X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Than a Pizza

Had this so many times I can't count:

Someone will call in and order, for example, a large combination, 2 orders of rolls, a chef salad and a six pack of soda. When I quote the price they exclaim: "THAT much for a PIZZA?!!"

Yeah. A PIZZA and about a dozen other things.

Usually it's followed by them wanting me to break down the price of every item THEY'VE ordered.

Then asking what toppings come on the pizza.

Then cancelling items.

Then me re figuring the total and thinking how much time could have been saved if they would've just asked how much each item was before placing their order

But I suspect their overboard objection was my cue to lower the price....which I have no control over
    I don't like your attitude!
    Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

That's like the people who come and buy a sh*t ton of groceries and "only have this much" in their account so they have to put half of it back. Of which I don't have room to put it all under the register. Can't stand that. Pay attention to what you spend, people!!!
    Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

But.. but, that would be personal responsibility and an SC can't have that, now can they?!

Seriously, it's not that hard. I realize that you can't take your shoes off in the store to keep up with the amount you're spending. But you know what? There's this little invention called a calculator that will do all the really hard parts for you. All you gotta do is put the numbers in and hit the little + or - buttons.

I admit, I suck at math, but when I go shopping, I round everything UP to the nearest whole dollar. That way, I normally hit the tax dead on too!
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

At our place (which is particularly expensive Pizza), this happens ALL. THE. TIME.

Look, if you want cheap Pizza, there's dominos and little Ceasars around, bother them.

Though I particularly hate people who hear how much it was, and then demand to know if we have any specials or coupons. I'm a sucker, so I tell them what our special is and where you can find coupons online, but that never seems to satisfy them. WHat they want is 20 dollar pizza at 10 dollar prices.

Comment

Quoth zigcat View Post
          When I quote the price they exclaim: "THAT much for a PIZZA?!!"
          I was once (ONCE!) the customer is that sort of situation -- but the price came out to $70 (!) for 2 pizzas (!!!). I made the poor schlub at the pizza joint explain to me EXACTLY how that worked out. (Yes, I still got the pizzas. Highly unusual circumstances; I normally get the el cheapo $5 pizza.)
          Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
          OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
          she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
          Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
            I was once (ONCE!) the customer is that sort of situation -- but the price came out to $70 (!) for 2 pizzas (!!!). I made the poor schlub at the pizza joint explain to me EXACTLY how that worked out. (Yes, I still got the pizzas. Highly unusual circumstances; I normally get the el cheapo $5 pizza.)
            That is a bit much for two pizzas. Most expensive pizza around her is still only 35 for 2 larges .

Comment

Quoth cashierbex View Post
              That is a bit much for two pizzas. Most expensive pizza around her is still only 35 for 2 larges .
              Normally, yeah, but they were some sort of unusual specialty pizza (don't remember the details) and that $70 included a delivery fee (which I forgot to mention previously...)
              Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
              OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
              she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
              Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                Our prices can get that high. When an XL Specialty runs at 28 dollars, adding extra cheese or an extra topping, taxes and delivery fees can get it to that pretty quick.

Comment

Was I the only one who read the title to Boston singing More Than a Feeling ... ?

Quoth zigcat View Post
                  *snip*.

Then me re figuring the total and thinking how much time could have been saved if they would've just asked how much each item was before placing their order
                  *snip*
                  Or stopped by your place and picked up a takeout menu.

Or looked your menu up on the internet.

But of course either of those would require effort on their part.

Quoth MelindaJoy77 View Post
                  That's like the people who come and buy a sh*t ton of groceries and "only have this much" in their account so they have to put half of it back. *snip*
                  I used to get the ones who said, "Stop me when I get to $XX." Annoying, but at least I didn't have to start deducting stuff ... although in a few rare cases, the Annoying Customer would suddenly decide that some of the stuff that had already been rung through wasn't what they really wanted, while some of the stuff still sitting in their buggy was ...

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                    Was I the only one who read the title to Boston singing More Than a Feeling ... ?
                    Nope. I did as well. And that inspired THIS:

"I called up this evening but Zigcat was gone.
                    Ordered a pizza to start my night.
                    I lost myself cause I ordered it wrong.
                    I opened my mouth and started a fight...

It's more than a pizza, because I ordered it with random shit (more than a pizza).
                    I wanna be eating (more than a pizza).
                    'Till I see the pizza guy walkin' this way.
                    I see my pizza guy walkin' this way..."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                      But how large were those pizzas? What toppings were on them? Was this a place known for being sparse or generous with their toppings? So many factors go into determining the price. What we pay our suppliers and the quality of food we're getting from them, what food and labor costs we're running. (At our place it's pretty high food costs) Plus, it's not like comparing the price of Twinkies (Yay! They're back!) They're exactly the same everywhere, so you're going to pay about the same price for them no matter WHERE you get them from.

Our largest pizza is an 18". It will feed about six people. For that size, the most expensive combo is about $35.00 about $6.00 per person. I just paid that much at a Wendy's drive-thru. Our pizzas are generously topped without being overkill.

That's why I say "Because it's worth it" When someone asks why it's so much.

Now I don't begrudge where people spend their money. It depends on what you want. If I want a good hearty burger I'll go to the local burger joint where I know I'll be spending upwards of $10 for a combo meal. If I want something to just fill the gullet, I'll get something off one of the national chain's $.99 value menu. But I'm not going to tell the local burger joint they're too expensive or that I can get it cheaper somewhere else.

You really DO get what you pay for.
                      Last edited by zigcat; 08-18-2013, 08:34 AM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        Nope. I did as well. And that inspired THIS:

"I called up this evening but Zigcat was gone.
                        Ordered a pizza to start my night.
                        I lost myself cause I ordered it wrong.
                        I opened my mouth and started a fight...

It's more than a pizza, because I ordered it with random shit (more than a pizza).
                        I wanna be eating (more than a pizza).
                        'Till I see the pizza guy walkin' this way.
                        I see my pizza guy walkin' this way..."
                        THAT. WAS. AWESOME!!!!

Comment

Quoth zigcat View Post
                          THAT. WAS. AWESOME!!!!
                          Don't know how long you've been here, but I've been known to do song parodies here and there. One of my talents. One of my more unmarketable talents, sure, but still a talent.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth zigcat View Post
                            THAT. WAS. AWESOME!!!!
                            Jester's parodies are ever ready... they've got lots of sustain...
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Don't know how long you've been here, but I've been known to do song parodies here and there. One of my talents. One of my more unmarketable talents, sure, but still a talent.
                              Speaking of song parodies, I came up with a Midnight Oil inspired parody about a co-worker addicted to Twitter. It's short but to the point

"Why does he text while the pizza's turnin'
                              How can he tweet while the breads are burnin?"

Comment

Working...
                              X