This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
    sirwired, thank you for the mental image of Irv near killing a guy on a bicycle wanting to pick up an entertainment stand or dining set or something.
    Honestly, I think I'd be too busy laughing to kill him.

Like full on point and laugh and be all "Hay look at the idiot on the bike who wants to take home his patio set with it!"
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      Honestly, I think I'd be too busy laughing to kill him.

Like full on point and laugh and be all "Hay look at the idiot on the bike who wants to take home his patio set with it!"
      And instead you'll kill his ego with your laughter.

Back to the OP: Supreme Being, eh? Somebody forgot to tell her that the position was taken over years ago.

Besides, if she really had a law degree, then she should have been able to tell you what section of law that BS would have been located in or at least give you a case name to look it up under.

IE, the only degree she probably has is a BS.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

A quote from a movie. I believe it was "Accepted"

"You can take that PhD and shove it up you A-S-S"

Yes, she prolly doesn't have a PhD but it still works here.

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
          CCG: Is there anything else mam?
          SB: He was rude to me. Fire him.
          CCG: How was he rude to you?
          SB: He was rude. Fire him.
          CCG: I will be sure to bring that to my managers attention. She will deal with the situation. (Translate: You are a liar and I will never mention that to my manager.
          Reminds me of a call I had a few weeks ago. Delinquent-premium guy (DPG) had been getting notices that his insurance premium was at least 10 days late, and needed to be paid by the end of the month, otherwise the policy would be cancelled. He routinely (for the past year) paid just by the skin of his teeth, and at least once or twice it was after the cutoff, meaning we had to look at a goodwill reinstatement.

Well....last business day of the month (big surprise there ) he shows up to make the payment. The gal working our walk-in office explained to him why he kept getting these late notices. The payment is due on the first of the month. If it's not in by the 10th, we send that "reminder" letter. DPG was upset because he kept getting these letters. Our walk-in person explained if we had the payment in before the tenth of the month, he wouldn't get these letters, and he wouldn't have to be in our office trying to beat the clock to get his payment in.

So, after this visit, he calls our 800#, and gets me, (oh joy...shoot me now). He wants to complain about our walk-in person because she was "rude". I ask the normal questions, but he doesn't know the "rude" person's name, and can't explain exactly how she was so rude. I let him know that I will gladly forward the information on to a supervisor, but without knowing who it was, or how they were "rude", there's really not much I can pass along.

Surprisingly, DPG decided he no longer wanted to pursue the matter.

The thing is, I know exactly who it is, and rude is the exact opposite of this person. Apparently just letting someone know that you can avoid delinquency letters by paying your bills on time is "rude".
          That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth brucetiki View Post
            Was one of SB's degrees a Bachelor of Arts (major: Wanker)
            Also a Bachelor of Science or a BS degree.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

With so many degrees in such varied topics, how come she didn't know the circumstances under which she could sue? Gah, people!
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Ha,

If that sucky customer actually had a law degree, wouldn't she be practicing it? I mean, it's not like being a lawyer pays more than a shipping clerk is it? Oh wait.....
                There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                  What would a practicing lawyer be doing shipping pallets of packages?
                  Perhaps the pallets were loaded with his legal briefs.

I don't know why they call them briefs considering how long they can be.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Nemesis44UK View Post
                    Ha,

If that sucky customer actually had a law degree, wouldn't she be practicing it? I mean, it's not like being a lawyer pays more than a shipping clerk is it? Oh wait.....
                    I seem to recall reading somewhere that there is currently a glut of lawyers...

Comment

Supposedly, one of my fellow delivery drivers at Mom and Pop Pizza Shop in the early 90s also held several college degrees. He was foreign-born and didn't talk all that much...I think some people were a bit afraid of him, lol. But there he was, delivering pizza in a VERY beat up and barely running Datsun from the 70s. He even refused to do some other things most of the other drivers had to do at the shop when not on deliveries, such as prepare some of the food - and because he was who he was, nobody forced him. I wonder whatever happened to him...anyway, apparently his degrees didn't do him much good! (Come to think of it, neither did my Engineering degree.)
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Suing

I remember one person threatening to sue a bunch us on the USENET when we all agreed she was wrong about something.

She posted back that she was a lawyer and knew what she was doing, and we were all doomed!!!!

However, one of the members of the group lived in the same city as her and looked her up under lawyers in the phone book.

And she really was a lawyer ------ A REAL ESTATE LAWYER.

She confirmed contracts for buying and selling houses.

In terms of suing a group of people scattered over the internet her degrees meant NOTHING!

Comment

HER: "Do you know how many degrees I have?"
                          ME: "No. Do YOU know how many degrees of patience I have with you?"
                          HER: "Wait, whu....huh...well, no."
                          ME: "At this point, zero."
                          *CLICK*

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                            sirwired, thank you for the mental image of Irv near killing a guy on a bicycle wanting to pick up an entertainment stand or dining set or something. Of course, you're probably not far off. As to Degree Wench in the first story, I smell a big fat liar. Either that, or they're all the lowest level degree one can get in certain fields, because she kept changing her mind what she wanted to do. I suspect she's a liar, though, and a stupid one with zero common sense at that.
                            Meh, I have been in the labor market since I was 16 and have worked in a number of different industries, and attended uni several different times and am considering going back yet again and adding a different degree [as if poly sci and paralegal aren't different enough on top of machine technology.] Just because someone has multiple different degrees and certifications doesn't mean they can't make up their minds, it can mean [like me] they had one job and went to school for something they actually wanted to do, and then had to retrain yet again later to adjust for the job market.

[I started working in a machine shop, and had to train for it because my Dad declared that at the age of 15 I was going to work and no longer get an allowance. Then I wanted to get into a different field I would rather not discuss 'when I grew up' and after I got the degree ended up in a bad relationship that derailed my life for a number of years, and an accident that made me disabled so I couldn't work in my original trade , I needed to get into something that was more desk work hence the paralegal. The bottom of the job market dropped out for pink collar workers and I would rather not get a law degree because there are too many damned lawyers in the country. I am considering retraining as an architect so I can open up as an ADA consultant and advise hotels and offices on making offices, rooms and buildings *actually* ADA compliant.] In my work career I have worked as an inside/outside mechanic and hazmat tech for a major chemical company, an ASE qualified nuclear mechanic for Henze-Movats, an answering service operator, a security guard, a DJ, a bar back, trained and worked as a french chef [3 years I both loved and hated at the same time] various industry customer service, a forensic accountant [at least I put my minor to work there] and I used the paralegal and accounting training to volunteer at a womans shelter helping to deal with paperwork.
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                              I'm not such a prude that I have to ask the name of every driver that I meet.

Am I missing something that would have this make sense?
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                                SB: Do you know how many degrees I have?
                                Buying them off the internet doesn't count.

Comment

Working...
                                X