This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update!

The company is trying to settle with us for about half.

They claim that while they are at fault for sending it they're not for us using it, since we should have noticed before we started.

Owner will be contacting a lawyer.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
      Update!

They claim that while they are at fault for sending it they're not for us using it, since we should have noticed before we started.

I guess half a loaf is better than none.

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Wow, sounds like the company got themselves up shit creek.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          Apparently, not that bad.
          Actually it doesn't, the key is the dessication (drying). Problem is that concrete uses quite a bit of water IIRC.

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
          The only shocking thing I think of with that is -- you mean they reuse the trailer barrels without cleaning them? I'd of thought that would be so standard there'd be all-but no way to mess it up.
          There is, sorta. As an ex-truck driver, it was my responsibility to clean my truck when necesary. For tankers, that's supposed to be between each load, but its not like there's someone watching over you. Plus sometimes it can be hard to find a tank wash (bet that you can't name one in your town), plus they're not always open or the equipment breaks, and then there's the problem of deadlines. Oh, and being a big name company is actually a detriment in a way for this. The big boys can pay when they screw up, but Schneider and Swift for example train their own drivers. Problem is that this leads to a lot of unmotivated drivers that came for the free training, and stick around only as long as they need (18 months for Schneider dry van for example), plus they're pay is on the low end of the scale, and you pay for the wash now, and get reimbursed on your next check. Thank goodness there's seperate food grade and chemical grade tankers.

Quoth draftermatt View Post
          Update!

Laughs, "Ok, i will guess that it was Schneider Specialty. There are other tank outfits, but as the workers can tell you, Schneider will cut any corner they can get away with. Prime, you'd prolly already have check in hand, and the driver'd've been handed his walking papers (they take a lot of pride in their reputation).
          Last edited by iradney; 10-23-2009, 10:36 AM.
          Seph
          Taur10
          "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth Javarod

<snip>

. Oh, and being a big name company is actually a detriment in a way for this. The big boys can pay when they screw up, but Schneider and Swift for example train their own drivers. Problem is that this leads to a lot of unmotivated drivers that came for the free training, and stick around only as long as they need (18 months for Schneider dry van for example), plus they're pay is on the low end of the scale, and you pay for the wash now, and get reimbursed on your next check. .
            try dealing with those dumbass steering-wheel holder trainees. in my area we had either the main training center (corp HQ is in my town) or one of the main regional training centers.

they used to fill up one or two hotels in my area EVERY FRIGGIN WEEK (that is until last year when the economy tanked and they halted training). the local taxi companies hated them, most of the delivery places hated them (broke trainees rarely tipped) most of the local restaurants near the hotels hated them (tried to demand a discount even if one was not offered). they used to come into my gas station and demand a discount (esp when even I as an employee did not get a discount), then complain they counld not buy beer after 9pm (local law)

then they put these guy ONE THE ROAD their first day of training. I know you gotta learn how to drove one of those big rigs some way, but come on. esp if you got 2 of them driving down the road in tandem
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
              You should capitalize on the green movement in housing and start making bricks out of sod and buffalo dung! Or concrete covered haybales; I think that's how they do it some places...
              We've been ahead of the green movement for several thousand years here. Adobe is not just a computer program....
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
              X