Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats! Babys are a life changer for sure.

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
    And apparently, he's as stubborn as the rest of my family >.< I nearly had to reschedule this past appointment because he didn't want to wake up and uncurl for the doctor to look him over.
    My daughter would only moon us whenever I had an ultrasound done, to the point when the tech would switch sides of my belly she's heave herself over to moon us some more. I plenty of pics of her butt in the womb.

Comment

Congrats, Khel! ^_^

Much may well be to come as you prepare for your !!
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Congrats! Babies are always fun!
        "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Quoth kpzra View Post
          My daughter would only moon us whenever I had an ultrasound done, to the point when the tech would switch sides of my belly she's heave herself over to moon us some more. I plenty of pics of her butt in the womb.
          Out of all the mommy friends I have now, several of them ended up posting the ultrasound pics confirming the sex on Facebook. So basically they're showing off their new son/daughter's genitalia to the world!

One mommy I know (who now has a 2-year-old and is planning on #2 towards the end of this year) ended up posting her entire 3D ultrasound TWICE. She also got week-by-week belly pics, but they were more to help a friend who was building a photography portfolio.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Oh, gods, parental overshare.

I will have to say, I have not done this. I will not do this. There is not a single picture of my child up on the internet yet because there doesn't need to be one.

But I have been finding humor from it through this blog: http://www.stfuparentsblog.com/
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
              Oh, gods, parental overshare.
              My cousin who has just had her baby has luckily kept the overshare to a minimum.

While she's done the pics (he appears to actually be very full of life already ) of him, she hasn't mentioned anything about his habits in public (the extent she's done has been on a photo comment).

On the other hand, I've heard everything from "bubs has toothy pegs" to "bubs is already a boob-suckling champion". AGH.

Comment

I generally keep my comments about J to the picture captions. My family lives 2000 miles away and only met her this last Christmas (she turned 3 last week) so pictures are the only way they see her. I post some funny things she did (like eating my mashed potatoes and trying to blame the cat when they were still on her face/mouth) but most stuff is kept to ourselves or my family list. Not everyone needs/wants to hear it.

Comment

I post things Khan says or does that are funny or bizarre, or observations on being first-time parent, but I try to make it all amusing.

There are some things you should never post to social media, such as naked baby pictures, pictures of the contents of your child's diaper or vomit, and pictures of your child in the ER, obviously frightened and in pain (seen this last one twice in the past month...really, maybe you should be attending to your little girl with the broken arm or the toddler with the gash on his head, instead of taking embarrassing photos of them).
                  https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Don't forget to pack a pair of shivs for people who decide that they don't need to ask before patting yer belly >_> ... Just to scare them off, of course
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I do the same as AnaKhouri, I only share funny/sweet/truly awesome moments, and I post non-mummy things too. As much as I love my kids, my entire existence doesn't revolve around them. Also, STFU Parents is my pre-post test...if there's a chance that it might end up there, I don't share it.
                      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

you need this shirt

(there is one out there that says "due in August" but I'm too lazy to find it )

Comment

Love it! Just too bad I can't wear it at work!
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                          X