Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hysterical call (warning-naughty word)

Bit of background- My mom is a United Methodist minister. I help her out sometimes. In addition to my mom's pastoring, she is involved in some community groups. One is the Community Land Trust, often referred to by its initals, C.L. T. , but NEVER as the one lady did.
    As a favor, I filled in to answer the church phones one day.

Me: obvious
    ROL: Really old-sounding lady

Me: Good morning, Methodist Church, can I help you?
    ROL: Yes, I'd like more information about the clit.
    Me: (this lady sounded way too old for this to be a prank call) Excuse me?
    ROL: The clit! I'd like more information about the clit!
    Me: Um....(thinking about how she should probably have known about this by now, and why call a church?)(also having a flash fantasy about explaining in detail about anatomy and sexual behavior)
    ROL: Isn't the pastor there the head of the clit?
    Me: (slowly figuring this out) Do you mean the Community Land Trust?
    ROL: Yes! The Clit! Don't you call it that?
    Me: No, no we don't. (trying hard not to break into hysterical laughter) I'll have to have the pastor call you back...

I left it up to my mom to call the lady and explain all about the clit. And the CLT. And delightfully told everyone I know about the perverse call I got from an old lady.

That is awesome. I hope she says stuff like that in public...
    The icon is a bunny with a spiked collar from some carpet ad.

Comment

Wow, I don't know what I would have done in your situation! However, I know I just had to put serious effort into not bursting out laughing in the middle of class just now.

Comment

I would have suggested for her to call her GYN doc and gave her the number to one.
        Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

Oh goodness . . . ignorance is bliss, I guess . . . or giggles for other people . . .

Welcome to the boards, Kristy1977!
          ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Oh my God that's almost as good as someone asking my old pastor about the Genitals (obviously they meant Gentiles)

That's hilarious......poor ignorant soul......
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

No ma'am, we ain't the clit, but you're the clot.
              Last edited by Ree; 09-25-2007, 01:42 AM.

Comment

OK, guys, we have had to remove two posts so far, (both reported by different members), because of the joking suggestions to substitute the word "cult", since it's a church.

No more, please.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Kristy1977 View Post
                  Bit of background- My mom is a United Methodist minister. I help her out sometimes. In addition to my mom's pastoring, she is involved in some community groups. One is the Community Land Trust, often referred to by its initals, C.L. T. , but NEVER as the one lady did.
                  CLT is also the airport code for Charlotte-Douglas International Airport. I could never look at that when I was getting my associates degree in travel and tourism without thinking about how that could be turned into something scandalously naughty with the addition of a single vowel.
                  Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I'm reminded of the South Park episode when Officer Barbrady is looking "the little man in the boat."
                    I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

OMG!! Did you seriously get through this conversation without having to put her on hold or hit the mute button?

Props to you! I've been working customer service for years, and judging from my reaction just READING this, I would have been nearly catatonic from holding in my laughter.
                      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

You should've explained the differance. one IRK thud later...

Comment

Reminds me of several years ago when the corporation I worked for was having a compnay picnic. They made name tags for everyone present, all in capital letters. One guy I worked with was named Clint, however, when they made his nametag, the mistook the LI for a U, so, at the picnic , he was, of course, C*NT!

Comment

This thread reminds me of the time several years ago that my family was getting settled for the midnight Christmas Eve church service. We were looking through the program, and realized that there was a slight typo. Instead of "Angels we Have Heard on High", there was one little misspelled word. It actually read "Angels we Have Hard on High". I just kept thinking must not laugh, must not laugh, must not laugh, all through the service.
                            That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth hecubus View Post
                              Reminds me of several years ago when the corporation I worked for was having a compnay picnic. They made name tags for everyone present, all in capital letters. One guy I worked with was named Clint, however, when they made his nametag, the mistook the LI for a U, so, at the picnic , he was, of course, C*NT!
                              I had a coworker at my last job named Clint. We called him Clit. He did not appreciate it.
                              I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Working...
                              X