X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You have to be s***ing me

So I work for a concrete manufacturer.

One of the key ingredients in concrete is cement, which we buy from a cement producer.

Yesterday everyone noticed an odor to our product.

About 5 PM last night we get a call from our cement producer...

Apparently the trucking company that delivers cement in barrel trailers uses those same trailers to haul human excrement that has been made into pellets that can be burned for fuel (what that would smell like... eesh).

They forgot to clean the barrel on a trailer out before loading it up with cement and delivering it to us.

So we got cement infused with human excrement.

So our entire day of production now smells like poo, and has little brown flecks throughout!

We had to scrap an entire day of production, and this trucking company will be paying for that, and to clean out our cement storage.

I bet your boss is shitting bricks right now.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
      burned for fuel (what that would smell like... eesh).
      Apparently, not that bad.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Oh, that is so wrong.

Wasted oppotunity, right there. I am certain there is a market for that very substance in the "Ex Boyfriend Brains" industry.

Comment

Ever hear of Milorganite? A kind of lawn fertilizer? It's processed human waste.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

If I were to consider all the strange things I've seen happen at our manufacturing plant....yeah this is a new one.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Eh, shit happens.
              Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

The only shocking thing I think of with that is -- you mean they reuse the trailer barrels without cleaning them? I'd of thought that would be so standard there'd be all-but no way to mess it up.

Comment

You should capitalize on the green movement in housing and start making bricks out of sod and buffalo dung! Or concrete covered haybales; I think that's how they do it some places...

But...Poo Cement....
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
                    The only shocking thing I think of with that is -- you mean they reuse the trailer barrels without cleaning them? I'd of thought that would be so standard there'd be all-but no way to mess it up.
                    You would think wouldn't you. Especially since this isn't a mom and pop trucking outfit, it's apparently a very large chain.

The whole poo=fuel doesn't surprise me, I think it's pretty resourceful really.

Our worry was basically
                    a) Will we get phone calls that people's apartments smell like poo (and this was for the penthouse level in NYC).
                    b) Will the urea affect the concrete negatively, since technically it's a salt and salt + concrete = bad.

And of course the cement company refusing to take responsibility for it.

Total cost: 3 truck loads of cement $2000
                    4 beds of production (8,000 s.f. 5,360 cu yards) $50,000

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                      You would think wouldn't you. Especially since this isn't a mom and pop trucking outfit, it's apparently a very large chain.
                      I'm almost tempted to ask which company it was. My company makes logistics software and I'm kind of curious if it was one of our customers...

Nah. Probably better off not knowing....
                      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Too bad you don't make bricks. You could get into the Brick Shithouse business.

Comment

At least the shit didnt hit the fan....

(little cement chunks mighta hurt!!)

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post

Sorry, couldn't resist.

bad, bad, bad, bad, bad.
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I guess this was one of those moments.

Comment

Working...
                              X