This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
    Typically, I find Canadians to be the most docile of North American breeds. It takes a lot to get one to bite.
    You obviously haven't gotten between a Canadian and their poutine. Do that and talk to me about biting.
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
      That's been happening at regular schools in our area. Kids are breaking in, then turning the fire hose on and flooding the buildings, usually just before returning from a school holiday. Little bastards.
      I wish I'd thought of that.
      "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Anonymous

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual." - Dr. House

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        Time Travel

Caller ID: "2010"

Wow, a phone call from the FUTURE! What does the future sound like you ask? Kind of like someone ringing a fire alarm from the bottom of a well. Then it hung up.

The future hung up on me. That can't be a good omen.
        Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        It wasn't the future. It was a fangirl. Not me, though. My cellphone and I aren't getting along right now.

I don't believe that.
        Um........yeah....that would be me! Sorry to worry ya.

And I agree with Becky, you're not a jerk. You just call it like you see it!

Quoth wagegoth View Post
        In the U.S., political groups were doing that same thing, but the messages would tell you to vote for the other side. The idea being, you'd be so pissed off at wanker calling you at 3:00 a.m., that you would vote for the candidate who was actually making the calls. (They're all wankers.)
        Last Presidential election, I think I got a total of about 40 political calls on election day. A few days before, I got one from one of our former governors around midnight about something to do with old people legislation (don't remember what). Didn't bother me, but might've done to some of the old people that they were wanting to vote for it! And you're right about them being wankers. Well, most of 'em, we've actually got one good one. Just one.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
          *pokes Writer Cath with a stick*

*Catches stick between teeth, starts swinging*
          "Being crazy was the only thing that kept me from going insane."
          - Raven

Comment

Is it bad that I've gotten to the point where I go "Ooh! A GK post! Gottareadit!!"

... I'm not a fangirl...
            Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

20 units? Wow. What were they doing? Just knocking on people's doors at random then telling them they get to drink from the fire hose?

( Brownie points as always....easy ones too. )
              Must've found a lot of marbles in the oatmeal.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                well i believe part of it is low cute shirts and makeout seasons....
                Oh and the 'sweet voice'!!
                Low cut shirts and makeout sessions ... with the SCs??? Um, ew. I definitely don't get paid enough for that!

The sweet voice I can do ... the rest, not so much. And at this point, the sweet voice is failing me ... gotta go out drinking/karaoke tonight so I can erase this entire f'ing day!

All I heard, all day, was the Branch Manager going, "Hey Heroine, can you fix this? Hey, Heroine, how do I do this? Hey, Heroine, what should we do about this?" etc. haha We ... I just love the "we," which really means "you."

And then, one of our substitute clerks waived fines for a patron yesterday that were in Debt Collection status ... a BIG no-no. And then she waits till this morning to tell me! I'm like, hello ... I was right here, yesterday ... why didn't come get me to take care of it? So, now I have to figure out how to fix it. Well, I emailed the people in charge of Debt Collection asking them what should I do, please just tell me how can I fix this and I'll do it. If I have to add the charges back, just say so, and then I'll call the patron to let her know.

All I get back is, "We'll take care of it for you." Exactly a 7 word email. So, I check the patron's record and all the fines were put back on and it was forced back into Debt Collection, with a note saying it was a mistake to waive them. Um ... ok. Here's the kicker -- I bet they didn't contact the patron to let her know that us waiving the fines was a mistake and she's being charged again, cause everything they do is always half-ass. I replied, thanking them profusely for taking care of the situation, and oh ... btw, I hope the patron wasn't very angry when they contacted her to tell her that the fines were waived mistakenly and she still owes the library some money.

Just can't wait to hear back! I really hope I'm wrong ... I really hope they contacted the patron by phone and aren't planning on just sending her a bill, instead. The reason the sub waived the fines is because she had emergency surgery, which I explained to them. Actually, if she had brought her discharge papers or hospital bill or some sort of verification, it could have been legitimately waived. But the sub was like, oh, the lady showed me her scar, so that seemed ok with me.

I'm really gonna get sloshed tonight.
                I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Quoth ShadedWings View Post
                  Is it bad that I've gotten to the point where I go "Ooh! A GK post! Gottareadit!!"

... I'm not a fangirl...
                  no not at all. Actually, I can't say anything....I became a Gravekeeper fangirl while I was just silently reading posts.

Not to scare the poor man or anything but I literally have been known to either squeal or gasp or clap my hands when I see a new Gravekeeper post. Or all three. I even consider getting up and doing a jig but then my family would definatley call the men in white coats.

And I will be late to work if I come across one while I'm getting ready.

No I swear I'm not insane....not totally
                  Yes- I'm the supervisor today
                  Yes I'm young
                  Get Over It.....and have a nice day

Comment

( Lesbian super powers ACTIVATE! )

Here's hoping the apartment manager got the living hell kicked out of him when he got there.

As for the bite guy, I don't quite understand now he's the one being detained if someone else bit him. Is that some kind of law up there? Bite an American and have them arrested Day or something?
                    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post

Here's hoping the apartment manager got the living hell kicked out of him when he got there.

As for the bite guy, I don't quite understand now he's the one being detained if someone else bit him. Is that some kind of law up there? Bite an American and have them arrested Day or something?
                      My dear twin, you're being too optimistic. I've never once had these dumbasses tell me the full truth when they're in custody. So I'm guessing the bite was a response to him smacking her or something. If she had just bit him, it'd be assault by our laws actually. -.-

No way did he land domestic abuse unless he slapped her around or something. So I'm guessing he got exactly what he deserved.

Comment

Quoth Ill_Used_Heroine View Post
                        <snip>
                        *MOD EDIT - Please edit quotes. We already read the whole thing and don't need to read it again.
                        HMMMMM then i guess you should have switched from low power to high power and gone 'Rosie' on them!
                        Last edited by Ree; 09-01-2007, 12:47 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

My dear twin, you're being too optimistic.
                          Ack, my mistake. Since the shift change, I now work with a really awesome group of people and my new sup rocks, so I've been all cheery and everything all week.

I'm sure it'll wear off sooner or later and I'll be consumed by hate in due time.
                          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

... I'm not a fangirl...
                            It's not bad at all. Well, maybe we shold let GK answer that.

Quoth jigshoes86 View Post
                            And I will be late to work if I come across one while I'm getting ready.

No I swear I'm not insane....not totally
                            I'm the same way.

And I think GK tries to time his posts so I'm either getting ready for work, or already at work.

Very rarely is there a new post for me to read before I get ready for work. Yesterday was an exception, which is why I had the first reply.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                              Ack, my mistake. Since the shift change, I now work with a really awesome group of people and my new sup rocks, so I've been all cheery and everything all week.

I'm sure it'll wear off sooner or later and I'll be consumed by hate in due time.
                              Oh, no, you'll still post stuff, right?

and I always look for Gravekeeper posts, and I get disappointed when there isn't one and I realized it's his day off.
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

... I'm not a fangirl...
                                Same here!

I'm sure you can get a Canadian to bite . . . just put them on a Skytrain with 16-17 insanely stupid kids . . . I'm sure one of them is bound to lose an arm or two . . .

- and -

I have the ability to get a bad sunburn on an overcast/cloudy day - I like to think of that as a superpower. . .
                                This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X