Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wherein I get serious for a moment (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So yet another bumpage (sorry Raps!) for another update.

They're still coming into work nearly every weekend or so...nearly every time they do, my hands start shaking. I've actually broken down a few times since then, so whether it's because it's coming up to nearly a year since what happened or not, I can't say.

I wound up telling my dad today about some of what happened...I made it clear though that I don't want my parents fighting this one for me, but because I can't apparaently do it myself, they think they should. I've had enough. I'm going to go to the police and make a statement concerning the harassment. I don't have to have any investigation going on at this stage and I'm making that clear. I just want them to back off and leave me alone. Work won't be able to stop them from coming in, but if they'll back off, then it's a start.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I would definitely continue with counseling and therapy. It sounds like you may be suffering from post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD.) I have a friend who suffers from that-he was sexually abused as a teen, and he suffers from flashbacks and anxiety attacks as well. (Thankfully, his abuser was killed in Iraq so having to run across them is not an issue.) Only other advice I can offer is to try taking St. John's Wort or Sam-E daily (recommended dosage on the package,) or see about possibly getting prescribed anti depressants or anti anxiety medicine. My prayers are with you; I have had more than one friend who dealt with events similar to yours.

Comment

Quoth RedHeadPhoneGirl View Post
        If you need and empathetic ear, or just a shoulder to cry on, I'm here any time.
        I have to chime in and say that Red is a fantastic person to talk to if you do feel like you need someone to talk to. She is not, as they say, just whistling Dixie.

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
        My parents don't know the full story, they just think that we had a fight and left it at that.
        There are some things parents don't need to know. I see you told your Dad some of it, and that's fine....if you feel they should know, go for it and tell them, but if you feel it's in your best interests for them not to know, well then, that's okay too.

One detail I forgot to mention here was that the guy who was using me for sexual favours kept saying "you're making a big deal out of sex" and that you "shouldn't be putting sex on a pedestal" so to speak and just pointing out that he would offer to get it over and done with.
        This is not defending them in any way, but you should realize that there is a strong chance that the guy who is saying this actually believes this. He's still an asshole, but you should know where there head is at.

...lately I keep running into them.
        I think this is a good thing. Especially if you've reinforced your front bumper to deal with the impacts. Keep running into them. Over and over and over again.......

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

1) This is not defending them in any way, but you should realize that there is a strong chance that the guy who is saying this actually believes this. He's still an asshole, but you should know where there head is at.

2) I think this is a good thing. Especially if you've reinforced your front bumper to deal with the impacts. Keep running into them. Over and over and over again.......
          Numbered for my sake.

1) Yeah, I think that's the case too.

2) too many meanings. They keep coming to work when I'm there.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
          X