acutally his bank has to accept the check electronically, its federal law that they have to , its called check 21.

man id love to be able to do this typeof thing with my SCs, id have no job though, lol

Comment

He has to write a check for a box of envelopes??? I've got that much money in quarters under the seat of my car.
          "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Wait, if a check is going through electronically, then wouldn't the funds go through his bank anyway?

Comment

And, IIRC, the feds required banks to change from paper copies of checks to electronic copies: which, in turn, makes it much much faster to process funds. This helps to stop the kiting of checks.

Whether or not the Asstomer hands you a paper check does not matter, the information on the MICR (those ugly little numbers on the bottom) is pulled during a scan, electronic signature, and that's saved and processed by your store that night.

It will still go through the bank.

If he's afraid of having no records to search from bank account, ask him why. The store adds its merchant number to the purchase when sending to Bank X for processing, and the records should have Date, Time, Location and Price. Other than that, I really don't see what all he's upset about.

Unless he's planning on kiting checks.

Next time you see Asstomer arrive, call your MOD ahead of time. Point Asstomer out, and give the MOD a background on the story. Ask if MOD will find out why Asstomer is so adamant about the paper vs electronic issue. It might be he's afraid of identity theft (better covered under electronic), it might be he's trying to kite checks (tough sh!t, buddy), it might be that he wants to use up all the 100 boxes of checks he purchased last year for a bargain.......

But as soon as Asstomer gets up to the checkout counter, have MOD handle him. Once he sees that no matter how loud he whines, he'll still have to do it this way, he'll either never come back or STFU and just do it.

Cutenoob
              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I'm pretty sure your store had another customer in there who would have heard that, or even the manager. proceed with the following:

1. Tell him ok, we'll help you
                2. Take his check from him
                3. Begin dialing the police
                4. inform him that you'll be keeping the check as evidence relating to his identity
                5. Mention to him that should he leave the premises, he'll also be charged with fleeing the scene of a crime

LOL
                Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

what the hell?! does he not have enough money in the account to cover the check so he doesn't want it to go through right away?

if he's worried about identity theft, it's probably safer to do it electronically...he gets his check back and the account information goes directly from the register to the bank...no one else sees his check. somebody so inclined could do some damage if they got ahold of his physical check...let's see...
                  1. cashier,
                  2. whoever counts down the drawer at the end of the shift (i imagine in most cases there's a second person involved in this),
                  3. whoever prepares the deposit the next morning,
                  4. the teller who processes the deposit at the bank,
                  5. and probably at least one more person processing checks at the bank as well...

the odds of someone getting their hands on his check for nefarious purposes are probably a lot better than the chances someone's going to hack the bank's computer
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                  X