This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Manager not happy

The Property Manager who works for the client that owns the garage where my one of the managers my husband reports to had a meeting with that manager as well as the manager over the overnight porter shift.

All three of them walked through the garage, and the Property Manager noticed roughly 250 lights were not working. The property manager was not happy.

The problem is this... my husband's employer was notified of this back in 2014.

Another garage that the client owns has roughly the same number of lights that are not working. My husband's employer also manages that garage.

Both garages are located in the same area of garages where my husband works.

So it is the overnight porter shift employees job to replace every light that does not work. All 500.

So... of course the manager is being reasonably responsible and assigning extra people to help replace bulbs, or rearranging the standard overnight duties to factor in how many bulbs should be replaced each night and on what schedule, right?

Comment

Pssh. Everybody knows, they'll just tell the guys to work smarter, not harder! But yeah../I guarantee they'll be expected to do ALL of their regular duties, in addition to the light bulbs...and "WHAAAAAT?! Why are the bulbs not done yet?! We've given you a whole day to get them all done!" >_<
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Now 2 property Managers are not happy

Last November when all of us were told about the changes that would take place in January, we were told that everyone had to interview for the porter positions, and that if hired, we would be working under a different division of our employer.

When I interviewed for the porter position, I was told by the employee interviewing me that he would be in charge of the first shift and the second shift and that he has his own detailed maintenance check list that everyone would follow. The interviews began on the first day of December last year.

Fast forward to February, and two property managers are not happy with how clean 2 particular parking garages are.

One of managers that my husband reports to is over those 2 particular parking garages, and he had a meeting with both property managers who told him the problems each of them saw regarding the cleanliness of those garages. And one of those garages is where there are roughly 250 lights not working.

So he had a meeting with the manager over all of the porters, who had a meeting with the daytime staff as well as with the overnight shift porter supervisor. He was pissed at what happened. The overnight shift porter supervisor is not happy either.

The thing is this...

When he interviewed me in December of last year, he told me that the maintenance check list he made should and would solve the problems.
        Last edited by snugglegirl05; 02-27-2016, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X