Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who were a quarter or less short never bothered me much...the people whose total was something like $15.03 and were paying with a twenty dollar bill and wanted me to insisted that I give them a five dollar bill back instead of the $4.97 because they didn't want a bunch of change were the ones that would get on my nerves.
    Last edited by Deevil; 03-24-2013, 04:09 PM. Reason: Asking was fine, but demanding not.

Comment

Quoth PizzaDrone View Post
      Second, pretty much all petrol stations in the UK (where I think you're from, could be wrong) have notices up informing people to ensure they are able to pay before they take any petrol.
      Not that that really matters; we all know sucktomers refuse to read signs.
      Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
      Well, I haven't heard anything so I'm guessing she didn't make a complaint after all. XD
      Lots of customers will do this. They don't want to talk to management or anyone who can actually get something done; they just want to yell at the prole behind the counter who has no power to correct what the SC is yelling about. But they will never, ever take it higher up the ladder.
      Quoth Flood View Post
      Witness to this whole debacle was one of our regulars who proceeded to pick up the pile of change and drop it in our tip jar
      Nice customer, What the hell was that other geezer trying to do? People who fly off the handle like that, I find myself wishing they'd give themselves aneurysms or heart attacks. Not fatal, just a warning to stop being such a damn asshole.
      Last edited by XCashier; 03-24-2013, 04:28 PM.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

There's only ever been once a shop let me delay paying for something, and it was fairly unique circumstances ( I was a regular, worked only a couple doors down, and had simply misplaced the £5 I would have used to pay with. I found the fiver later, so paid as soon as I could slip away from work. Yes my boss knew I was leaving the building)

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
          If even that. For a lot of stations, the fuel is a loss leader for their convenience stores--tobacconists, liquor and/or fireworks in the case of those near the Illinios/Indiana state line.
          I work at a c-store/gas station and i can vouch for this as fact.
          If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Working...
          X