This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
    If you're like me, you shove your extra change in your pocket to sort through later, and if it happens to be the same pocket as your keys, when you pull them out to unlock the car it's not unusual for the keys to drag a few coins with them.
    Ah...this makes sense. Or should I say...cents?

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
      Ah...this makes sense. Or should I say...cents?
      And if you've also got your breath fresheners in there the alarm clock goes off...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I should point out most places are giving the money to charity I know for a fact my employer is giving it to a children’s charity.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
          ^ This, so much...it baffles me when I see so much change scattered around in parking lots...not just pennies, but plenty of nickels, dimes, even quarters. How does change fall out of your pocket in the parking lot? I mean, I understand it happening when you're paying for your purchase at the counter...pull out a handful of change, lose a few coins on the floor. But unless everyone is constantly engaging in strenuous pocket pool at all times, it confuses me how much random change I find in parking lots and on sidewalks. Just today I found a nickel and a dime in the lot at work. Is it fashionable to walk around in pants with intentional holes in the pockets?
          I just love the people who do this. I wish there were more of them. Because when I see coins, or bills, on the ground I always pick them up. It's not that I need the money, I need the exercise. So to those who drop their coins, I say, "Keep up the good work."
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I don't pick up coins because it hurts my back and I have carpal tunnel. My spine is worth more than a nickel. But there's nothing wrong with doing so.

On the SCOs being "out" of bags: human beings often hate change and hold onto old ideas.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Let the bags pay the Bag Tax! I pay the Homer Tax.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth dougall View Post
                I should point out most places are giving the money to charity I know for a fact my employer is giving it to a children’s charity.
                Same here; my workplace is giving the money to the charity chosen this year.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  ... On the SCOs being "out" of bags: human beings often hate change and hold onto old ideas.
                  Like the woodpecker flying through the clear-cut forest, trying to hammer on the gone trees.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                    Same here; my workplace is giving the money to the charity chosen this year.
                    My Dads are giving to local environmental charities but they've been doing that for about eight years now, as they have been charging for them for that long.
                    Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

I've had a few people moan at me about bags. My coworker in the clothing part of the shop I'm in got yelled at because how DARE she be made to pay 5p for a bag when she'd just spent over £100 on clothes? Apparently customers seem to think they shouldn't have to pay when they spend over a certain amount. My coworker got all the clothes thrown in her face and the customer stormed out... because even though she could happily afford to spend over £100 on clothes, she couldn't seem to afford the 5p for a bag...

Comment

There was also an incident where a woman dropped eight bottles of wine in the car park; she was too stingy to pay for a bag so tried to carry the bottles to her car in her arms; she dropped them when attempting to open the car door.
                        Most of the places near me that'd charge for bag would also give you bottle carriers if you're buying by the shedload.
                        ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
                          Most of the places near me that'd charge for bag would also give you bottle carriers if you're buying by the shedload.
                          She was offered a box for free but declined.
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

She was offered a box for free but declined.
                            ??? Idiot. I'd much rather carry that many bottles in a box rather than a bag. Plus, the box will last longer than a bag with my cat playing in it.
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

We don't have a bag tax here, but I sure wish we did. I'm sick of seeing plastic bags stuck in trees and blowing around on the ground. Besides, they aren't good in landfills either.

I do have a bit of a duh story about me, though. I have been carrying my own washable bags forever. I finally got my sweety to carry and USE them as well. One proud day, I realized that we had no plastic bags in our home. I was so happy! It lasted a few hours until I went to scoop the litter boxes and realized that we had no plastic bags in our home. I sure didn't think that through very well.

Comment

I've been cleaning house lately, and I found a whole bunch of leftover balloons from when I filled a previous boss's office full of balloons. I was meeting a friend for lunch who is a Girl Scout leader so I decided to donate the balloons to her troop (they'll find some nefarious use for them).

Me: "Look I got you these and I meant to give them to you a while ago. I mean, I've had them for so long they're in a plastic shopping bag! Dang!"
                                BFF: "Man, these are ancient!"

We've been without plastic bags for so long they're like relics.
                                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
                                X