This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really cute kid

I was called down to tools because they needed help in the toy department. This isn't my department anymore...but I was feeling nice. A mom watched to buy a large ride on toy but it didn't have a stock number on it. So, I was looking it up on the computer.

Now, the computer is stationed right next to our Christmas displays. We have several trees displayed on a ground covered in that white fabric that looks like snow. It's hard to describe. Basically, it looks like the trees are sitting in snow.

Her little boy (maybe about five) wanders over and in the loudest, cutest voice, screeched: "MOMMY SNOOOOOOOW!"

He falls to his hands and knees, crawls over to the "snow" and reaches out to touch it. His joyous face immediately clouds with confusion.

"Heeeeeeeeeey. This isn't SNOOOOOW," he cried. "It's not cold and stuuuuff!"

I just about died laughing. I know I shouldn't have, as the child looked so utterly happy when he set eyes on the "snow." You know when a kid's eyes light up and his mouth opens wide in amazement--that was how this little boy looked before he realized that the snow wasn't real. I felt so damn bad for him, really.

I still get this silly smile on my face just thinking about him.

That is too cute. I can't wait for the kiddies to start playing with the toys
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Ahhh, my two favorite things to see. A child with child-like joy in his heart at such simple things.

And the utter heartbreak of the same child just moments later.

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm evil and going to hell. Might as well take pleasure whenever I can on the way! Muahahahahaha!!!!!
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

My favorite was walking through a mall on the way to an anime event, dressed in my "Dark Knight" Harley Quinn and looking for my friends. A little girl and her mom were walking in another direction and the girl says:

"WOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooow! Mommy! Lookit the clown girl!"

Later on, my friends told me they heard the little girl still going on about the "clown girl" and knew that I had gotten to the mall. So they went up to the girl and her mom and asked them where the "clown girl" went. Thanks to them, they were able to find me chatting with one of my other friends stuck working at one of the kiosks that day.

That... and scaring Brad Loree (who was Michael Meyers in Halloween H2O) are my favorite stories concerning that particular costume.
        A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Working...
        X