This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't confirm

So yesterday I was working the reservations desk at The Resort on our second day open.

SC calls up wanting to verify her reservation and request a room in a specific area. Sure, no problem. Except she gives me the wrong name and date, and now she's mad at me.

SC: "I have a confirmation!"
    Me: "Do you have the number?"
    SC: "I don't have it on me, my husband does! I'll go ask him, but you better not put me on hold!"
    Me: "Don't worry, ma'am. I'm not putting you on hold. I'm still looking for your reservation on my end, so I'll still be here."
    SC: "I can't be put on hold! Okay, I'll be back."

I hear her in the background screaming at her husband. I can't hear what her husband is saying, but I hear her scream "We're NOT going on the 28th! We're going on the 29th! I can't believe this!.... No, we're NOT!!!"

So on a whim, I check the 28th, and lo and behold, I see the reservation with the same surname but different first name. So I wait for her to return to the phone...and wait...and wait...

Once she finally returns, she says her reservation is for the 28th instead.

Me: "Okay, I think I found it. Is your name [Jane]?"
    SC: "Yes, but it should be under [Joe]."
    Me: "Well, I have one under [Jane] that matches what you described."
    SC: "Well it shouldn't be. He should have...oh well, that's probably it."

So we go through so she can verify everything. I put in her requests, and she was all sunshine and roses again until we got to the rate, because what I had and what she had didn't match.

A bit of background: unbeknownst to me at the time, the web interface and our interface weren't lining up quite right, and some rates were coming through incorrectly.

So I ask her to forward me her confirmation so I can verify the rate and honor it.

SC: "No! I'm not sending you anything!"
    Me: "I just need to see what you see, because for some reason I'm not seeing it here. So if you could just forward it to..."
    SC: "No! I'm not sending you anything! You need to fix this NOW! I can't do this, talk to my husband."
    SCH: "Yes?"
    Me: "So as I was telling [Jane], if you could just send me the confirmation showing the rate you got..."
    SCH: "No, we're not sending you anything. It's the same rate on your website. Go look it up!"

I go look it up. What's on the website now for those dates is $10 more a night than what I have in my system for them, and about $25 more a night than what they say they have.

I explain this to SCH, and he makes me go back to the homepage and walk through it with him again. When we finally get to the same rates together...

SCH: "You changed it!"
    Me: "The computer automatically adjusts the rates based on demand and availability. Now, I would be more than happy to honor the rates your received in your confirmation. I just need you to email them to my supervisor so she can fix the rates, and I can have her call you back by 5pm to confirm everything."
    SCH: "No, we're not sending you anything!"

At this point, we've been going in circles for 30 minutes. In that time, they could have forwarded the email and gotten it fixed.

I honestly don't remember how I got them off the phone, but I somehow did.

They called back about 20 minutes later asking for my CW.

Me: "[CW] is busy now. May I take a message, or maybe I can help you?"
    SC: "Well, I need to talk with her now. I have an appointment to get to."
    Me: "As I said, she's busy with another guest, so I can..."
    SC: "Look, she better get not busy, because I NEED to talk to her! [Starts explaining her problem, and I recognize her as the SC I talked to earlier]."
    Me: "Ma'am, I believe we spoke earlier. I asked you to send us your confirmation of your rate, no?"
    SC: "Oh, that was you? Oh yes, I think it was, hi!" *suddenly roses and sweetness again*
    Me: "Okay, which email did you send it to?"
    SC: "The main one."
    Me: "Okay, my supervisor would have access to that. I will notify her and have her call you back before 5pm."
    SC: "Okay. Well, I have to go to an appointment, and you have to let the phone ring for a while before it goes to voicemail."
    Me: "No problem. I will forewarn her of that and make sure she leaves you a message if you aren't home."
    SC: "Thank you, dear!"

After I hung up, another CW overheard that portion and was able to show me where to find their quoted rate on their res and how to fix the system screw-up to get them their proper rate. I called back and apologized and confirmed the proper rate.

And a sighting...

I don't recall the full details of this guests complaint, but she called back seven times.

We have a deal where you fill out a survey and can purchase a voucher to get a special rate. It's a very good deal, however (1) it's an online-only promotion, so you must book online using the promo code to get it, and (2) you MUST present the voucher at check-in, otherwise you will be charged the full rate for your stay.

SC called wanting to change her reservation for this coming weekend, which CW does. SC wanted to use the voucher for a couple more nights later in the year, and was informed that the voucher was good for up to four consecutive nights only. SC then insisted that she did not need the voucher. Then she said she lost the voucher. Then she said she'd already been charged for the stay. Then she wanted an email confirming that she had a zero-balance. (Our own emails aren't set-up yet, and the supervisors are super-busy with the opening, so yeah...)

I know at one point CW had to bring in the AGM. I could only hear his side of the conversation.
    AGM: "Okay, well if you can bring in a statement showing you have been charged already, then we will honor that."
    AGM: *silent on phone for a solid five minutes, at least*
    AGM: "Ma'am, okay...ma'am, I am sorry to interrupt, but as I said..."

Shortly before I left, she called back (her 7th time) and got a different CW than the one who had been dealing with her. This CW was finally able to explain that we had SC's credit card number, but we hadn't charged her room to it yet.

I'm not sure SC fully got it, though. Or, she fully gets it, but I fully expect to hear about more calls from her.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    They called back about 20 minutes later asking for my CW.

Me: "[CW] is busy now. May I take a message, or maybe I can help you?"
    SC: "Well, I need to talk with her now. I have an appointment to get to."
    Me: "As I said, she's busy with another guest, so I can..."
    SC: "Look, she better get not busy, because I NEED to talk to her!
    I wonder how the SC would take it if she were dealing with a customer service rep who abandoned her in order to deal with another customer who NEEDED to deal with the rep NOW.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
    X