Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lol. Oh man, we've been having a treasure trove of SC's lately.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol. Oh man, we've been having a treasure trove of SC's lately.

I can't remember them all but here's a couple for you...

Last week, we had a girl staying with us and she was having alot of men go in and out of her room. The thing is, so long as no ones causing trouble, we can't do anything about it.

I actually received a phone call from someone who wouldn't say his name that said, and I quote "There's a hooking staying in Room **"

Finally, she leaves and housekeeping goes in and they find dozens of needles in the garbage can under the bag.

Yep, she's banned. And so is her "friend" that stayed with her part of the stay.

We didn't know until yesterday but she has two friends staying in another room too. Yep, they're leaving today whether they want to or not. We let them stay last night but only because it would have been more work that it's worth to get them out. They were due to check out today and check out they will.

And the latest gem... the married guest in one of our rooms brought a hooker back to his room last night. He woke up to find his car keys gone. And his car. Which I had just to laugh at.

It's the summer rates that are the culprit. Because the entire city is so desperate to make money during August and September, our rates are, barely above break rate (that's the rate it costs per night per room to keep the hotel running).

Most of the hotels in the city are running at the same rate we are, but we provide breakfast so we've been almost full most of the summer while the other hotels are suffering.

Can't wait till we can raise the rates. It will raise the level of guests too. I also think it would be a good thing to tell them that we MUST have payment through credit card. At a previous hotel that I worked for, changing that raised the level of customers and we no longer had issues, but the owner won't let us do it.

Oh boy, hookers and hotels go together like PB&J don't they? I worked at a couple hotels several years back, and we required a credit card to stay. The people that came in with no credit card and just cash, versus the people that had a credit card was like night and day. There were quite a few people I'm glad we turned down because they only had cash. Obviously there are exceptions but for the most part, people with cash were trouble makers (especially if there were locals with just cash). The first motel I worked at didn't require cards, so the clientele there was less than desirable for sure.

Comment

I would develop a good relationship with your local PD. Several times if we suspected prostitution at the motel we'd call and let them know. There's little you can do unless you can prove it, but sometimes the PD would recognize the name and want to set up a sting op, and then we could get rid of them. Even if they didn't, having a few extra patrols through the parking lot doesn't hurt.

I love the people who think an anonymous call to the FD is going to do anything. If you have helpful information, then you need to call the PD because they're going to want YOU to talk to them. Having the hotel call the PD and say "Yeah, some random dude called and said X room is blah blah blah" isn't going to be even remotely useful.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth lvceline View Post
        Oh boy, hookers and hotels go together like PB&J don't they?
        There are a few local motels where literally every call I've ever received from them were hookers. Even had a few offers of... uh... "business trades". Nope, sorry, that won't pay my bills.
        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
        OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
        she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
        Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Well, an update on that first woman.

One of our clerks put her into the system and didn't check the DO NOT RENT list before she did it. She then called us and had to go up to the room to tell her she had to leave immediately. She refunded the money and told her not to come back.

Comment

It wasn't all thaaaat long ago (a decade, maybe) that the New Orleans area instituted a ban on "no-tell motels"/hourly room rentals, especially down on Airline ~_~ The idea being, to force the places to at least pretend that ladies of the evening were not their primary clientele.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

lol. Eric. Yeah, we don't have those kinds of rates. But it's hard to stop the hookers without knowing for sure that's what they're doing. It's kind of like the police... without proof, we can't do anything.

Comment

Working...
              X