This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventures at the Chiropractor's

Hubs and I were rear-ended about a week ago, no major damage but Hubs has been having a lot of back pain. He's seeing a chiropractor now, and had an appointment this morning. We got to the office on time and parked next to a lady who was sitting in her front seat texting. Thinking nothing of it, we went in and ended up waiting a little longer than expected (nothing major).

After we'd been there for about fifteen minutes, Texting Lady zoomed in, going straight to the front desk to sign in and then taking a seat. It was about 10:15 at this point, and Hubs's appointment was supposed to be at 10, so we figured he was probably next. Not so. TL, after only five minutes of sitting, went up to the front desk and asked the receptionist loudly, "When can I go in? I have to get to work!" I didn't hear what the receptionist said but apparently it was enough to appease her, as she went back to her seat. Not even five minutes later a nurse walked out and called her name, which pissed Hubs and me off for two reasons:

One, if her appointment time was before ours, she still arrived late and as per the doctor's policy (as we have learned before) should have waited until the next available opening, and

Two, she ZOOMED in so quickly I thought she was an employee who had arrived so late her job was at stake. She was obviously NOT in dire need of a chiropractor and could have waited until Hubs, who was in great pain even sitting there, had had his appointment.

The logic here makes my head hurt.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

That's just horrible.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

That's when the chiropractor's receptionist needs to tell her to wait her turn. Exactly what needs to happen at my work, but then, a large portion of the population have the mentality of toddlers.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Toddlers have a better understanding of having to wait.

I'd have queried the Chiro about the situation with a "Hey, what's the policy on patient ordering in the wait room? The reason I am asking is because I was 15 minutes early, and had to wait past my appointed time, because this lady that came and signed in after me got seen before me."

One reason I could see something like this happening is in the multi-physician practices, where yeah, you could be waiting to see Dr X, but a patient for Dr Y comes in after you and gets seen before you, because Y is ahead of Dr X.
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

It's times like that my internal/external monolog switch gets a short and sticks in external.
          AkaiKitsune
          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
            One reason I could see something like this happening is in the multi-physician practices, where yeah, you could be waiting to see Dr X, but a patient for Dr Y comes in after you and gets seen before you, because Y is ahead of Dr X.
            Sadly, this doctor was the only one there. I suspect she's a regular as we'd seen her leaving the office before, as we were going in, and probably pulls this kind of behavior often enough that they just go with it. Appointments with this doctor tend to be pretty short, though he's still an amazing doctor. He even includes me when I go with Hubs (I don't actually do anything, he just shows me what he's doing and cracks jokes).
            The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

Comment

I hate that. Thankfully, all my docs are in one huge group, so the procedure is the same, no matter who you see, and at what location. They also have a policy, which may or may not be at the discretion of the individual dr., that if you are really late for your appt, even if not your fault, you have to reschedule.

I suspect its each dr., since once time I had an appt, on a friday afternoon, i think about 4:15 or so, probably the last of the day. From work to there took about 20 minutes, but I still left about 3:20, "just in case" well, the main road I take there was a fatal accident, so it was completely shut down. I know the back way, but it took me forever. I called to let them know, and called again as I got closer. Do you know, even though it was a friday, and I'm sure he wanted to get home, he waited for me, when I finally got there just before 5! There's a reason I still go a bit further to see him.

Comment

just to play devils advocate what if she had been inside earlier and went out side to call her job then got a little distracted by texting? still sucky i know but still.

Comment

If she had been in earlier, I would have assumed that she'd already been signed in, though. She only signed in while we were there. Otherwise, that would have been totally believable.

Comment

oh see i read this half asleep so didn't see the signed in part

Comment

Working...
                    X