This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh I am so sorry for your loss. *many hugs to you and your family*
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Seshat, your last story made me cry. I understand totally.
      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I'm crying again. She's not here to greet me now I've woken up.

Neither Vi nor Shiro (the dog and the other cat) have yet truly noticed. Vi sniffed Seph's body a few times, but didn't seem to recognise that she was gone.

We're expecting Vi to start looking for her, and then grieving in her own way, soon. We're not sure if Shiro is really smart enough to notice: though he has noticed that he can sit on my chair without being hissed at.
        (Shiro used to try to playfully pounce Seph, but Seph didn't want to play. It got to the point that whenever Seph saw Shiro, she'd hiss to warn him not to pounce her.)

I like to think that my Nan, and D's father, are where Seph is now; and they're giving her laps and pats and watching her play with all the other cats and climb trees and chase birds (special birds that don't mind being chased).
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

*hugs* I'm so sorry, Seshat.
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
            I like to think that my Nan, and D's father, are where Seph is now; and they're giving her laps and pats and watching her play with all the other cats and climb trees and chase birds (special birds that don't mind being chased).
            I know for a fact they're sitting there all playing with each other. They're just hanging out, waiting on us for when we show up.

Its like this cartoon here: http://i.imgur.com/4Ye6bMR.jpg
            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I'm so sorry, Seshat. Seph looks so much like my old Slyvester (not misspelled) that it brought back a lot of memories of him.

*hugs* from myself and Mrs. Crossbow.
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

/hugs
                I'm sorry for your loss, but I give you major props for ending her suffering.

Comment

Thank you, Akasa.

We wanted her end to be as swift and painless as possible, when it happened. We'd declared that the ideal was for her to stroke out or something in her sleep.

The vet was gentle and caring, however. I think it was the second best death she could have had. Surrounded by her family, and with a caring vet administering the needle.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Seshat, I'm so sorry. It hurts so much, letting them go, but as you said, she was surrounded by love and that's what we would all hope for.
                    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

She seemed absolutely fine the night before.

Damnit, she's supposed to be on my lap right now.

and yes, I really appreciate all the support. I just keep commenting here because D and A are both grieving too, and I don't want to throw MY grief all over THEM. But they don't know what I'm typing, so I can grieve here and each of you who sends support helps me heal, and takes a small part of the burden; rather than me dumping burden all over the other two who knew her best and loved her most.

I don't know if that makes any sense.

But I have felt many of you to be friends for a very long time, and mutual shoulder-crying .. well. I've told a lot of people - here and elsewhere over the years - that shoulders require tears. It keeps them lubricated.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                        I don't know if that makes any sense.
                        It makes perfect sense. Comfort in, dump out. We're here as long as you need us.
                        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

So sorry to hear about the loss of your dear little furbaby. Big hugs to the whole family. Most of us have BTDT, and it never gets any easier.

She's free from pain now and will be waiting at the other end of the Rainbow Bridge for you.

<<Hugs>>

Comment

I am so sorry. I'm including the link to a poem I found when my Siamese mix had to be put down. It's called "The Rainbow Bridge". I'll warn you to have tissues handy when you read it. Even today it brings tears to my eyes.

http://www.petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm
                            That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

I'm so sorry, Seshat. It's never easy to let them go.
                              "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                                It makes perfect sense. Comfort in, dump out. We're here as long as you need us.
                                Bookmarked. I'll re-read it when I'm not in a centre ring: it looks very, very useful.

And it's why my instinct is not to dump on D or A: they're both in the centre ring too.

Thank you.

Spark, when you're reading this: your painting of Seph is giving me great comfort. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X