Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a "few" from the last week (long winded)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a "few" from the last week (long winded)

A true case of NO = Rude
    I swear people are getting really really stupid about large bills lately.

I got a real whiner tonight

Get dispatched on a double. I hit the first stop. Hurry up the steps and knock on the door. Woman appears with a 6 year old tagging right behind her. I read off the order and tell her the total $35.38.

She proceeds to hand me a $100 bill. I hand the bill back and politely inform her that I do not have near enough change on me as we are only allowed to carry $20 on us at any time. I also, again politely tell her that I am not allowed by our safety and security policy to go and get change.

BUT THAT IS ALL I HAVE.

I am very sorry but there is nothing I can do.

Mean while the 6 year old is jumping up and down yelling "PIZZA PIZZA>>>>I want my pizza" over and over.

Mom looks over at him and says HE (meaning me the BIG MEANIE) won't let us have it. (thanks lady for making ME the bad guy) and we "might have to order more food". (you have GOT TO BE KIDDING me. You are going to order $50 MORE in food just so you can cash that $100 bill??????? MUST be nice to have that kind of money to throw away)

WE go back and forth a few more times but in the end I left with the order. As soon as I am in my car I call the store to inform them of the circumstances. It appears the lady was quicker than I was as she was already on the phone complaining about the situation and informing the MOD of how "RUDE" I was .

Ultimately she canceled the order by the time I arrived back at the store.

Get your instructions RIGHT
    One of my first deliveries tonight involved someone leaving very specific instructions for delivery.

As in: "Please call when you arrive and I will meet you at the door"

Not an unusual request as the location was at a private dining club and the street the business is on has a street festival going on out front at the time.

I arrive at the location and call. Pops right into voice mail (not a good sign). Then wait. And wait.

Call again and leave another voice message.

Finally I knock on the door. What appeared to be the main host answers the door. I inquire if someone ordered pizza. They give me a strange look and asks for a name. I tell them the name on the ticket. He then disappears into the business. and I wait some more. About 5 minutes later the person who orders appears, signs the CC slip and I hand him the order.

IF you are going to be specific with instructions such as "Call when you arrive" ANSWER YOUR DAMN PHONE.

Get your stuff together BEFORE you order

We received an order for 1819 South B St. Apt. #4. They claimed this address was a house.

I noticed the delivery slip with the address on it as I was dispatching myself on another order.

Now if this address was correct it would place the house smack in the middle of a VERY large manufacturing plant. I bring this to the attention of the MOD and ask him to call the customer back and verify the address.

When I get back to the store the MOD tells me the customer is insistent that this is the CORRECT address. I tell the MOD that is impossible because that address does NOT exist as it would be in the middle of the plant.

OK NOW we think this may be a misdirected order that might go to a sister store to the south of us as they also have South B. street. The address range "overlaps" because they are in another township and the address ranges mimic some of our address ranges. We proceed to call said sister store who inform us that their residencal addresses start at 2200 S. B St.

Call the customer back and ask them to please verify the address again. They tell us the SAME address. I inform them that that address does not exist and could they please verify the address with either someone at the house OR could they please go outside and physically look at the address on the building.

OH I am sorry the address is 1318 South B St..

A find example of Customer Standard Time

Later on during the night (near midnight) we get a little busy. As I am coming back from a run, the server comes running out of the driver door exclaiming "GET in here and take this order. I got this woman on the phone and she is screaming at me that her order is LATE!!!!!>".

Now I know we did get a little busy but no orders were near late. I get inside, tag in and check the screen for the "offending" order. I notice the Late order still has 10 friggin minutes till the promised ETA.

Fine I will deal with this. I grab the order, and dispatch myself and proceed to the hotel right behind us.

I call the room (as per the hotels policy as they do not let us go to the individual rooms) and ask the customer to please come to the lobby desk and pick up their order. The woman immediately cops a very bad attitude by informing me that that I am VERY late and she is NOT happy and NOW she has to wake her small children up so she can feed them ( AT MIDNIGHT??????)

I really did not have the energy to inform her her order was NOT late as she was quoted 40 minutes for delivery AND I and ACTUALLY here 10 minutes EARLY.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

You missed a golden opportunity on that last one. You absolutely should have corrected that woman about the fact that you were early, not late, not very late, but early. Screw her.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

My theory about $100 bills is this - more people these days either don't trust banks, can't get a bank account, and/or work under the table. At least, that's what the deal seems to be in the area where I live. So they go to these check cashing places and end up with hundreds and fifties, which btw they also love to stuff in their purses and pockets, I don't think they stash any of it away at home somewhere. Seriously, if someone wanted to rob people, they should look at the not-so-rich looking folks in the Hellmart parking lot because they've got all of their cold hard cash in wads on them!
      Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

I can vouch for the not trusting a bank account. I have spent the last TWO days with over an hour each time on the phone to the bank.
        First those experian fuckers had us down for an account and were charging us 30 bucks every 2 weeks. Total for them was 90 bucks. When you call experian and explain you want to cancel whatever shit you got with them they say hey we dont have you in our system. We aren't the ones taking your money and you have no account with us. Fantastic. Called the bank they said start with experian. I just wasted 40 minutes of my life with those assholes. They have no idea who I am or why I think they are taking my money. They say they aren't. My bank statement says otherwise.
        Total time of my life wasted with experian and my bank 3 hours yesterday.

TODAY the bank has posted the same check twice. Once in the savings. And once in the checking. Plus charged us an overdraft fee in both accounts. OH HELL NO.

I had electric coming thru and moved money out of the savings into checking on Monday. The check posted on Tuesday. Today being thursday imagine my surprise when I see that same check a 2nd time (and yes I verified ) plus TWO NSF charges. One because the checking account didn't have the money on Monday even though I moved it over on Monday and the check hit tuesday. But the check was presented monday apparently just not visible to me. So they say.

They said because the money was not in the checking account they put it on the savings account. Well thats fine except it IS on the checking account. I am looking at it. Plain as day. 2 NSF fees and 2 checks. GRRR Just under 2 hours to get the other check cleared off and BOTH nsf fees returned.

I told hubby its time to change banks. We had armed forces and they were awesome. I have had USAA less than a year and those f*ckers I swear to god.

So yeah on payday you will see us with our cash in our pocket because our bank is notorious for double / triple charging and trying to get NSF fees when the money is there.

Comment

I know a few people who have had similar problems, Cleorose. Other people have had bad experiences with exes or flat out fraud. I only have accounts at two financial institutions, one a small local bank who is great, and the other a major credit card company. I check both very often, just in case.

Still, if you order delivery, isn't it common sense to know a delivery guy won't have that much change? I can't remember the time I even asked for change. It's pretty easy, $25 bill, give $30 and that's that. Of course, that lady seemed a bit of a dim bulb, and will likely remain so her entire life while she trains her spawn to act just like her.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            You missed a golden opportunity on that last one. You absolutely should have corrected that woman about the fact that you were early, not late, not very late, but early. Screw her.
            While I do agree with you Jester, just the repetition and the nasty reaction of the SC in this type of situation ----- well let me put it this way it does NO good except to further piss off the SC, prompts the SC to call and complain about me being "rude and being a jerk" that it sometimes is just not worth the effort. Just get the transaction done ASAP and leave and move on to the next delivery. There is such a thing as graceful losing.
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
              While I do agree with you Jester, just the repetition and the nasty reaction of the SC in this type of situation ----- well let me put it this way it does NO good except to further piss off the SC, prompts the SC to call and complain about me being "rude and being a jerk" that it sometimes is just not worth the effort. Just get the transaction done ASAP and leave and move on to the next delivery. There is such a thing as graceful losing.
              DO they print the order time and proposed delivery time on the reciept? If so, next time someone says you are late, make a show of looking at the ticket, your watch and saying 'but you ordered 40 minutes ago, with a deliver time of XXX and it is now XXX-10minutes ... I don't see the problem here. '
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Racket, I get what you're saying, and I'm not suggesting this as a way to rub it in their face, as pleasant as that may be. I made my suggestion because if these people continue to have people just tacitly accept their actions, it reinforces their belief that they are right. And hey, they're gonna bitch about you anyway, it seems. Might as well correct them along the way.

But yes, I do get that sometimes it's just easier to shut up and let them have their way. I really do get that. It just kind of rankles me to know that these people ever think they're right to act this way.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

i experienced the $100 dollar thing a few times as a driver.

I never had to cancel the order. I made it clear. I can give $20 dollars change. Thats all. If that doesnt work for you then no pizza for you. Most of the time they just took the 20 and i got a nice tip. When i told my manager (cause you know im not stupid i just got a 30 dollar tip on on 50 dollar order there could be complaining) he a;ways laughed and told any complainers that we only carry 20 dollars and the only way we would have more than that is if we had an order that paid cash right before you.

the few times they didnt take the 20 the either found a lower bill or ran to the nearest convenience store while i sat in my car.

Comment

Working...
                  X